custom rear lip yay or nay??

yay!!!
56%
nay!!!
44%

Total votes : 64

project de-ricing my celica Complete LIP/PAINT/FORGED 3/25

Postby celicast184 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:37 am

Finally starting my project thread. getting tired of the same o look, so i decided to take a different route. the bodykit scene has been gone for the longest time now and its time to jump on the CS/RC bandwagon. so far, i have collected some parts. I have complete rear bumper, under tail light piece, CS/RC bumper, middle faux carbon fiber peice, and all mounting hard ware. here are some pics.

first pulled the car into the garage... let the stripping begin...

bumper finally fitted with the top under tail light piece..
sanded down and ready to be primed and painted.

then it striked me.... what do you guys think??? i need opinions plz.... yay or nay???

and last but not least... the whole point of all this...
stay tuned... more to come....
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Last edited by celicast184 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
I <3 MY ST214
celicast184
Club Member

Postby redGT4 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:14 am

nothing more satisfying than a de-riced celica. you are a hero.

The extensions look okay. :shoots: side skirts. They look shit.
54 trim hiflowed ct26; Custom top mount;2 1/2" exhaust; Turbosmart boost controller(not fitted); Autometer CF series; Everything else stock; The Haunter of the Hills.
redGT4
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:40 pm

The rear skirt idea is not bad at all. That's more along the lines of what the aftermarket should offer.

Skirts still the suxtor though.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby saphtrac » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Front looks like sex. Sides look like ars. Rear I like the idea.
saphtrac
Club Member

Postby celicast184 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:23 pm

yeah... i hate the side skirts to hell. but im on the hunt for some 99 celica side skirts so if anyone knows anyone who has a set for cheap.. let me know. as far as the rear skirts, its either going to stay like how i had it in the pics. if not, then im thinking about cutting the middle part out and adding just the sides of the rear. kinda like the trd rear skirts for the 6th gen celicas.
I <3 MY ST214
celicast184
Club Member

Postby DudeMan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:11 am

Good job man, looks better already.

I say go with the rear skirt, its original and way less tacky then a full body kit.
DudeMan
Club Member

Postby darthripley » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:03 am

definitely headed in the right direction with taking the ugly body kit off :)

i don't mind the rear lip you have mocked up onto a stock bumper at all & i'm not really a body kit person.
it's tasteful looking & reminds me of a trd style kit if one was offered.

once you ditch the ugly side skirts that are on the car now it will really be looking a million times better.
86 RN66 Hilux 4x4 Turbo Truck "Falcon" 22RTE
87 AW11 MR2 "Super 2" 4AGZE
90 ST185 Celica AllTrac "Vadar" 3SGTE
99 SXV20 Camry "Maul" 5SFE
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby mike325ci » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:14 am

dooooooood, a zillion times better. i mean look at that beautiful CS/RC front!!! no one can argue with that! :)

i'm glad you are de-ricing it... some body kits can look good, but some are just over the top, and well, like you said, not only is it not the trend right now, but it wasn't so good looking to start with (to put it nicely)...

and oh, i like the way the rear looks with the skirt treatment! go for it!

one thing i wanna see is how our cars would look with a rear diffuser... you see them on more "common" cars now (i.e. non-exotics)-- like the Evo... i saw one on an S2000 the other day and it looked awesome... maybe that's not the right kind of look on a rally car (maybe not- the Evo has it...), but hey, i just wanna see...

yes, it will mostly be just a cosmetic piece, since i don't think it will produce proper venturi effect downforce to make a difference (unless you made the entire bottom of the car flat like on an Elise or F430, etc.)
http://www.symscape.com/blog/secrets_of_diffusers

something like this? although this doesn't look so good:

(did i go off-topic? >< sorry...)

EDIT: search is my friend: we had a discussion about it and a very good photoshop rendering of one :) http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... r+diffuser
NYC, NY, USA
Teal '92 ST185 (Current), Black '88 ST165 (Sold)
Founder, Kabiela - DIY & Enthusiast Marketplace (diybuysell.com)
mike325ci
Gold Member

Postby celicast184 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:42 am

yeah, i been following that thread also. some of those ideas are really nice. if i was to definitely just take one that was already made and just bolt it up. the only thing is that those things are so expensive...
I <3 MY ST214
celicast184
Club Member

Postby Terracar » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:47 am

Gorgeous transformation!

I think the rear lip will look good, especially with some 6gen sides. Nice work, keep us updated.

What a difference it made.

-Terracar
'92 'trac - Demon - currently in need of some reconstructive surgery.
Terracar
Established Member

Postby celicast184 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:13 am

updating you guys on the progress of debodykitting a celica. found a nice set of 6th sideskirts today
at the junkyard. i paid 24 bucks for them. the passenger side is in okay shape except it seems to be
warped in a way were it won't revert or pop back to its original shape. also, anyone have any experience
with welding plastic? i was told you could do this with a zip tie and heating up a flat head screwdriver.
anyways, the sides begins to come off. first of all, i need to find all the rivets i used when molding the
kit on.
me chipping away at the layers of bondo and paint.
almost there with the kit falling off...
and success.....
now for the other side.... the paint still looks nice.. but i need it gone..
my little bro giving a helping hand...
now with the 6th gen side mocked up to the car. i think it fits it just right.
I <3 MY ST214
celicast184
Club Member

Postby grouch » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:27 am

looking good zen ,instead of a 3 piece spoiler you should get the single piece GT trunk spoiler. also the rear skirt looks good! do it! have you decided on paint? or gonna wait a while on that?
ImageImage
grouch
Club Member

Postby mx6er2587 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:06 pm

will be watching this thread. I also picked up some 6th gen skirts a few weeks back and am still on the fence about installing them. Keep up the good work and make sure you post all the details on the 6g skirt installs (I need someone to make all the mistakes for me :P )
mx6er2587
Established Member

Postby celicast184 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:38 pm

thanks grouch, i been keeping myself busy. plus, im getting bored of the bodykit look that i've had for so long. as far as color, im still undecided. but for sure is that im not going to go with the stock colors you know like black, white, red, blue, grey, etc.. im looking at some type of a green. still undecided.

mx6er2587, will keep you posted on how im mounting the skirts. i know for sure that we need to trim off alittle bit to clear the edge of the door. as far as mounting it, im thinking about drilling holes for the clips to pop in like how it was done on the 6th gen. then, just double side tape the whole side. plus, two screws mounts them on the wheel wells. but will keep you posted on what i decide to do. yes, everyone learns from others mistakes, but this time, im taking the bullet for you guys.... lolz...
I <3 MY ST214
celicast184
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:59 pm

The car looks like it is making good progress. That is a good deal on the skirts. Those are not as low as the 205 skirts right?

What are the plans on the front lip? When you get your car done, be sure to share pics in the body kit thread?
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Next

Return to My Project