My GT42R st185 project

tissimo

Custom coils as in you made them or? I might do a cop setup when I do my 35R (will be running aem ems) is why I'm asking.

tjdouble07

tissimo":3apc8hya said:
Custom coils as in you made them or? I might do a cop setup when I do my 35R (will be running aem ems) is why I'm asking.

They are modified coils off of a CBR motorcycle. The only thing is you will be very limited on which sparkplugs to run if you use a motorcycle style coil, as you will need to make sure the spark plug you get has a screw off tip, or you are able to machine the spark plug end to accept the coil...

tjdouble07

Meurz":3id588at said:
Looking good! 8) One big ass wastegate was no option?

Thanks man. And to answer your question, no it wasn't an option. To run a true twin scroll turbo setup, you need to make sure the exhaust pulses are isolated, and if I were to run only one wastegate, it could cause cross contamination between the two...

Red Rabbit

Wow i have been gone a long time but this project is awesome looking i cant wait to see what this thing does. Just wondering though, didnt you say you sold your car a few months back or was that just a joke?

tjdouble07

Red Rabbit":2mavgkhi said:
Wow i have been gone a long time but this project is awesome looking i cant wait to see what this thing does. Just wondering though, didnt you say you sold your car a few months back or was that just a joke?

Haha!, no it was an April fools joke that lasted like 10 minutes...

syko says

Weren't you also really considering selling your car?

Anyhow, I love that manifold set up! I plan on also doing this, but way later down the road (I have a GT32) but no money. I want to see what this thing can do! Love the set up, love the car!

Red Rabbit

LOL i was wondering about that, glad to hear it was a joke though cuz i would hate for this car to get sold and disappear.

RedCelicaTRD

Looks....slow.

Trevor
nutswinger.gif

alltrac.net

tjdouble07

Oh Mr Wayne.... You are so very funny. :p

This look pretty slow too? 8)

p1000527ye1.jpg

p1000529mq1.jpg

p1000528nf5.jpg

Motor should have been in today, but I was finishing up little stupid stuff...

I will do my best to have it in Monday night (my friend's shop where I am working on my car will be closed tomorrow and Sunday...)

etantshi

RedCelicaTRD":v0z5yg0h said:
tjdouble07":v0z5yg0h said:
This look pretty slow too? 8)

Sure does. Last time I checked you needed an engine in a car to get any speed :wink:

LMAO!!!!!

On a side note, I think it's time to polish up that tranny. Can't have a bling comp housing sitting next to a bobo tranny. :)

tjdouble07

GT4X":jc53fqox said:
What are you going to do about the clutch slave cylinder?

The slave cylinder fits. I mocked everything up in the car with the motor in when I built this turbo setup.

And about the oil pan, when you see what I had to do to make the 4" exhaust clear, you will understand why I didn't go with a bigger oil pan. No room.

GT4X

The reason for me asking is my T66 comp. housing touches the bleeder screw on mine so I had to rotate it up.

tjdouble07

GT4X":3asb0e3l said:
The reason for me asking is my T66 comp. housing touches the bleeder screw on mine so I had to rotate it up.

Yeah, when my friend and I built the manifold, we made sure to move the turbo far enough out to clear the slave cylinder, and in the process it caused me to completely change my coolant system/radiator to get everything to fit.