Project Phoenix 1990 Alltrac Paint Work Starts 3-5-16!!!

Lamont

Thanks guys :D , I appreciate all the kind words. Next we moved on to black-out a few parts:

My thought here was to have the supporting brackets and hood latch hidden:

This little touch was purely my painters' idea, and it has grown on me quite a bit:

Then there was all new hardware from Toyota:

Not all the hardware was purchased new because quite a few parts have been discontinued. I encountered this on several parts along the way. One of which was the CS/RC hood vent that my painter lost in the shuffle of transporting parts. I was lucky enough to purchase the final part located in the US:

Now we moved to reassembly, and the big reveal:

Here are the Euro spec folding mirrors and the LHD glass I purchased from Great Britain:

Another part that was lost was the fuel filler door. I thought it was funny that the only one I could find was super red:

Here is the new rear hatch glass installed, this is also a discontinued part:

Here is a picture taken outside, I will post more pics once the color sanding is done:

Thanks for following Project Phoenix guys!!

nickfootball

Looks amazing, love the colour. Is it Toyota 040 white or have you gone for a different shade? Great thread, Looking forward to more updates :)

Lamont

Thanks for all the kinds words guys, it really means a lot. The color is custom, it's more of a pure white.

CorticalStack

This is absolutely stunning- to see an ST185 in such rough shape brought back to new condition brings a tear to my eye! You are a hero in my book, sir! :D

Lamont

Hey guys I know it's been forever since my last update. I still own my Alltrac and even drive in now and then. Well an opportunity came along for the family and I to relocate to NC. So as of 7-23 I will officially be a resident of the state of NC. When my painter got the news he wanted to send me off in style. Here are some pics of the progress:

Thanks for following Project Phoenix guys!!

mike325ci

Absolutely gorgeous with those wheels now and the paint!! Been a while, I wish you the best in your move!! I made the big move to Seattle from NYC about 2.5 years ago... It's been a long time since we first and last met in Maryland.

Lamont

mike325ci":2xrf6vfe said:
Absolutely gorgeous with those wheels now and the paint!! Been a while, I wish you the best in your move!! I made the big move to Seattle from NYC about 2.5 years ago... It's been a long time since we first and last met in Maryland.

Thanks Mike, it has been a long time. I still have the picture of my daughter standing next to your Lotus as my desktop background lol. Good times!!

Corey":2xrf6vfe said:
Looks fantastic.

Thanks Corey

88gt4DE

Long time no talk to man. I hope all is well with you and yours. Man its amazing how far that car has come. You never gave up !

Lamont

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately the car is running very rough. I parked it for 90mins Friday evening and when I went to start it up it's been running rough ever since. I changed the spark plugs, but it's still the same. It is almost like a misfire if I had to describe it. Any ideas would be great, and sadly all my spares are back in PA in storage :cry: