Project-Heartbreaker 215/205 mash up

soarer.jzz30

Currently converted to 5x114.3 to run big brakes front and soon to be rear as well using Porsche 911 rear brembo calipers and willwood rotor hats. Rx300 awd rear hub and rotor for the conversion. Fwd rav4 front hub and is350 front rotor @ 13.2" and the Stop tech st40 calipers 34/40 piston size fits snug in my 17's. Raised it up 2 inches and have to run spacers in front to clear calipers until I find some legit used 5x114.3 wheels.

I've been super busy with the car and don't post much, this doesn't even begin to touch what I've been up to but I will try and keep the updates from now on.

It now has a full function flip key fob one way alarm with an electronic hatch release and a button for it inside. 2 stage shock sensor, anti car jacking, glass breakage sensor, anti tow.

I have new poly bushings in the lca's and the bc coil overs be type and very happy with 1.8 degrees of camber and around a 2 inch drop. I ordered 10/8kg spring rates and keep it around half way stiffness for the valves.

I added an external amp in the spare well to power 6.5 subs in the oem rear boxes, using an in line signal adapter so it turns up and down with the stereo like normal and fades left to right accordingly. The oem system 10 sounds as good as it can get now and still looks oem without worry of people stealing the system.

I am currently swapping to another 2p5 engine as I blew up lots of things on the first one and found a great deal on one local for 1700 which came with the blitz k1-380v turbo and an apexi power fc ecu and commander, I plan to add a datalogit and possibly buy the software to unlock it's full potential.

The shifter assembly is a 93 base modified greatly to reduce throw, I cut the top nearly 3 inches and rethreaded it, I have the 7th gen gets shift boot. A polished aluminum boot retainer/stopper but from eBay and a brushed stainless steel 3 inch extension also from eBay, the shift ball itself is from a company called twisted shifterz. It is a brushed stainless steel ball with the gears engraved deeply on top and weighs 1.5lb. It makes it easy to shift with the shortened throw. I installed Luke's spherical shifter bushings from xiii motorsports and the ss clutch line with dot5 fluid for an amazing shifting experience.

The steering wheel is from a jdm Levin, the cruise switch is from an is300 with the oem resistors installed for it to work properly. The boost gauge is on the steering column and is a defi 60mm, I fitted a universal pod to it using jb weld, fiberglass and body filler. Painted with duplicolor trim paint and satin clear to match the black wheel and center trim.

I modified a 1st Gen ls400 push button dimming mirror to fit our car and works flawlessly. I also make 4 different versions which I will post in the for sale section soon.

I have the door skins and drivers seat skin ready for instalation competing the leather conversion. Oh and I used a 7th gen celica ebrake cover and polished knob, plus converted to ls400 polished metal door handles. And then the polished gauge bezel rings to tie it all together.

As for the gauge pod, it is an 04 sti pod 60mm. Oil pressure and temp, wide band sweeping needle. All matching and be installed after the new engine is in as I'm adding the wiring to the next revision of the harness, while converting to the st205 fuse block.

I found a nice air box I'm going to use from the v6 Honda Accord lx which will keep the car quiet on boost, along with making the blitz dual drive bov recirculate instead of atmospheric. I'd like to keep the car quiet instead of loud.

Aeromotive stealth 340lph pump is have to install after the engine goes in to replace the warlboro 275 that's in it now.

I ordered a 1990 keep commanche radiator to be modified to use as a heat exchanger for the wta, along with the meizier 1200gph racing water pump. All new hoses from the local all hose shop and ss clamps. I am going to go ahead and use the push/pull fans because it looks awesome why not, I have pics of the installation and will post soon. Everything fit really really well and just needs some wiring work.

I have a digital egt gauge coming in to also help with future tuning.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but there is more and more pictures and posts to come. I just had my second child last week so making progress means not sleeping much and I work on it while they sleep.
Thanks for following!

soarer.jzz30

Yessir Utah I do.
I need to get on my pc and change it cause Tapatalk won't let me from mobile.

Huge updates happened since the last post and lots more to come.
Leather conversion is now done 100 percent and looks wonderful.

Rc bumper is paid for and on the way, so I'll have to adapt the lip diffuser to it.
I've got the body kit down pact and even made a lip for a swapped gts with alltrac bumper, which I'll have pics up soon for

Gen4 swap has been purchased and lots of gen3 stuff is going on it including a huge upgraded ct20xb, gen3 manifold and my 3 inch dp and fitting the wta setup somehow
Full stage one head build is planned for it along with a 2.1 stroker before the install.

Full 3 inch exhaust is now on with a chambered muffler and a glass pack for a resonator and is super silent cruising.

Rear big brakes are coming along now nicely
Porsche 996 steel disc rear 4 pot calipers and a custom 2 piece rotor and rx300 hat.

I have successfully converted to 5x114.3 all around with no spacers rolling on the Volk gt-c 2 piece, 18x10 +12 265/35 all round on Chinese triangle tires for temp until it's road ready again.

Found a nice flat red oem hood at the yard and raised it in the rear for airflow purposes with plans for the carbon fiber hood wing to go on if I ever find one.

Sti 60mm gauge pod is going on the dash with oil temp /pressure and wideband happening, egt as well in the steering column area.

Giving it around 6 months before the engine and rear bbk are installed and the cars back up with the rc bumper.

Pics will come this evening after pb upload is dumped.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

soarer.jzz30

355mm 2 piece lexus oem rotors from the gs350 rwd f sport

205 wta adapted to 215

215 harness adapted

Pcv can, iacv and air temp sensor all going to the volvo box.

I also signed up for Toyotafest 2017 and got this awesome carbon hood wing.

GT4times2

soarer.jzz30":3qhd02ws said:
Hey zalus, the hubs are both from first gen cars.
RX300 awd rear hubs and fwd camry v6 hubs. Everything presses in like oem!

Hi,

Just curious. What year Camry V6 hubs? What's the stock offset once they're in? I may go that route for the ST185. Thinking....

soarer.jzz30

GT4times2":2zxjreuo said:
soarer.jzz30":2zxjreuo said:
Hey zalus, the hubs are both from first gen cars.
RX300 awd rear hubs and fwd camry v6 hubs. Everything presses in like oem!

Hi,

Just curious. What year Camry V6 hubs? What's the stock offset once they're in? I may go that route for the ST185. Thinking....
Everything is identical except for the hub size goes to 60.1 and pattern to 5x114.3

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

soarer.jzz30

The 215 engine with almost everything 205 slapped on it.
Water neck, wta system, resin impeller water pump, exhaust manifold, ct20xb turbo, St185 modified downpipe, a/c pump, pws pump. Plus a 2zz throttle body

Tecker185

Tell me more about the 2zz throttle body. I know they share the same tps. How does the idle air control work. Plug and play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soarer.jzz30

It requires some fitness and hole filling.
But the tps and iacv are the same plugs.
You don't have to, but should work the manifold to fit the new size to take advantage of it.
Its an internal idle system so it's quieter on cold starts

Damn, that engine bay looks great! Is that an egt sensor coming from your heat shield?
Does the car feel better running the st205 parts on the st215 motor?