LIttleMissAllTrac's ST185 (1992)

I am thinking about dying my seats black. It's too expensive to get them upholstered, I was quoted 800. Have not seen anyone on the forums try it. I may test it out on my rear seats first, they are cloth. The dye I use is used with cold water and air dried so there is no shrinking. I have had lots of luck with the product previously.

toayoztan

Did you dye your carpet? I'm thinking of doing my carpet black, but I'm unsure how it'll honestly turn out? I want it to look legit, and not for someone to look at it and say "Oh, did you dye that?"

Bryan

No, my carpet was rotted, so I bought a black rhd for now until I can find proper lhd one. Sammy wants to buy my rhd one, so I am on the hunt now. I don't want it to look like a dye job either, I may have to dye it more than once. I saw on celicatech that someone bought black carpet and with cutting an extra couple holes, it fit pretty damn good. I may check that company out.

Still no work on the car due to freakin rain! It's supposed to be dry this next week, keep your fingers crossed the ground dries up. I have found a guy with that body mount I need! He is over seas and is giving me a call tomorrow!!! I really hope I can just get the damn part because things will just be smoother and cheaper for me.

FWD-3SGTE

Hey miss, I just got done browsing your project. I've always liked white alltracs so I envy that. I wish I had started out with an alltrac after all of the similar work I've done on my 184, almost everything got replaced and then I had to suck it up and have a pro do my body work and paint, ouch was that expensive! :cry:

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and I hope you the best with your project. I will stay tuned :)

Hey! Thanks. It does get hella expensive, but it will be worth it in the long run. I just can't wait until I can drive her and start doing performance mods!!

So my body shop guy ripped me off and refuses to finish.the work on my car. I may have a law suit on my hands. I am thinking about parting out my entire shell with all the new parts I bought, I just don't have the funds to finish the shitty work he did to ruin my car even more. I am so up set.

Well I had to buy a mini van today for $500 so that i could have SOME money left over to finish my car, but that is not happening! (my other DD's tranny went today)
I was getting a discounted rate, i mean at this point i just need a couple of small body panels made and put on and that rear sub frame mount. I think its going to coast a lot of money that I don't have. I would also need to find a place to store her :'(. If I keep her, its going to take a couple years to get her all done and if that is going to happen then I might as well just rip out the motor too..

I just needed a new car, my DD was not cutting it, there was something wrong with her everyday.

Now i own a party van LOL!
We will see how it goes, I just wish I didn't get messed over!

toayoztan

Do you have a work order for what was agreed to get done and how much to be paid? That'll be a good starting place to get things moving along legally.

Let us know how it goes...don't worry about taking a couple years, a handful of us the owners here have taken well over 5+ years and still not running or just got it running hah.

Bryan

jonnyboygt4

thats too bad to hear...hopefully you have some sort of paper trail....but in the end you could always do some research and learn how to do your own body work then just get a shop to do the finishing touches to it... :shrug: alot cheaper and gives you the gratification of doing the work yourself...

88gt4DE

too many people out there ripping people off , judgement day is coming ... in like 4 hrs ... :lol: Still road worty lil miss ?

DudeMan

I wish I could help.

I would both give you a place to park it and finish the bodywork but Maine is a bit far from my neck of the woods..

Either way I hope it works out for you. And speaking from personal experience, do whatever you can to keep it and stick with it.

I gave up on my Four at one point and looking back it was one of the worst decisions I ever made.

I've kept my own paper trail with the date and amount I have paid. He refuses to give me any paper work... I'm just screwed at this point. I would love to do the body work myself I just don't have a place to do it. I will try to figure out a way to keep my pride and joy, I have spent far too much to let it end now. I dont care if it takes me years to finish. All the body work he did do went down the drain because she was left outside too long and she got a little rustier unfortunately. I have also picked up a second job to help out. I have even thought about renting a storage unit and purchasing my own MIG welder and even just buying rockers from Toyota to make it easier. We will see how this goes..

toayoztan

I don't think rocker panels are available from Toyota anymore...I haven't been able to find any last summer anyway.

Bryan

jonnyboygt4

littlemissalltrac":1yndsazb said:
I've kept my own paper trail with the date and amount I have paid. He refuses to give me any paper work... I'm just screwed at this point. I would love to do the body work myself I just don't have a place to do it. I will try to figure out a way to keep my pride and joy, I have spent far too much to let it end now. I dont care if it takes me years to finish. All the body work he did do went down the drain because she was left outside too long and she got a little rustier unfortunately. I have also picked up a second job to help out. I have even thought about renting a storage unit and purchasing my own MIG welder and even just buying rockers from Toyota to make it easier. We will see how this goes..

even a simple quality car cover will do...or one of those outdoor car port tarped structures...lol whatever there called...at least it'll get the car out of the elements...you know you could always bring the guy to judge judy! she'll nail him haha

WarTowels

Sorry to hear about your troubles. =(

Stick with it. Is there anything I can do to help?
(Want to buy my shell? :p )

-Greg

WarTowels":1j1lgjkv said:
Sorry to hear about your troubles. =(

Stick with it. Is there anything I can do to help?
(Want to buy my shell? :p )

-Greg

Seriously? haha did you find a new one?! I found a 1991 MR2 in REALLY NICE condition right in town, guy blew the motor and couldnt pay the tow fee's so it got impounded and he only wants $650 which pays for everything. i was debating on a motor swap but even that would take too long maybe? I would need to spend more money. I looked up a how to, my major concern is the wiring harness. There is also a VERY nice 88 AT in NH for $5000 but i can't afford that with out taking out a loan and the other guy that i offered $2500 for his 91 still has his for sale, thought about giving him a call to see tell him my offer is still there and using the white one as a parts car. So many options. I would get a car cover or "tarp garage" but I live with my boyfriend and his parents don't want it in their yard. I finally have a day off so I'm going to shop around for a cheap storage unit around town because i get free towing again starting tomorrow. I just need to get it out of his yard because I'm afraid he'll do something to my car. I definitely won't be paying him another penny until i get documents and recipts and I'm on a hunt for a lawyer so i can take him to small claims court and get my $5k back because there is no way in absolute hell that work cost that much. This is such a disaster, but sh*t happens, things will work out one way or another. My mini van is working out great so far, i'll be able to save up a lot more money this way. Thanks for all the kind words and support! Towels, I'll be Pming you!

Wicked Toys

Truly sorry to hear the troubles you've been dealing with. If I lived closer, would easily have some storage space for you. Hope for things to improve.

-Kevin