Tubasteve - **update** 10-3-2015 -new pictures

tubasteve

okay, so I took a couple of years off and trying to get back on here to finish what ive been developing.

Update:
1) got a new job last year
2) car still runs tip top
3) engine/trans and brakes are setup for street use currently for smog in may

Plans over the next couple of months include

Brakes being ccompleted to be able to stop when being heavily used(currently on going testing for both 5x100/5x114)

Engine being refinished on the new block and completely re-doing another head with valve system gone through again.

Cams....this will be interesting

Put up the write up for aem ems+4 (also working on my own stand alone 32 bit ems). Will be running coil on plug. For the 3sgte only really with only tdc and cylinder ident.

Trans....eh nothing preitty

Turbo choice will depend on cam choice.

Complete the edfc conversion on suspension.

Install the new lsd
install all the bushings ive already had for 2 years.

Finish gauge mounting.

Install an actual functioning radio instead of dead space for gauges.

Im currently having to go through my stock of parts and invintory of new and used. Its taking some time coding and inputing the info into my data base. Im a horder of what I have, I take failed parts and find out why or how they failed to ensure it can be lessen issues in the future. I currently also have a back ground in the goto shop in so-cal for alltracs and took a step back this time last year in going another direction with the car again as well as just getting a b etter understanding what I wanted to do. If you are still reading to this point then youll know things will start getting posted on here for refference.

tubasteve

Had system 10 stock, removed it due to messed up door panels and lacl of speakers to put in place due to the stock ones being wrecked. Here is before: the after is 75% done as i have to fix the speaker cover, get a new grill and fix the arm part better. Black insert is suade.

Speaker clears door, door also has been sound dead mat on the inside.

Speaker was $30 and quality feels better than i thought

tubasteve

Due to lighting its hard to show, car has molded black carpet now and seats are being re-done in the coming week once carpet is done

I added sound deadening to the drivers door, fixed (lubed) window regulator and fixed the switch so auto down works flawlessly and fixed the up that was hard to push to get it to move.

Edfc installed, and hooked up.

Engine is sitting in a crate with all the parts needed to be put together. Sold both turbos i had to go more of in the middle of what they both were. Cams need to also be less agressive. Also setting up a vw style smog bypass program :rofl:

Located wheels, just waiting on them.

Car is having/finally getting washed on the inside. The prevuous owner left the windows down in a dusty place......you wont believe where dirt gets so easily.

The stereo....well wont be the stock on as much as i wanted, BUT...ill be making a fake front out of the system 10 unit. The stereo will be a unit of my own ive been building with internet link to my house for all my movies/music. Also have a one off navigation. The speakers i chose were ment for the celica is the way they're designed.

As soon as interior is done to where i can have my garage back ill be starting on the engine.

Scrap Metal

In case anyone was curious.

I bought this car earlier this year around March.
Currently installed FMIC, Synapse BOV, CRW Billet CT20b upgraded turbo
Also just put on 17x9 +35 Enkei RPF1 with 235/45/17 Tires. I need to address the clearance issue with the wheel hitting the front Coilovers with a small spacer.
Also the car could probably be lowered but I'll have to roll the rear fenders as well.

The clutch pedal went out the other day so I'll have to see if its the slave or master.

Previously I was the owner of many 2nd gen MR2 Turbos so I'm very familiar with the 3sgte.