track day all-trac, Clip in and new DD so it's moving alon

UtahSleeper

Thats a good goal to reach for..........but I dont know many ppl that want to turn a yota into a subi!!! lol

Good luck and post pics :)

phate1229

Well it's been a while and not much work has gotten done, school work and a lack of money has gotten in the way.
But I have pictures of the donor engine that's going in to it.
DSCF0771.jpg

DSCF0772.jpg

DSCF0773.jpg

DSCF0775.jpg

DSCF0777.jpg

DSCF0778.jpg

DSCF0781.jpg

DSCF0784.jpg

DSCF0790.jpg

DSCF0791.jpg

DSCF0792.jpg

DSCF0793.jpg

DSCF0796.jpg

DSCF0797.jpg

phate1229

Now if only the 165 could be in as good of condition as that is, still gotta deal with some rust and make those body panels.

phate1229

still in the shipping process, which is good for now because my garage is cluttered as hell from all the stuff that came off the 165, gotta pack away refurb or sell what I can to make room.

aubeone

phate1229":3j51imyf said:
yeah even with those it still rubbed going straight, what size is the nut that holds the strut on?
one more thing, rear quarter panel windows, what holds them in, I've undone all the bolts for it but after trying to remove the fenders and having to heat up the sound deadening that had hardened over 20 years I suspect the same stuff is used on the windows, can anybody confirm?

The adhesive used to hold the glass is more like a silicone than the expoxy used on body panels.

Oh, and there's some scary shit going on in the minds of people who work on these cars...on the right front corner of mine I found an exhaust clamp holding the strut cartridge in...WTF

aubeone

phate1229":3doafoxk said:
Well it's been a while and not much work has gotten done, school work and a lack of money has gotten in the way.
But I have pictures of the donor engine that's going in to it.
DSCF0771.jpg

Holy shit....pardon my french

sbart83

correction?

st205 255hp
st185 rc/cs 225hp
st185 200 hp
st165 190 hp

i believe the rc/cs came with 225 stock, 185's usdm are 200? , no

the st205 came with a catch can standard and also it has the bypass valve like the mr2's?

phate1229

soo brakes and suspension, any suggestions?
figured I'd do the whiteline kit but there don't seem to be many brake options for the 165, will the 185 ones work on the 165 and if not what do I need to change to make them

phate1229

PROGRESS CONTINUES
sending the frame out for rust repair and a roll cage building the engine with a twin scroll now,
got a new DD
1985 mr2
SSPX0568.jpg