My krazy evo/sti killer idea :D

weapon5

Alright this might sound strange but i plan it out. this year im going to start collecting parts. maybe is not worth my money or time but fuck it im going to enjoy it. if you think something dont sound right let me know alrite. i did some research on it so i short of know what im talking about. :D

this year im going to collect these parts.

00 celica gt shell
3sge beams black/grey top
3sgte 1gen block
st205 whole drive-train tranny too

2year
start mating the beam with the block all racing port and racing spec.
ask turbonetic to make a turbo to fit my engine spec. also coating internal to spray some juice :D still going to ask nos how much shot my engine could handle. contact weapon r to customized a intake for me. find a itb for it too and customize an turbo manifold. also have turbonetic recommend me an intercooler. im going to have rc and msd recommend me there ign system which is best for me fuel too. :D then tune it.
the tranny i'll use carbonetic carbon clutch kit. 3" turbo back :D

3year
primer the shell, repaint. supra mark 4 big brakes system. keioffice supension. fixed tune. roll cage, and make the body more stiff also add poly brushing and mounts. carbon fiber fenders, bumpers, hood. pixi glass. 17" rim in front 19" in back all wide tires and slicks.

4year
install engine tranny and drivetrain. tune and dynamic tune. install nos, relocate battery, noise cancelling carpet, 2 rally seat, no back seats, see how much my altnator could hold for a good sound system with JL's, trd knob, trd steering wheel, custom gauge,

5year
enter in auto cross
enter in auto shows
enter in american touge :D
im using a good afm ecu programing unit not sure which one yet but i heard there one where you can switch from racing boost to street so i think im getting that one also im going for controllable supension so i could do racing spec and street spec. thanks for reading sorry for bad english :p anyways what do you think? also yes i will have a vvti controller :p im trying to set up my vvti early in the rpm and then have the turbo in the higher rpm. for engine internels hks/juns :D yes is like the ulitmate celica that rod miller created but im going to produce mine i hope. just a little at a time maybe it might take longer but when this project start i'll post it every step of the way :D

tw2

Don't take this the wrong way but whats this car for? You can build a wrx/evo killer for a lot less hassle and in a lot less time. I can't imagine how hard it will be to fabricate a gt chassis for all wheel drive.

I'm guessing this will cost you over $20-30k. You have a good plan if you did decide you really wanted that body and 4x4. I'm not sure you will get any benefit from beams over a standard gen 2,3 or 4 3sgte. Why a gen 1 block? Goodluck

Dracov

Definitely aiming high with an ambitious project like that. Done well enough it could even be tasteful, unlike the ugly bird that was Rod Millen's "Ultimate Celica", which is pretty close to this in concept. I'd say, if you've plotted out a budget to go with the plan, and it's something you're confident you can afford...go for it. Let us know how it turns out.

CMS-GT4

If you have a beams engine, why are you bothering with new intake manifold etc..?

Doesn't the BEAMS have a pretty impressive intake system as well.

Also, why not just get the beams engine built instead of trying to make it work with 3sgte parts?

There are also lots of turbos already that might fit your specs. Just search on the MR2 boards.

You might want to check out the fensport y2k 205 swap. You can get an idea of floor pan and maybe other fabrication you will need. If you search around google, you can find more detailed specs of the build in a forum.

http://fensport.co.uk/fensportcars.htm

weapon5

well i heard the 1st gen block is the strongest. the manifold is cause i want itb as well so i have to make a speacil one for the itb since im turbocharging it. yea you could get a 3gen 3sgte but it doesnt have vvtil which i want. the project is mainly for unqieness. i love the 7th gen shell hate the motor love the alltrac motor but i wanted more power vvtil, turbo, nos perfect :D so yea im going to have a big budget but im spitting it in years so it be a slow project :D. also im interested to see how powerful this frank' motor could become. i'll differently post my work along the way for anyone who wanna attemp this some day :D

weapon5

tw2":1dxchp16 said:
Don't take this the wrong way but whats this car for? You can build a wrx/evo killer for a lot less hassle and in a lot less time. I can't imagine how hard it will be to fabricate a gt chassis for all wheel drive.

I'm guessing this will cost you over $20-30k. You have a good plan if you did decide you really wanted that body and 4x4. I'm not sure you will get any benefit from beams over a standard gen 2,3 or 4 3sgte. Why a gen 1 block? Goodluck

enter in auto cross
enter in auto shows
enter in american touge

vip09

weapon5":vlfcepre said:
yea you could get a 3gen 3sgte but it doesnt have vvtil which i want. the project is mainly for unqieness. i love the 7th gen shell hate the motor love the alltrac motor but i wanted more power vvtil, turbo, nos perfect :D

The 2ZZ-GE is the only engine that has VVTL-i.

CMS-GT4

From what I understand, this is different than what the Y2k celica has. From what I have read, it is harder to tune and adjust for boost. No personal experience on my part though.

The fourth generation of the Toyota 3S-GE series, dubbed by Toyota as "Breakthrough Engine with Advanced Mechanism System". This series is technically advanced, even more so than the 2JZ-GTE. The first generation engine (Red Top) uses single cam VVT-i, the second (Black Top) employs dual VVT-i (on both the intake and exhaust) to provide 150 kW. It is available on the Toyota Altezza, Celica, Corona and MR2 and is the only 3S-GE to arrive in a rear-wheel drive layout from factory.

