Project with no name has come to an end... see last post.

GT4times2

I never liked the STX Celicas, but this is the exception. Kudos for building such nice and unique Celica. I'm conservative when it comes to exterior/body work, building cars.

I'm more about power/handling/cornering etc, but you did a great job. Not too much body cladding, everything was tastefully done. Again, Kudos on the build. I love it!

What size wheels are you using btw?

FWD-3SGTE

Thanks to everyone for the props, it means alot! And the color is definitely my favorite part of the car :)

The wheels are 17x7 Work RSZ-R's.

FWD-3SGTE

GT4times2":28mcfzoy said:
I never liked the STX Celicas, but this is the exception.

BTW, out of curiosity, did you mean the actual Celica STX or does the "X" stand for 165/185/205? I'm not sure which way you meant that :)

i love those sideskirts, which ones are they? im going to convert my bodykit crap out and go stock with lips and sides... are those the zyphr sides? looks to have a different look from the rear wheel archs.. are they modified?

Terracar

FWD-3SGTE":yhu398i2 said:
GT4times2":yhu398i2 said:
I never liked the STX Celicas, but this is the exception.

BTW, out of curiosity, did you mean the actual Celica STX or does the "X" stand for 165/185/205? I'm not sure which way you meant that :)

Canadia calls the ST model the STX I think the same in Oz, but I could be wrong on that part.

-Terracar

brandontoyota

OMG,,WoW bud thats is incredible.Beautiful craftsmanship.That color is awsome too.That car is going to be a blast.My 98 celica caldina conversion spins through 3rd gear no problem.So your gonna have a handfull.Lol.Thats great.Serious machine with alot of looks.Congradulations :wink: I put your pics in my celica folder cause its one of the sharpest celica ive seen yet.Thanks for sharing man :) Brandon

FWD-3SGTE

Thanks for all the words guys! This is a 91 GT actually, not a STX. But it's still a coupe (to be honest, not my fav body style in this year). I think my plan is to eventually put all of this in an Alltrac shell :)

celicast184":3t8c9cjx said:
i love those sideskirts, which ones are they? im going to convert my bodykit crap out and go stock with lips and sides... are those the zyphr sides? looks to have a different look from the rear wheel archs.. are they modified?

Yes, they are the "zephyr" sides. I modded them because I didn't care for the concave shape in the middle. They came out pretty nice, I'm happy :)

FWD-3SGTE":1h5e3pb1 said:
Thanks for all the words guys! This is a 91 GT actually, not a STX. But it's still a coupe (to be honest, not my fav body style in this year). I think my plan is to eventually put all of this in an Alltrac shell :)

celicast184":1h5e3pb1 said:

Yes, they are the "zephyr" sides. I modded them because I didn't care for the concave shape in the middle. They came out pretty nice, I'm happy :)

kool, so do you have any pics of the conversion of the sides? im willing to do the conversion too, but i want to see how you did them. any pics of the conversion would be nice. thanks.. btw, thats the cleanest coupe body celica i've seen. i like it.......

fhalperformance

wow, car looks alot different then when I last saw it. I really like the color and the hood looks great on the car. I kinda bought what i need to RHD my trac but its not an easy step with the car so close to running properly for the first time. Kudos on the build, hopefully ill see it this next weekend.

FWD-3SGTE

celicast184":3jqb4drh said:
kool, so do you have any pics of the conversion of the sides? im willing to do the conversion too, but i want to see how you did them. any pics of the conversion would be nice. thanks.. btw, thats the cleanest coupe body celica i've seen. i like it.......

I don't have any pics of the conversion. And I apologize for says that "I" did the conversion, I meant the dude that painted my car 3 years ago did them.

What he did was cut out the concave section of the skirt, take a PVC tube from home depot (or where ever) and cut it in half, fit it behind the skirt, and glass over :) Do you understand?

fhalperformance":3jqb4drh said:
wow, car looks alot different then when I last saw it. I really like the color and the hood looks great on the car. I kinda bought what i need to RHD my trac but its not an easy step with the car so close to running properly for the first time. Kudos on the build, hopefully ill see it this next weekend.

Thanks man, I thought of having the RHD converison done a long time ago, but not finding someone that had experience in that area, I decided to let my money go elsewhere. But you def gotta come check it!

sleeker162

Hey mate,
Been trying to send you a PM, but it's throwing back errors.
I'm chasing more info on the battery and bolt down bracket you've used, a link for the pair would be great!

FWD-3SGTE

Just a small update since I haven't updated this in quite a while I must say. This update is to show my progress on the custom front lip I am making. The pictures below are of a wooden "skeleton" that I made and I will fiberglass over it to create a mold for the final lip. Then some body filler, sanding, maybe some vents and then paint : )

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

I'm not sure what I'm going to use as a filler for the "ends" of the lip. In the first pic, the lip looks flared a bit, half because I haven't trimmed the laminate yet and half because the fenders bottom edge is more round than the bumper edge, but, I will cross that bridge later. I'm not looking to have a "molded on" look for the lip but large "gaps" will bother me. It should turn out well in the end though : )

Stay tuned!

CMS-GT4

Keep us posted on your process. I want to see how you do this without affecting the paint and body work already on the car. I will try my own lip in the near future too.