1991 GT4 RC - 03/26/10 -BAD NEWS :( Probably gonna sell

Autobot":k3ano95g said:
Which DVD/NAV system did you go with?

Just a shitty $300 one off of eBay. I didn't expect much from it but it's not too bad. It does everything is says. It has GPS, DVD, CD, Bluetooth, Ipod hookup which I use all the time, Aux outputs. The only thing it doesn't have is Sat Radio but I don't mind, I have an iPhone and can stream satellite radio through the Aux Cable or through bluetooth which is cool cause when I get a call it goes through the unit. I'd much rather have this than pay $1000+ for one similar. My friend has one and really the only difference i a smoother layout. Here's the link to the one i got.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...31439&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_18758wt_936

Canadian Winter

GetAttachmentaspx_21.jpg

DudeMan

Its all the dirt and salt that sucks.

In a few months Ill be hacking body panels off because of it. :bangshead:

Dups90gt

very nice build. is it a huge diff from when you got it? power wise? trick with the 3 gauge pod to fit perfect.. user a heat gun on low setting to get it to fit perfect (from the back to soften up the plastic.. don't scorch it, then use a winter mit or home depot garden glove to mold it to the a pillar.)

Dups90gt":1qzvpxrf said:
very nice build. is it a huge diff from when you got it? power wise? trick with the 3 gauge pod to fit perfect.. user a heat gun on low setting to get it to fit perfect (from the back to soften up the plastic.. don't scorch it, then use a winter mit or home depot garden glove to mold it to the a pillar.)

When I got it, it had a burnt clutch and I couldn't tell how much power it really had so I don;t know at all. And thanks for the tip :)

Dups90gt

hows that ebay dvd deck sound? is it any good? im looking to get a motorized screen for a computer setup when I get a piggyback.

Sorry guys been awhile since i updated it.
Dups90gt":1g0m3oj9 said:
hows that ebay dvd deck sound? is it any good? im looking to get a motorized screen for a computer setup when I get a piggyback.

The decks good. I mean you get what you pay for..so for $300 its a great deal. Not as good as the 1000 decks you pay for but whatever its pretty cool.

YerRandO":1g0m3oj9 said:
What happened you just had it all apart now your looking for a new headgasket?

Yes Sadly. Overheated need new oil pump, head gasket, needed to get the head resurfaced but after this it should be running good. I think Im going to try and sell it since its just a money hole. The engine/interior is pretty much good but just for a new paint job and to fix the little dings/scratches would cost alot. I just want something more reliable and better on gas.

athousandleaves

Just had a thought as to your lousy fuel economy...

Have you pulled out the ECU to check if its the actual OEM RC one or an aftermarket one?

Quite a few RC's that make it over here have been remapped in japan for less than stellar fuel economy but much better performance.

Just a thought... might keep you from selling your car! :)

GT4RC

athousandleaves":2pdqacqf said:

Have you pulled out the ECU to check if its the actual OEM RC one or an aftermarket one?

Quite a few RC's that make it over here have been remapped in japan for less than stellar fuel economy but much better performance.

Mine has a remapped ecu, and I get about 300km's a tank on 94 in city driving.

Edit: Also, Recirculating your blow-off valve may help? I plan to put in an intake and recirculate to see if it's any better.

And don't sell, at least not before I check her out :p

jonnyboygt4

GT4RC":3lojglyi said:
athousandleaves":3lojglyi said:

Mine has a remapped ecu, and I get about 300km's a tank on 94 in city driving.

thats about on par with what I get mpg wise....but on a long haul i get about 550-600 km`s....on a blitz ecu running 91 and lucas octane booster...they claim 7 octane boost...so 98 octane ish..

phattyduck

jonnyboygt4":1adqmqbg said:
thats about on par with what I get mpg wise....but on a long haul i get about 550-600 km`s....on a blitz ecu running 91 and lucas octane booster...they claim 7 octane boost...so 98 octane ish..
That would be a seven "point" boost - so 91.7 octane. Be careful. :doh: Run the highest octane available on those JDM motors - it makes a huge difference in how they run.

My ST205 swap would gain 20-30hp (butt dyno) when I mixed some 100 octane in the tank...

-Charlie