Tubasteve - **update** 10-3-2015 -new pictures

tubasteve

#deleted pix links as they are no longer good...#

well i got just about what i was thinking. i had one huge issue....untill 3200 ish i was way, i mean way lean 14:1 and above, at 2-2500 it was 18:1, jumped the fuel pump to run 12 full time gained 3 hp, closed the tvis lost 4. over all out come was tvis open fuel pump jumped. here is the picture

they did say not to run it at first. so here im wanting to just see, motor is coming out anyway...im not too worried, first time at the dyno first time for this,usualy i just guess. the hp at the crank they calc. was 243.1(30%) im worried with the 2k-3.7k range, they said it looks fine above that. am happy with 187.77, just another 212.23 to go abouts.

this car has:
fmic ebay special with crap freddy bov
3" intake
3" down pipe
stock pipes after the mid pipe
mid pipe is 2.75
st205 ecu with code 54 :-(
turbo on stock spring car not controling the boost at 9-10 psi
modified gm3 bar map.
...if i think of more ill post

vip09

Yeah, that 205 ecu is meant to run on 540cc injectors. Why don't you just get a 205 map sensor, MAT, and IAT?

tubasteve

440cc, i know 540, and the iat is fine, fuel pressure was between 42-47 psi the gm 3 bar reads fine, the car to run rich by the way i set her up when i ran it at my shop. just so happened to run lean.

edit!

when the st205 motor shows up ill drop all the right stuff on the 185 motor, and get it dynod again. but im keeping the iat and mat and changing map, injectors and fpr, that cool?************
this was changed due to false postage cause of what i found

tubasteve

started taking the fuel system apart, the injectors that is, and noticed something, the injectors werent what my other two motors had. part number or numbers in general said "560L" on oneside and 04/06 on the other. the injectors looked fine. pulled the plugs. looked fine. found my weird airplane like suond and a vacume/boost leak. a plug i put over a vacume port is leaking so bad it cracked ect. the thing is less than 7 months old. put the machine on it to see a before and after. air fuel input, found it running wicked rich now. had to re-start the car, fix the idle screw...got the fpr turned back down now(installed a new one today) but i wont dyno until the new motor is installed cause ive spent my 100 already for this ones dyno, and i need to pay down some of these loans.

tubasteve

so the "wrc" motor was not ture, not too worried cause of the price. but what kinda got me by suprise is the st215 caldina motor showed her face on my door step. at first what caused the issue with realizing it. it was all wraped in this plastic, so it looked right, came off the truck, and went to put my hand on the intercooler and bam! no w2a...then realized the intake is a side feed no less....i was shocked. call the sup. guy. he is wicked pissed, and is dreading shipping it back. he has offerd to send the complete harness and ecu now no charge cause i told him the 205 can have a cut harness no worries......but! well that is where i am now, yeah i could have refused the ups guy cause i cought it before he had it on the ground. but i thought id see where it can go i know ive had a couple members from here call me today cause they saw the motor being dropped off and seem happy, but im not to sure about this, i was reading about the 205 setup sence i bought my car, rigged it up to work with the 205 ecu for the most part, and now seems like all a loss cause i knew the wires of the ecu for this like the back of my hand.....give me input asap, cause i need to make up my mind quick.

-steve

so, did you keep the motor? i have the st215 motor in mine, and its a blast to drive. i mean, look at the positives of it. it have coil on plug ignition, metal head gasket, side feed intake, 550cc injectors plus they are high impedance, and also its rated at 265 horsepower. thats the differences of 20 horses from the 3rd gen. wiring this engine up is pretty simple too, just as easy as any 3s swap.... you should keep it. the best part of it all is that, the motor is only bout 7-8 years old compared to that of the 2nd gen or 3rd gen. plus, it be something different for the celica community. just my 2 cents.. btw, heres a thread on celicatech that has some info on the swap.
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16201

Sal

Return it, they F'ed up on their part.

No reason for the shop to get pissed off if it's their fault!

tubasteve

im happy they are making it way right, and the price was good for complete swap...and the cop is what im happy about. i would give it back butt......now i have a reason to go stand alone....they are sending me a m/t ecu and harness. well see, i got a wrong motor, mybe ill get an ems :lol:

tubasteve

btw news, 1998 honda accord was wrecked today, alright someone bumped it..... but the right front is smacked pretty good. still drives but the guy was an idiot..... :shoots:

tubasteve

on the 4gen motor i started pulling stuff of it to get preped to drop in, will need tons of parts. tryen to deside if i should push back the drop in for rods and pistons, and sence the head is off do valves ect. its one of those, while you are there moments. im all about not rushing this one, i needed to rush into the last motor cause of smog and getting it reg. the car has been great, but now its time to make all my dreams come true, i sat down with my dad and started to talk to him about what i want to do, and chatted over the phone with our local trd guy. i need all kinds of things to be shipped, i thought id never do this after seeing all these people sit down and tear their cars down for weeks if not months. i cant, two weeks max i think, the motor i have in the car still moves her just fine, no issues. i need a new rack, and pump, ect. i already know that. making a custom less chance to leak hose for the p/s system as there is too much going on. the a/c will stay in the car at all costs! i live in socal! you need it where i live.

im looking to get some parts poished as there will be way less stuff in the engine bay/on firewall. no coil, map, ign., and other stuff im taking a blank to. the car will run stand alone. aem will be here hopfuly soon, orderd my cut harness. well, gota go check out this house. says it has hoists...ive been lied to a lot latly!

did u recieve the diagrams i sent u? if u have anymore questions.. let me know or if u wanna check out my swap... just let me know. goodluck..

tubasteve

yes thank you! 5 things of wonders, i did email you back i think...im waiting on parts before i make the jump to drop it in, clutch ect. oh yeah and an air conditioned shop....just kidding

Kcman91gts

I also have a caldina ecu input / wiring diagram if you need it , actually i believe i may have 2 . but very impressive build , im glad to see another person actually giving this particular engine/generation a chance.

tubasteve

So while my caldina is on her holding skids, got the celica fixed up with some new parts. new p/s rack with new tie rod ends, took me forever cause it looks as if it was the factory one, so bolts were "welded" on there. put in new injectors, modified my fuel rail to the "8mm" side feed, 205 pressure reg. and all that stuff. when i had it dynoed it went lean for the first 1.5k rpm, it also felt as if i had vtec when boosting...was the injectors, was going to have them flow tested cause they say 6XXcc on the top....but i dont think thats the flow, or they are way dirty. car seems so much better. smooth and no lag feel.

on the caldina motor, still waiting on the harness and ecu. dont really have the means of putting it in right this min. so im buyen stuff for the stockie for now which is working out so far. wanting to do mls head gasket here next month...haha that's in four days. my new "big"...ger turbo will be here tomorrow after noon sometime. very happy with this guy knew his stuff very well, i will post more once i get it and install it. factory rebuild on ct26/20b is $275...upgrade to ct27 and bigger is $475 free clipping if you ask. and this is on exchange ONLY. cores i dont now

tubasteve

UPDATE ON MY LITTLE CAR. GOT A CALL TUESDAY SAYING THE MOTOR SUP. CREITED BACK MY CARD AND I WAS TO KEEP THE MOTOR! SO NOW IM ORDERING PARTS TO COMPLETE THIS. MORE INFO THIS WEEKEND WHEN IM OFF

tubasteve

yes. and not so yes. in the fact that i took hours of on the phone crap.....it was not the motor i orderd......and the place would not take it back...