My GT42R st185 project

Denver_whiteST185

a couple places make them, but you can get a ribbed pulley brand new from toyota. p/n 16603-88360

looks like a freaking monster. what are your horsepower goals?

tjdouble07

Denver_whiteST185":169vikot said:
a couple places make them, but you can get a ribbed pulley brand new from toyota. p/n 16603-88360

looks like a freaking monster. what are your horsepower goals?

Whatever she makes, is what she makes... But I would think if all goes well, 700+ HP on E85, and closer to 800 HP on Q16 VP Race gas should be realistic (the race gas tune will be next year).

tjdouble07

alltracst185":g6kpikfk said:
did you upgrade your tranny gears to a dog box or is it stock?

That's one thing that's still stock on my car. Along with the axles and driveshaft.

I have a spare tranny in the garage, but at 550 WHP and countless AWD burnouts, the stock tranny has done pretty good so far. We will see how it holds up... Also, I would have liked to get in on the CF drivershaft group buy, but my build ended up going over budget as it is...

tjdouble07

Autobot":11lbkhx6 said:
Gone over budget? :shock: I thought your build costs were limitless....

Limitless Budget?! HAHA! I'm married, own a house, and have a kid on the way. With a baby on the way, finances have been a topic of discussion as of recent, and I assured my wife I would only spend what I had to, to finish this most recent 42r project. Basically I had planned of going no holds all out when I started this, but halfway through the project I found out I was having a kid, and I've kinda toned it down a bit since then. I'm not sacrificing the quality of the build by any means, but stuff like a CF driveshaft, dogbox tranny, and few other things are further down the priority list now, so they will be done on a need to be done basis, aka, if the shit breaks, then I'll replace it. :)

Even then, if anything big does break this year, it will have to wait till next year until I have the wife's approval to fix it... If you are married, you understand... :wink:

etantshi

RedCelicaTRD":2ldhrbfb said:
But you have to admit, the wifey has been more willing to let you finish then some would have, given the situation.

Or there have been some undisclosed expenditures. lol

smog7

so do you plan on tracking the car? I would love to see a video clip of a 700+hp all trac doing some laps.

tjdouble07

smog7":1s5n3tv9 said:
so do you plan on tracking the car? I would love to see a video clip of a 700+hp all trac doing some laps.

This year it will be quarter mile only, but next year I plan on doing some runs at Miller Motorsports Park also ( http://www.millermotorsportspark.com ). Just don't have any good track tires yet. But I do happen to have a set of wrinkle walls sitting in my garage to hopefully help me lay down some good 1/4 mile times... :wink:

Kcman91gts

OMG that engine is smokin hot ... very interesting what you decided to do with the turbo outlet .. adding that extra long piece of piping .. but yeah what up with the slave cyl. still gonna have room ?