MixMaster - Now 3rd gen EFI powered!

Talk about your project car here

Re: MixMaster - Beast or Burden? project

Postby Nitro_Alltrac » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:25 pm

Hey Paul! I had missed your project thread earlier. The car looks great! You got a lot of great parts in the deal.

The RC bumper, in my opinion, just put the 5 gens over the top. It really changes the look of the car. I think you'll be happy with it.

As for the hood, I like both of them. The standard scoop looks really good on the cars. The RC looks good as well and has the advantage of getting more heat out of the engine compartment. The only disadvantage that I see is that if leaves your business open to everyone. That shouldn't be an issue but I always think about all of the damn hoodlums out there.

Great work! Keep us updated.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Mike

92 All Trac - Daily Driver

Nitro_Alltrac
Gold Member

Postby MixMaster » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:17 pm

Hey Terracar here are some pics I found of the car from the side so you can see the non moldings.
I need to photoshop these wheels in white and bronze to see what they would look like compared to the chronos. I also need to tint the windows, lol.

Thanks Mike, On the hood I'm still undecided it. It has the thermal blanket on the underside and all the stickers. I think the blanket is on it's way out though. Good point on the hoodlums. Just need to make some decisions and find more time!

Terracar wrote:I love the look of the car man. I am in the same boat as you - I cannot decide if I like the hood or not. I personally thing the scoop hood matches the lines of the RC bumper better, but the scoop hood holds way too much heat in.

Glad to see the Evo intercooler fits nicely with the stock USDM bumper - I assume you kept the support in with it. Could you get more side shots of the car? I would like to remove the moldings on mine off since they are rotting/marred beyond belief.

Keep up the nice work. It is an inspiration.

-Terracar
Attachments
rightside.jpg
leftside.jpg
'93 All-Trac Red- JDM swapped
'06 BMW 325i
'08 Chevy Tahoe
MixMaster
Club Member

Postby Nitro_Alltrac » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Looks really good! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.
Mike

Nitro_Alltrac
Gold Member

Postby MixMaster » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:16 pm

I think I'm going to post up both sets of wheels and my RC hood for sale.
Then take the $ from which ever sells first to paint the bumper, get my maintenance work done and finish the gen 3 efi/cam/injector swap.

I want to have the car finished out and done for the meet in October and have no time to do the work myself.
'06 BMW 325i
'08 Chevy Tahoe
MixMaster
Club Member

Postby Droptop93 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:44 am

Ill take the hood......(probably can't afford it not)

Good lookin car mang! I say do the full rc front end.
Droptop93
Club Member

Postby MixMaster » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:38 am

Car is at EMS Powered's new shop here in Austin.
They're doing the entire H20 pump, tstat, t-belt, idlers, HFHx2 and a few other seals.
I also had them put in my 3rd gen EFI parts, the 3rd gen cams, and 540cc injectors (all done and ready to go).
Went ahead and had the Valve cover Pcoated black.
Lastly, they're going to fab up some braces, a new intake, new catch can and coolant reservoir and help me clean the bay up a bit more. More than likely clocking the turbo and welding up my IC pipes as well.
Car should be done in another week I'm guessing.
They've got a great setup, I keep dropping by to bring more stuff for them to do and they're hammering away.
I snapped a pic after they pulled the turbo and manifold without removing the radiator, replaced the HFH's and started on the water pump. More photos when it's done.
Attachments
work-turbooff.jpg
waterpump-tstat.jpg
vcover-coated.jpg
'06 BMW 325i
'08 Chevy Tahoe
MixMaster
Club Member

Postby smog7 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:55 pm

really nice looking car! love the clean shaven look of the rear. Really like the compomotives too.
-omar
my car doesn't leak oil, it just marks its territory
rally tarmac 1990 st185
smog7
GTFour God

Re: MixMaster - Now 3rd gen EFI powered!

Postby MixMaster » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:21 pm

Got my car back last week. Can not stress how happy I am with the work and turnaround EMS Powered did for me. They've opened a new shop here in town and I was first to get my car in there and try them out. Worked out perfectly, seeing how I was being lazy and had no time.
Full Tbelt/H20 pump/seals, HFH service, new cams, injectors, Custom Welding: catch can, intake, reservoirs, brackets, FMIC piping/ clocked turbo, 3rd gen EFI installed (MR2 ECU, IAC valve vented with filter, IAT sensor in intake, BERK MAT @ CS injector, BERK Harness, 540cc injectors, 3rd gen MAP, ignitor and cams).
These guys went above and beyond-including fresh compression test #s, engine bay condensing, Powder coated valve cover, etc, etc..
Compression tested at 167 across the board!!!

I know some people bag on the 3rd gen EFI conversion but with the cams the car really runs like a brand new car. I could not be happier. I know people also complein about the car falling flat over 5k RPMs, I don't feel that and it's very rare I spend much time over 5k rpms anyway. The ct20b shows to be hitting 17psi and holding all the way to about 6k+ which is still much later than where I normally shift.

Now I just need some paint on the RC bumper and hood (if I keep it)....

Before:

After

'06 BMW 325i
'08 Chevy Tahoe
MixMaster
Club Member

Postby darthripley » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:21 pm

They did a nice job cleaning everything up.
I bet it feels nice with the 3rd gen EFI installed & the engine bay looks great with the AFM gone.
Maybe we can get together in the spring - just got too much going on here to even think about any kind of trip. getting sick really messed up a lot of things!
86 RN66 Hilux 4x4 Turbo Truck "Falcon" 22RTE
87 AW11 MR2 "Super 2" 4AGZE
90 ST185 Celica AllTrac "Vadar" 3SGTE
99 SXV20 Camry "Maul" 5SFE
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby Meurz » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:38 pm

I've always loved this car, it makes me want to keep mine red! Simply clean. :notworthy:
Turbocelica.nl
Meurz
Established Member

Postby Nitro_Alltrac » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:20 pm

They did a really impressive job. I'm going to have to head up to Austin and check them out.
Mike

Nitro_Alltrac
Gold Member

Postby MixMaster » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks ripley, I completely understand. It's always crazy here also. The TX meet will happen one day... The car really does feel completely different. I'm going to borrow you guy's paint the belt cover next.

Meurz, that means a lot coming from you. Your car and work is top 5 all-time and one of my favorites.
Please tell me your not painting that CS. Keep red alive lol

Mike, yeah they did a great job. I would take it there for anything and the rates are very reasonable.
I'l text you and see if I can't sneak down for lunch tomorrow. For sure next week, my boss is out of town..lol
'06 BMW 325i
'08 Chevy Tahoe
MixMaster
Club Member

Postby toayoztan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:43 am

Hey, car is looking good. I really like the no side moulding look also, and that's what I went with on my car with the body/paint guy.

Bryan
2017 Pilot Elite
2014 Juke NISMO RS
1994 Supra TT 6spd
1993 Alltrac - http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37466
1977 Celica GT Liftback
2015 Grom
1977 GL1000
toayoztan
GTFour God

1993 Toyota Celica

Postby MixMaster » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:40 am

That's sick Bryan, I'll be watching for your pics. I really like the no side mouldings also.
Next time you're in TX yell and we can try for another meet up.
'06 BMW 325i
'08 Chevy Tahoe
MixMaster
Club Member

Postby Meurz » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:23 pm

I'm going to paint mine anyway as it has faded badly (already faded when I bought it!).
It's getting a huge make over into street legal track day monster, so might not be so clean anymore.. :roll:

But red or white, that's the question.. Track/rally style car = white, but red is awesome. :P
Turbocelica.nl
Meurz
Established Member

PreviousNext

Return to My Project