Project tank

MacGyver

hey all hows it going. im starting a thread to help me keep my stuff orginized while im doing my car. after about a year of trying and failing at getting all the problems worked out with my car i have decided to do a "COMPLETE" rebuild on it. its a white 90 alltrac with 205k on it and a few mods. i will post up pics when i get a chance in the next few days. as it sits now the entire inside has been removed along with all bumpers, fenders, doors, hood and hatch. windows are out sept for the front. motor is down to the block and oil pan and those will be out soon. all tires are off and its in the air waiting for me to start tearing into the under body.

after i get it completely striped down i am going to remove what little rust there is on the under side and coat that with Rino Liner truck bed linning. i may do the cargo space too. then work my way from the ground up replacing/ rebuilding anything that needs it and then painting it all and rubber coating anything i can. i live in cleveland and if you have anything exposed then it will rust faster than you would believe.

as for upgrades i have started fabing a removeable front lip, front and rear skid plates, front brush guard, fmic shroud. i will also be switching all of those shitty hard lines for fuel and oil to ss braided lines with rubber shrink wrap. break lines will be done too but i will need dot approved lines for that.

I am also in the process of changing the interior from blue to black. carpets are dyed and started sanding and painting all the plastics. windows are tinted but it seems someone did a hack job at it due to the massive airbubbles that are now cracking.

moving to the motor once i have it out i will be getting it resurfaced and honed out. the crank will be ground and balanced. new rings and hg and head studs. head is ported and exhaust is polished. going to need a new valve grind. switching to the tubular exhaust mani and that will be about it for now. i know i have alot more to put in here but i guess this is a good start. let me know what u guys think and please dont cheap shot my spelling mistakes. im a grease monkey not an english teacher.

Mike