Fourplay

weapon5":101y4x4o said:
well i heard the 1st gen block is the strongest

Wherever you heard that is unreliable so best to permanently ignore that source of 'information'.

Toyota made a casting revision in the late '90's that addressed a block cracking problem that can occur even in relatively mild builds.

Just buy a brand new shortblock from the dealer as all the new ones are revised. You should be doing this anyway if you are considering making that much power.

weapon5

Fourplay":1wwx3vki said:
weapon5":1wwx3vki said:

Wherever you heard that is unreliable so best to permanently ignore that source of 'information'.

Toyota made a casting revision in the late '90's that addressed a block cracking problem that can occur even in relatively mild builds.

Just buy a brand new shortblock from the dealer as all the new ones are revised. You should be doing this anyway if you are considering making that much power.

thanks man i didnt know that is a good thing i posted this anyone else with anymore info hollar at me alrite to more the better :D

LegacyofDan

CMS-GT4":20196gph said:
From what I understand, this is different than what the Y2k celica has. From what I have read, it is harder to tune and adjust for boost. No personal experience on my part though.

The fourth generation of the Toyota 3S-GE series, dubbed by Toyota as "Breakthrough Engine with Advanced Mechanism System". This series is technically advanced, even more so than the 2JZ-GTE. The first generation engine (Red Top) uses single cam VVT-i, the second (Black Top) employs dual VVT-i (on both the intake and exhaust) to provide 150 kW. It is available on the Toyota Altezza, Celica, Corona and MR2 and is the only 3S-GE to arrive in a rear-wheel drive layout from factory.

where did u get that quote from?

lumbercis

weapon5":zxd71r79 said:
the 3sge beams black top from the is200 in japan has vvtil :D

The information was posted above, but just to make it clear, the BEAMs engines didn't have lift (vvtL-i), they only had variable cam timing (vvT-i).

I don't really know a diplomatic way to say this, so I'll just say it: You need to grow up a bit before even considering a project like the one you are suggesting. Unless you have extensive hands-on knowledge of these cars and engines, expert level fabrication skills (welding, custom parts etc), a fully equipped shop to do the work in, and a large disposable income, you are NOT prepared to pull something like this off. There is a reason only fensport has ever done anything like this.

If you do have all of the above, then you don't need our help.

Otherwise, I'd start with something a bit less ambitious.

J.

CMS-GT4

LegacyofDan":n1a9ihgb said:
CMS-GT4":n1a9ihgb said:

where did u get that quote from?

The 3sge Wiki.

klue

Fourplay":1pzq9jil said:
weapon5":1pzq9jil said:

st165 block is stronger than the newer ones. turbo and manifold cracking is a differnt story.

Sifu

I can see the allure of using an older machine and trying to whoop newer ones but in all honesty you would be WAY cheaper and easier to just purchase a Scooby/Evo/Elise and tune that.

Unless (as stated) you have a Platinum AMEX card/recently won the Powerball/Hulk Hogan's son this project will be doomed. The fabrication alone will take a lot of time to test, fit, tune, etc and if anything on this site it's this. The Alltrac is not a very forgiving car to new members. If you can stick with it it will reward you but honestly we see many new members come and go because they think this is a easier car to work on instead of a Honda or Mustang.

We have heard many people saying that they will convert a FWD Celica into an AWD machine and there's only been maybe 3 people who have actually finished this (Fennsport, someone in Turkey? and Stillen's $100,000.00 Celica). It's NOT a job for the faint of heart and when it's all said and done imagine what a $100,000.00 budget for a Lotus Elise would do (let alone an MR2!!!).

This definately sounds like a hodge~podge of Dr. Frankenstein's bits. Maybe you should change your gameplan and try to keep everything under $20k w/ car purchase. That way you can actually brag about how you beat a Porsche with a $20k car instead of spending $100k and still losing to a Porsche. But to each their own I suppose.

We're very skeptical because we've rarely have seen it done. We're harsh because in reality there is a slim chance that this will even bear any fruit. We're honest because we own these autos and know that it's possible but with too much money and even more work than is necessary. Keep us informed. If anything we love knowledge...

weapon5

lumbercis":1edb5bw5 said:
weapon5":1edb5bw5 said:
the 3sge beams black top from the is200 in japan has vvtil :D

The information was posted above, but just to make it clear, the BEAMs engines didn't have lift (vvtL-i), they only had variable cam timing (vvT-i).

I don't really know a diplomatic way to say this, so I'll just say it: You need to grow up a bit before even considering a project like the one you are suggesting. Unless you have extensive hands-on knowledge of these cars and engines, expert level fabrication skills (welding, custom parts etc), a fully equipped shop to do the work in, and a large disposable income, you are NOT prepared to pull something like this off. There is a reason only fensport has ever done anything like this.

If you do have all of the above, then you don't need our help.

Otherwise, I'd start with something a bit less ambitious.

J.

lumbercis your right i been thinking for the last couple day and this project out of my league. that reality well i been thinking alot about toyota and of course my favorite of all time car the celica and im not going to disspoint its name so im switching to honda till i get a better understanding of cars :D c y'all in a while :p