OKC Project-8/1/15-Another fun car!

toayoztan

Thanks guys!

Yeah, it'll definitely be worth it when I get it back together. I feel there's 3 "stages" with disassembly being the first. Right now, i'm only on the "2nd stage" of cleaning the parts and the chassis. I'll be posting pics of that as well tonight or tomorrow. Can't wait for the final stage of just putting everything back on to be done!

Bryan

toayoztan

Day 01

Alright, so the next day after picking up the car, I decided to clean out the interior. It was jut dirty and gross, from old age and body/prep work that was done to the outside of the car. Enjoy!

BEFORE:

Here's one of the reasons why I wanted to clean the inside. I had 3 buckets of this crap.

AFTER:

Bryan

aus jd 2703

Hey awsome thread been looking and drooling as ur buying all the parts I wanna buy. Got a question about the suspension bushings. Did u end up with any double up? I'm trying to work out what bushings I need and how many to do my whole car? did u miss Any bushings out? Also does the 4 Toyota sphericals do the whole rear or
Just one side?
Cheers keep the awsome work up

toayoztan

Smog7:

I don't really have any major plans for the interior. Pretty much I'll be putting in better front seats (the stock ones are getting torn up and just really freakin' heavy), new steering wheel (you can see in the photos the condition mine is in hah), and i'll be switching my interior lights back to stock (they were red, i'll be putting in stock colors with brighter LEDs). I plan to modify the dash for gauges, i'll be posting pics of that in progress too!

MixMaster:

I just used a rag with hot water and dishwashing soap in a bucket. After that, i used another bucket of hot water and rag to wipe up any soapy residue. Car smells better! :lol: But yeah, nothing fancy was used. I suppose you could use simple green, but i'm not too fond of having my interior smell completely of that.

aus jd 2703":2e4fh2lt said:
Hey awsome thread been looking and drooling as ur buying all the parts I wanna buy. Got a question about the suspension bushings. Did u end up with any double up? I'm trying to work out what bushings I need and how many to do my whole car? did u miss Any bushings out? Also does the 4 Toyota sphericals do the whole rear or
Just one side?
Cheers keep the awsome work up

I haven't done them yet, looking to do them tomorrow actually.

However, I'm pretty sure I didn't double up on anything nor did I miss anything. As I was taking everything apart, I was keeping mental notes in my head.

The 4 spherical bushings are what you need to get the job done for the two trailing arms in the rear (2 on each side). For me, it was those 4 bushings that were the biggest pain in the ass to get off the car and rear knuckle.

Thanks for the comments, I've got a bunch of more parts coming in that'll keep you drooling...even gets me droolin just waiting for them to ship in!

Bryan

Landon

dude that looks amazing. always so envious whenever someone gets a new paint job. looks perfect. like ripley said, the molding gone is a good deal. keep it up man. now i go wash my car.. lol

toayoztan

Landon":1hnyyzsg said:
dude that looks amazing. always so envious whenever someone gets a new paint job. looks perfect. like ripley said, the molding gone is a good deal. keep it up man. now i go wash my car.. lol

Thanks!

Yeah, like I said, I was "skeptical" on how it would look w/o the moulding, not seeing it in person, but I love it!

Bryan

toayoztan

Day 02:

Alright, on this day, I worked on cleaning the engine bay. I removed the fenders and hood, put them safely away, and started washing the engine bay with car soap+water, and finished it with some quick wax. Turned out pretty well! You might be able to tell in the pics (or not), but there's some thin spots of clear/paint here and there. It's still impressive from what it used to be, but I should have emphasized just a bit more how much i wanted this to turn out like the exterior. I also told him to leave the PS pump and tie rod holes untouched, as I opted to to put POR15 down in those lower areas. Overall, I like it. Here are some before and after pics, enjoy!

BEFORE

AFTER

ST185 - 0024005

Bryan

toayoztan

Alright, hopefully I'll be posting more pictures up this weekend. I got all the POR15 finished up on the entire undercarriage, fenderwells, engine bay area on the bottom, and inside the rear quarter panel area...I think that should about cover things!

I'm still waiting on a few parts to come in before I can get everything on my motor together...it's always the little things that puts me behind.

I guess now, I should be putting all the exterior back together...I'm still messing around with that suspension arm. I may look into some chromoly option that Simba mentioned in another thread...would be nice!

Bryan

toayoztan

Day 03:

Here are the pictures of the front fender wells and lower part of the engine bay and rad support with POR15 slapped on. Again, there are some before and after pics. The before pics show the areas all cleaned up and ready to go. I'm pretty satisfied with it...and yes, this stuff won't come off your skin!

BEFORE

AFTER

View showng POR15 under the rad support.

Also coated the inside of the bumper-chassis mount.

Here's a little preview of the rest of the undercarriage that I had to clean off (pics of that to come this weekend). That tunnel is pretty gross...

Bryan