So I'm a ST185 owner now

Flyin' Bryan

So after being trac-less for about 2 years now I figured I shook off the addiction, but this thing had to come along. It's a 92 RHD thats completly stock(suprisingly). I got it on the cheap due to a toast clutch and a motivated seller. It was mint exterior wise until I screwed up loading it on the trailer, so I have a little work on the front bumper now. Not much more to say until I find a clutch and get it blown apart.

july09005.jpg

july09008.jpg
[/img]

Flyin' Bryan

So, small update. I got a little work done

Just about...
921001.jpg

...empty
922002.jpg

Why you ignorant lump of...
922016.jpg

Cause it's tradition
922013.jpg

This weekend I should get the engine/tranny split, the flywheel off to the machine shop, and a list for the 'yota store. I just might get to drive this one after all. :twisted:

xCH121Sx

why the finger?

is something better replacing it?

hope so, cause that motors gonna bite you in the ass if you put it back in. haha

Flyin' Bryan

Rick89GTS":389kk29h said:
You traitor! J/K :lol:
All joking aside, nice find. I like the round JDM foggies up front.

Hahaha. No Rick, I still have love for the '165. I have given up trying to find a clean rust-free white one. I still have that black '88 that might get rattle-canned this winter.

xCH121Sx":389kk29h said:
why the finger?

is something better replacing it?

hope so, cause that motors gonna bite you in the ass if you put it back in. haha

Well I'd like to do this again...
sellica2002.jpg

But I'll just drive this one for the winter and if I get that other '165 screwed back together, who knows what will happen.

Flyin' Bryan

DudeMan":e21lbro0 said:
Another Canadian, nice Four man.

Got any tips on pulling the engine?

Thanks. I think the only thing I do differently is lift the car up with a jack insted of the engine hoist. I use a 3 foot long piece of gluelam beam(2 2x8's would work too) and a 6x6 block on a 4ton full size floor jack. I place it right behind the sway bar mounts on the floor stiffeners. This leaves the front of the car clear to wheel the engine out. Otherwise, it's a simple but extensive job of unhooking everything attaching the engine to the car.

Flyin' Bryan

No pics, but I got the engine/tranny split tonight. It wasn't a pretty sight. The clutch lining on one side of the disk was Gone, just the rivets were sticking out. No wonder it wouldn't move :lol:

All4Traction

WHOA!!!!! WHAT THE F*CK Bryan?????

I havent been on this site for years, and all of a sudden I see this??

Hmm, I'm VERY tempted to jump back on the bandwagon??

Flyin' Bryan

I kinda forgot about this thread, oh well.

All4Traction":mdizi8f1 said:
WHOA!!!!! WHAT THE F*CK Bryan?????

I havent been on this site for years, and all of a sudden I see this??

Hmm, I'm VERY tempted to jump back on the bandwagon??

I dunno Paul, wait till some more '205's come across.

Anyway, the car is runner and a driver and FOR SALE. Guess I didn`t get to drive this one after all. :roll:

oct09006.jpg