Sheng's st185 project Help needed!!! Updated 14/04/09

Sheng

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

^original start of the project,
about one year has passed finished, e tested yesterday and going to try to get insurance tmr :D .
so far everything is stock cept 2 new door sub woofers and getting a boost gauge tmr 8) . fcd and mbc in the works too. but just wondering anyone know where to order wheels online for the alltrac something like a canadian tirerack?? i tried www.tiretrends.com but no luck, looking to put something on my all-trac that arent steelies :doh:

thanks in advance =D

Sheng

Ok i need some help i want to pick up 5-zigen GN+
17x7.5 35 offset 5x100 bolt pattern <---- recommended but looking for osmething a bit wider more flush??
or
17x8.5 48 offset 5x100 bolt pattern <--- for subies but would i be able ot make ti work well??

Sheng

5-zigen pro racer GN+ 17x7.5 with 35 offset, rears sit in a lil =(

*hope these pics work*

boxes
015.jpg

020.jpg

rim :D
013.jpg

016.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

and shots on car

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Sheng

Thanks didnt know what size spacers i needed in the rears, wonderinf i the twosrus ones will work since i need that fcd anyways :shrug:

Denver_whiteST185

the twosrus ones will work since i belive they are hub centric and they are 5x100. i would email them to make sure.

BTW, be glad you didn't get the +48 ones. they don't make spacers big enough to fill the wheel gap you would have gotten with those, and they probably wouldn't have cleared the struts.

Sheng

New problem, getting a 92-93 engine and tranny. Would my 90 ecu and harness be pnp to the engine or would i need a new harness, since it's a jdm harness what would i need to do if i can't use my original 90 harness :shrug:

Sheng

Sheng

Some new parts, jdm engine and tranny

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

with downpipe fitted :oops:

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

new clutch Centerforce dual friction

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

Engine, tranny, clutch and 3" turbo back going in the car in approximately a week :oops:

Sheng

Sheng

Took about 20 hours to take the engine out, swap waterpump and timing belt, new clutch, put engine back in, wire up, install 3" turbo back exhaust and to let it run.

finished all that and now i have a new problem :doh:

Sheng

Sheng

Need some help, idle is around 1600-1800.
On boost the car begins to shake when it's below 3500 rpm.
After 3500 past 3/5 throttle the car also begins to shake like it's not boosting properly.
Very hard to start up and very easy to flood.
Unable to launch car or else it'll flood.
No CEL
JDM engine

Anyone have any advice???

Thanks in advance

Sheng

jpadilla

it sound to me that you have a vacum leak, first thing i would do is check vacum leak, make sure all the vacum lines are hooked up and did you get a jdm ecu with that engine? because i have seen it on this forum that alot of the issues were ecu related but first check all your connections and vacum before you change ecu. i would also just to be on the safe side, do a compresion test on all of the cylinders because you never know.

Sheng

Did the compression test on all four cylinders, they were around 170 across all four pistons.
I checked for vacuum leaks but will check again.
Is it possible that the tvis butterflies are getting stuck or the AFM?

Thanks in advance
Sheng