Magnum's ST185 project

magnum

More progress.
IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

magnum

March112011008.jpg

painted the valve cover today. It still needs to be wet sanded and polished.
March112011006.jpg

here is the custom oil filler cap I had made with the Celica dragon on it.

magnum

I just ordered 4 custom built 17x9.5+15mm Work VS-KF with a black chrome centers. Should receive them in 6 weeks. I think this will be my final wheels for my GT-Four. These have always been my dream wheels.
Image1.jpg

Landon

oh man things are comin along nicely for you. those wheels are going to look amazing. what tire size will you be running? also props on going borg warner. i saw their booth at sema this last year and i was sold.

magnum

At first I'm going to use the 215/40r17 tires that I already have, When they are burnt up I will move up to 245/35r17.
Also forgot to add that I purchased an AIM Strada dash for my car about 2 months ago. It hooks directly to my ViPec through a CAN bus port.
Aim%20MXL%20Strada.jpg

Landon

nice. i'm going to swap to cop soon and i just have been looking around to see the best system to use. i love that dash unit. looks good. can't wait to see everything on the car!

magnum

Picked up my wheels today, after fighting with the courier for 3 days. Will have tires mounted on Monday.
June242011020.jpg

June242011019.jpg

June242011018.jpg

June242011017.jpg

June242011016.jpg

June242011013.jpg

Landon

dude those look sooooo good. aw i love wheels sooo much. badass.. looks like you already got a good fender roll?

Landon

ya i was just now noticing that. what are the specs on those? you aren't running spacers are you? i love the dish, reminds me of mine which is prolly why i like it. it adds such a good look to our cars imo.

magnum

They are 17x9.5+15mm with 4" of lip on all four corners. No spacers. I agree I love wheels with a fat lip. It just looks better.

magnum

Here we are. I planed to get wide body fender for the front so the fit will be the same as the rear when they are installed. As you can see the front poke out too much. Wide body fenders are 20mm wider so it should be perfect.
workvskf001.jpg

workvskf007.jpg

workvskf011.jpg

workvskf012.jpg

workvskf005.jpg