ATX CS.

Talk about your project car here

Re: ATX CS.

Postby GT4times2 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:51 am

smog7 wrote:Looking forward to the Gen 4 build. How do you go about doing your krinkle finish?

You can get it powder coated like that, afaik.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE (The Daily Pacifier)
05 Toyota Avalon XLS
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:48 pm

I have a buddy here in Austin that is the powder coater for BoostLogic. He does all my powder and ceramic work.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:23 am

Little bit of an update. Shes very close, It may not be the fastest when done but Im finding that less and less important, am I getting old!? I plan to track the car at CotA a LOT more as well as some long road trips. The main trip Im shooting for is Touge Fest. Based in NC at Tail of the Dragon in November. 17 hours one way split over about a week and a half with my fiance in the car is my form of bliss. Made a little headway tonight, have to pick up the flywheel and trans from service and perform more assembly. Then it will be onto getting it into the car. Not afraid though, been through it many times on mine as well as many others; more to come.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby FC Zach » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:47 am

Looks great, I really like the wrinkled red paint.
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
FC Zach
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby GT4times2 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:30 am

CSAlltrac wrote:Little bit of an update. Shes very close, It may not be the fastest when done but Im finding that less and less important, am I getting old!? I plan to track the car at CotA a LOT more as well as some long road trips. The main trip Im shooting for is Touge Fest. Based in NC at Tail of the Dragon in November. 17 hours one way split over about a week and a half with my fiance in the car is my form of bliss. Made a little headway tonight, have to pick up the flywheel and trans from service and perform more assembly. Then it will be onto getting it into the car. Not afraid though, been through it many times on mine as well as many others; more to come.

Looking great!! Clean as expected.

Are you getting old? I ask myself that question every time I turn wrenches and look at how my goals have changed for these Alltracs (not counting physical activities with my kids :oops: ). It's maturity and sensibility kicking in. You'll see how many more guys who are tired of constantly fixing their cars, will go 3rd and 4th Gen simple BPU++ swaps.

Are you talking about November next year for your trip?

Quick question about the harness. Did Doug do it for you that way, or did you do it yourself before plugging things together? I want to take mine out and go the same route (run braided sleeving all over with shrink wrapped or taped ends). I should have done it before putting the engine in. I want mine to look cleaner/neater than the way it is now. I will do that over the Christmas break.
Frantz
05 Toyota Avalon XLS
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
GT4times2
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:50 pm

GT4times2 wrote:
CSAlltrac wrote:Little bit of an update. Shes very close, It may not be the fastest when done but Im finding that less and less important, am I getting old!? I plan to track the car at CotA a LOT more as well as some long road trips. The main trip Im shooting for is Touge Fest. Based in NC at Tail of the Dragon in November. 17 hours one way split over about a week and a half with my fiance in the car is my form of bliss. Made a little headway tonight, have to pick up the flywheel and trans from service and perform more assembly. Then it will be onto getting it into the car. Not afraid though, been through it many times on mine as well as many others; more to come.

Looking great!! Clean as expected.
Thank you sir, Im quite happy how its all coming together.
Are you getting old? I ask myself that question every time I turn wrenches and look at how my goals have changed for these Alltracs (not counting physical activities with my kids :oops: ). It's maturity and sensibility kicking in. You'll see how many more guys who are tired of constantly fixing their cars, will go 3rd and 4th Gen simple BPU++ swaps.
A reliable 250-280 sounds perfect to me, and with the Gen4 is more than doable.
Are you talking about November next year for your trip?
Yes, the meet is usually a weekend so I plan on leaving on a Tuesday night. This should put us into NC by the weekend easily. We plan on stopping off and seeing a lot of places and just enjoying the trip. Same thing on the way back.
Quick question about the harness. Did Doug do it for you that way, or did you do it yourself before plugging things together? I want to take mine out and go the same route (run braided sleeving all over with shrink wrapped or taped ends). I should have done it before putting the engine in. I want mine to look cleaner/neater than the way it is now. I will do that over the Christmas break.
I did add a few things but not much. Doug does a very good job.
Last edited by CSAlltrac on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby 3SDNA » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Damn, that harness looks way cleaner than the one Doug sent me! He must like you more. :D
3SDNA
Club Member

Postby GT4times2 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:33 pm

3SDNA wrote:Damn, that harness looks way cleaner than the one Doug sent me! He must like you more. :D

That's what I thought initially. Doug does great work. Very stock/factory look. Can't complain about his work, but this is much nicer and neater. The look I want.
Frantz
05 Toyota Avalon XLS
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
GT4times2
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:50 pm

:D
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby GT4_DRED » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Looking good!
'00 SC300 - "The long way home" daily driver
'88 ST165 - project "Rahtid"
'88 ST165 - Project "Supah Cyat"
'91 MR2
'93 Corrado SLC - "Purple Haze"
GT4_DRED
Club Member

Postby Mr Alltrac » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:13 pm

Why did you not clock your turbo? Your gonna run a fmic anyways. Why not shorten your hot side pipe? Or with it being casted to the manifold can you not spin them?

Looks super clean!
Mr Alltrac
Club Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:21 pm

Mr Alltrac wrote:Why did you not clock your turbo? Your gonna run a fmic anyways. Why not shorten your hot side pipe? Or with it being casted to the manifold can you not spin them?

Looks super clean!

You can clock them but just as with any Toyota turbo you have to make a WG/waterpipe bracket. Aint nobody got time for that!
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby Mr Alltrac » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:51 pm

Oh ok. Would the brackets from a ct20 work? Klue made some, do you think they would fit or no?

Asking cause I'm leaning more toward the 4th gen swap everyday haha.
Mr Alltrac
Club Member

Postby 760gt4 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:11 am

I say you take the time to make a bracket to clock the turbo. Makes it look so much better without all the extra piping in my opinion.
uploadfromtaptalk1450318282767.jpg
760gt4
Club Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:14 am

Maybe someday. :shrug:
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

PreviousNext

Return to My Project