My GT42R st185 project

syko says

Kcman91gts":2b6gmpzh said:
but yeah what up with the slave cyl. still gonna have room ?

tjdouble07":2b6gmpzh said:
Yeah, when my friend and I built the manifold, we made sure to move the turbo far enough out to clear the slave cylinder, and in the process it caused me to completely change my coolant system/radiator to get everything to fit.

Kcman91gts":2b6gmpzh said:
OMG that engine is smokin hot ... very interesting what you decided to do with the turbo outlet .. adding that extra long piece of piping ..

That would be needed for the FMIC. Smart idea it is.

RedCelicaTRD

tjdouble07":corq4dtx said:
This year it will be quarter mile only, but next year I plan on doing some runs at Miller Motorsports Park also ( http://www.millermotorsportspark.com ). Just don't have any good track tires yet. But I do happen to have a set of wrinkle walls sitting in my garage to hopefully help me lay down some good 1/4 mile times... :wink:

Now this I've gotta see. Last place comming out of the corners, first place at the end of the straight sections (if they are long enough).

tjdouble07

Well it's in... Still a long way to go before it's running, but I'll be taking tomorrow off from work to work on it, so hopefully by Friday she'll be running again...

(And yes I'll be cleaning up the engine bay before it's all done...)

p1000530ui9.jpg

tjdouble07

It's a PCV system consisting of two -10 AN fittings off of the valve cover going to a baffled catch can, with a -10 AN fitting on the top of the can (behind the baffling) going to an exhaust slash-cut (working on the venturi effect) with a one way valve, creating negative pressure in the can. On the bottom of the can is another -10 AN fitting which serves two purposes. First, it acts as a drain, so as oil condenses in the can, it drains back to the oil pan. Second, it further helps to prevent positive pressure in the crankcase, in addition to the fittings off the valve cover. When you run a lot of boost (like 30 PSI+), you get a decent amount of blow-by, and without a good PCV system, you can blow oil seals, whether it be a rear or front main. Or in my case with my last motor, a cam seal.

klue

tjdouble07":2hbdpv71 said:
It's a PCV system consisting of two -10 AN fittings off of the valve cover going to a baffled catch can, with a -10 AN fitting on the top of the can (behind the baffling) going to an exhaust slash-cut (working on the venturi effect) with a one way valve, creating negative pressure in the can. On the bottom of the can is another -10 AN fitting which serves two purposes. First, it acts as a drain, so as oil condenses in the can, it drains back to the oil pan. Second, it further helps to prevent positive pressure in the crankcase, in addition to the fittings off the valve cover. When you run a lot of boost (like 30 PSI+), you get a decent amount of blow-by, and without a good PCV system, you can blow oil seals, whether it be a rear or front main. Or in my case with my last motor, a cam seal.

good to see a race pcv system in use. works wonders for the blow by.!

tjdouble07

I have no clue how well it works yet, as the car isn't running yet (it's close though), but basically I removed my A/C condenser, and got a custom radiator the size I needed and put it in the place of my condenser. It's a 3" thick all aluminum race core. I'm also running a decently sized Earl's oil cooler, and a TRD low temperature thermostat, combined with controlling my coolant fans through my Hydra, having them turn on at a lower temperature than stock. Finally, I added a fan to my new Garrett Air to Air FMIC, for times I'm at the track in the staging lanes (or stuck in traffic), and I want to prevent my IC from heat soaking. All of this, in combination with all of my new turbo go fast parts being coated with HPC's "Extreme" ceramic coating, and of course my new RC hood...

I'm hoping with all that, I shouldn't have any cooling issues...