Time to do work!

SleepingTurbo

4844393327_1bbc6030ed_b.jpg

i need to get my side cladding on. bad. next week. im getting help with them, in exchange for an alignment.

SleepingTurbo

so i should replace the tie rods before i leave. but i dont know if im getting them on time to do it here, i may just end up doing it in cdale. not a big deal.

but other things that i have bought in the last 18 or so hours:
ss clutch line from speed source
hex valve cover bolts
GM 3 Bar MAP sensor

soon i will be purchasing:
Southbend Performance Rally Clutch
Kelford Cams 268 int 278 exh cams
thats about it for now.

once i get the map sensor, it goes on, my intake goes straight, and my BPV gets vented to atmosphere. and im turning up the boost to about 15psi. should be a lot more fun.

SleepingTurbo

so these are the pictures of the work i did today. last pictures with all the stickers and what not. took out my intake piping and some Ic piping, removed the battery, the valve cover, the alternator and some other stuff. and yes i know its dirty, hasnt been washed in like five months.
DSC02105.jpg

DSC02106.jpg

DSC02107.jpg

DSC02108.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

quintessential turbo shot
DSC02111.jpg

emptier engine bay
DSC02110.jpg

DSC02112.jpg

tomorrow im going to clean the downpipe and heat shield, already cleaned the valve cover, then paint them. the valve cover wil be white, the heat shield and down pipe will be black. im also going to take out the cruise control, AC "chiller unit", the back seat and some panels from the trunk area.

ill keep this thread up to date as work is done.

SleepingTurbo

awesome thanks for the info! i wasnt sure what to do so i didnt get around to it. but i got my fcd in thanks to chris, got all my stuff painted too. here are some pics...

straight intake painted:
DSC02120.jpg

this is how the VC turned out
DSC02118.jpg

heat shield
DSC02117.jpg

before paint
DSC02113.jpg

underside cleaned a little bit
DSC02114.jpg

rear seats are out
DSC02119.jpg

MWP

You have an alltrac, and put a "i hate grip" sticker on it? :twisted:
The reason for having an alltrac is because you want grip!

I hope that new paint is high temp heat proof stuff.

SleepingTurbo

lol i know it was a joke, right under it i had a sticker that said i do it for teh lulz. i took all the stickers off today though. i figured it was time for people to take the car seriously. so the only one i have is the penguin sticker and an atsracing.net sticker.

SleepingTurbo

DSC02121.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02123.jpg

DSC02124.jpg

DSC02125.jpg

DSC02126.jpg

DSC02127.jpg

DSC02128.jpg

DSC02140.jpg

DSC02141.jpg

got the VC on after it was clear coated along with the heat shield. removed the charcoal canister, one little vacuum tank which wasnt connected to anything, started removing my cruise control, but the one bolt that holds the entire assembly in is just turning inside the welded-on nut inside the fender well. so idk what to do, i think im gonna take a bolt extractor to it tomorrow. got my throttle body back in place, along with my throttle extension. the alternator is no in place too with the belt and everything tightened.

feeling really defeated though. i feel like im not getting enough done. so tomorrow im going to try and knock out everything else that needs to be taken care of.

does any one have any suggestions for that cruise control bolt? basically its rusted away enough to just spin inside the nut, but still be held in. any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Terracar

Not sure about the CC bolt, sorry, not familiar enough with the ST165 to know, but what about a hacksaw to just cut the bolt?

What paint did you use for the VC and heatshield? It looks really nice.

The Shut up, I Nucking got this sticker, made me laugh.

-Terracar

SleepingTurbo

i got the cruise out, i just had to grind the head of the bolt off with a dremel.

well for the valve cover and the heat shield i painted them krylon first, then i had them painted in toyota super white with a heavy clear coat over them.

they both turned out really nice, in my opinion and im glad i didnt just leave them as krylon, because that wouldnve gottens o dirty, so quickly.

SleepingTurbo

So i need just a few things to get my car back on the road:

Battery relocation
throttle cable hooked up
extending my MAF harness
and reinstall my IC piping

then i can put fluids back in, and start it up. im going to get my boost controller installed by a friend of mine, and then hopefully purchase an AEM UEGO and WB. i dont wanna fuck anything up, and my friend is an expert.

once i get the boost controller and WB installed, im gonna turn it up to 11.5psi to see what that does. Thanks to bloodmoney for installing my HKS FCD. I may have to adjust it once i raise the boost, right now its at stock boost, with the TVIS still intact and what not.

I wanna shoot for friday to have my IC piping in, MAF extended, and my throttle cable hooked up. I may have to wait a bit on the relocation kit, my friend is being hella generous and getting it for my birthday.

ill keep everyone updated as it comes along.

SleepingTurbo

so the list for the weekend that i'm home is short, but sweet and will get me that much closer to driving it.

first thing is the exterior, because its been bothering me for a while now:
Fender extensions
Pass. headlight motor
OEM Fog Lights

then the motor:
Extend MAF harness
Install IC piping
Find a temporary place for my battery

and i also need a climate control unit so winter doesnt kill me this year.

i have WTB ad's up for the fog lights, head light motor and climate control, so if anyone sees this before those, please contact me ASAP.

SleepingTurbo

So everything is coming together nicely, started it last night, and it ran perfectly until it ran out of gas because im an idiot.

so now i have to fix that issue, but in the mean time, with some help from my stepdad, i made a badass mouting position for my Profec.
IMG_0304.jpg

check that shit out. no velcro, no zipties.

tomorrow, im making a surround for my AFR vent gauge.

would also like to say a big thanks to xKirex as he came through with a head light motor and climate control unit. big props to him.

hopefully i can get it in tip top before leaving to school, and its becoming more of a possibility now. hopefully.

SleepingTurbo

got half of the wiring done, tomorrow is finishing it up. got the fuel line and vac lines run for my boost controller. if my battery is fully charged tomorrow im going to try and back it out of the garage and maybe drive it around the block. hopefully no catastrophic happens lawl