abraxxa's ST205

Talk about your project car here

Re: abraxxa's ST205

Postby abraxxa » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:12 am

The Elite 1500 is now running fine after having problems with the home signal. It seems both one of the wires used from the distributor is bad as well as one of the Haltech E11v2 wiring harness. After repinning both the home sensor connector and the Haltech 26pin connector it works fine now.
Road tuning will follow as well as swapping the front swaybar back to the OEM one from the C-One to only have the stronger C-One in the back which should help getting rid of the slight understeer.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
facelift ST205
abraxxa
Club Member

Postby TheNubkins » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Any updates with this? Tuned yet? I'm curious to know how you find the increased displacement and new turbo. How common are ST205's in Europe? One day I wouldn't mind importing one from Europe to Canada so I don't have to deal with right hand drive imports as they are commonly brought over here from Japan.
The Nubkins

-1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac Turbo
-2001 VW Golf TDI
TheNubkins
Club Member

Postby abraxxa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Road tuning by my engine builder and Haltech tuner showed problems with the boost control. He suggested to change to the strong 1.2bar actuator, didn't help, suggested to change to the Turbosmart IWG-75 dual port actuator, didn't help again. He suspects a clogged or otherwise to restrictive catalyst converter but I hadn't had the time to get it on a lift to check that.
It reached 1.8 bar @4000rpm but quickly fell off to about 1.2bar.
Still enough to close in on a Porsche Cayman GT4, overtake it and outrun it at 275+ km/h. :D
The goal is still to reach 300km/h.
facelift ST205
abraxxa
Club Member

Previous

Return to My Project