My Black ST185.. [australia]

BlackGT4

Hey guys, I've been registered on here for a while now. And always find myself coming back as this is such a great source for alltrac/GT4 related info.

Quick run down, Bought car 4 yrs ago, spent heaps of cash, blown an engine.
Bought a jap 185RC halfcut. Have had the RC gear running for about a year now, and its awesome. Theres definitely a performance increase over my old setup (which included a CT20b, and FMIC)

Other things worth mentioning is that the car has full Whiteline Works Suspension kit. ROH Custom 3-piece rims. They are 17x7.5 with 35 offset...and Blitz Access ECU.

Just last week I ordered the Speed-Source GT28RS Turbo Kit. I'm also looking at buying a ST205 Gearbox next month. The other thing I'm still considering is upgrading to a Metal head gasket before throwing the new turbo kit at it.

rc01.jpg

rc02.jpg

sikx5

Said this many times...but i'll say it again, Black GT4's give me chubbs :oops: :lol:

Looking good man, get some spacers in the rear :)

Kcman91gts

Absolutely stunning man . i love those hoods for some reason but the black paint is what stands out the most very nice.

twincams

what kind of boost are u planning to run on that turbo? m running a garret too with similar size... not sure if hitting 18psi with everything else stock on the internals is safe... can someone advise here? or any previous threads anyone can remember?

BlackGT4":2n64d0hy said:
this may be a familiar sight to some of you on here :)

ST185pinjo

Nice turbo kit!

I would buy a wideband to go with it if you don't have a different tool to control you fuel(ems, romtune).

twincams;

I thought you had a GT2871, not the RS.

This is a popular turbo on the mr2oc. these guys get 300 hp and blistering spool.

I would however get a upgrated fuelrail(bored stock(ATS)) or Wolfkatz rail. Your injectors should fit in that (wolfkatz)rail without extra rubbers or jackets.
Maybe upgrade to a dualfeed rail.
Maybe you need a walbro pump and raised fuel pressure to get you where you want.

Be carefull, leaning out is very dangerous.

good luck.

BlackGT4

How does a wide band o2 sensor help?
I'm running a stock fuel system and a blitz ecu at the moment. So I'll leave the boost on stock to start off with.

ST185pinjo

The widband lets you measure/check the A/F. If you go to lean, you can see it and turn the boost down, so your engine survives.

If you go WOT, your injectors are at 100% from a certain rpm(4500 or so). On the stock CT26 the A/f is then 10, or richer. If you buy a bigger turbo, you need more fuel. Now, because you have some fuel leftover, 10 is to rich. You can boost the new turbo till the A/F becomes 11 under boost. I would not go leaner than that if you have no ems.

I don't reckomend this kind ot tuning, but some people are doing it this way.
I have an ems for my tuning.

twincams

pardon my ignorance, m not sure what i used to have...but here are the pics of it already blown...
Pics30042008038.jpg

compressor housing
Pics30042008035.jpg

exhaust side... no visible damage....
Pics30042008039.jpg

bent compressor fins which were initially not so visible inside the housing...
Pics30042008037.jpg

and my replacement turbo now in the car...
Pics30042008032.jpg

Pics30042008034.jpg

currently running 205 injectors and ic, walbro pump, autronic SM4...

ST185pinjo":2vl48kqx said:
twincams;

I thought you had a GT2871, not the RS.

This is a popular turbo on the mr2oc. these guys get 300 hp and blistering spool.

I would however get a upgrated fuelrail(bored stock(ATS)) or Wolfkatz rail. Your injectors should fit in that (wolfkatz)rail without extra rubbers or jackets.
Maybe upgrade to a dualfeed rail.
Maybe you need a walbro pump and raised fuel pressure to get you where you want.

Be carefull, leaning out is very dangerous.

good luck.