ATX CS.

Talk about your project car here

Re: ATX CS.

Postby CSAlltrac » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:26 pm

msanders2 wrote:I want to see the finished product already!

That makes two of us my friend. May be longer than expected now as well, had some life issues come up that need addressing first. Car will most likely go on hold for a bit. Till then, here is my current state.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby msanders2 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:06 pm

Even not complete the car still looks amazing.
msanders2
Club Member

Postby Toyota_Todd » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:27 pm

I believe this needs to be updated???
Todd Longenbaugh aka Toyota_Todd
1992 Celica All-Trac Turbo "Seeing Red"
1992 Celica GT-Four RC Conv. "Fatal Alltraction"
2001 Avalon XLS "the wifes family truckster"
1971 Pontiac Ventura II "The token domentic"
Toyota_Todd
Club Member

Postby Mr Alltrac » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:54 am

Well hopefully everything is alright, and life doesn't take too long haha.

Car looks great so far. Can't wait for updates. If you ever need a hand let me know, I'm always looking for a reason to get out of lubbock.
Mr Alltrac
Club Member

Postby GT4times2 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:30 am

Loving the progress and details. Very nice!! Take care of business, the car will be waiting. So will we. (Hope all is well).
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE (The Daily Pacifier)
05 Toyota Avalon XLS
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:23 pm

Thank you for the well wishes friends, I do have some small stuff that will trickle in. Parts that were already ordered and on their way. I may be able to start it up soon, Ill be sure to provide updates when I have them.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 pm

Update as I said I would, I am now at a complete halt with the car until I order more goods. Things left to do are; fill and bleed clutch, replace all brake lines and replace all fluid, Install new CV grease in front axles and install axles themselves. Fill coolant, Install catch can, Install Tach. adpter, Install new O2 sensor, install AEM boost controller, replace front lower ball joints, fill transmission fluid, fill PS fluid. Then it will finally be time to dial everything in, clear any codes, and address all the tiny things that pop up when first back on the road.
I am extremely pleased with how it started, fired right up with zero isses other than a high idle. Im hoping it will be flawless once I have all the piping and electronics in place. The engine is also 10X more responsive than the Gen2, I can already tell with just the few start ups I have done.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:46 pm

Bay is about wrapped up. I need to redo the upper radiator hose to come up with an intake solution, shouldn't be to bad. I also will end up making a bracket for my fuel filter to mount it right on the side of the head, not happy with where it is anymore. I will try to order items whenever possible, everything I need is small bust costly.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Beyond sourcing the engine how much more did this swap end up costing for odds and ends? When I did the 205 swap I would had saved money had I bought a clip.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby CSAlltrac » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:55 pm

CMS-GT4 wrote:Beyond sourcing the engine how much more did this swap end up costing for odds and ends? When I did the 205 swap I would had saved money had I bought a clip.

All said and done Ill be under $5K, take the engine/ECU cost from that -$1100. Thats also including things that are not "needed" for a running car as well as some suspension components and transmission service. Gen4 is MUCH more affordable than Gen3, the only downfall are the weaker rods, something easily addressed if goals are more than 300AWHP. I plan to pick up a second Gen4 and perform a hone, forged pistons, rods, and nothing else other than the associated gaskets and clean up. This should gain high(er) boost capabilities and put me in the 350 range. When I say high boost I mean 20lbs or so.
One could do a Gen4 swap for around $2K if the know how is there and some shopping around was done for the engine. This is assuming the subject car has a good trans and engine to get needed mounts, brackets, etc...Ive seen Gen4s for as low as $800
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby Locker » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:36 pm

other than the obvious tune up parts. What additional parts did you have to buy to complete the swap.

Also its a great time to buy a second engine from Canada...I am going to spend more getting my harness built by Doug than I spent buying my motor thanks to our weak dollar. lol
90 ST185
Locker
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Thanks for the info. I have kicked around the idea of grabbing a 2nd 205 engine or a 4th gen to build up at my leisure. I don't want to do so much that I have to go stand alone. I would say My 205 swap put me another few $k to get done since I had to track down some sensors, intercooler, etc... Plus having had bought a whole clip I would had known where all the wires and hoses were. I spent some time on the phone with people in the UK, and had to even go see a 205 myself to get all my notes together to hook it all up right. The 205 bgb isn't as good as the 185 one. Speaking of which, is there is a caldina bgb floating around online?
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby CSAlltrac » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Locker wrote:other than the obvious tune up parts. What additional parts did you have to buy to complete the swap.

Also its a great time to buy a second engine from Canada...I am going to spend more getting my harness built by Doug than I spent buying my motor thanks to our weak dollar. lol

Anyone doing the swap will need a Downpipe for the CT15 unless going 20B. A tach adapter is also needed, yes you can modify the stock cluster with a 5 cent resistor to make it work but the labor you save with a MSD box is worth it alone; Doug also leaves the three wires exposed making the install super easy. Really there isn't anything special needed once you have a converted harness.
CMS-GT4 wrote:Thanks for the info. I have kicked around the idea of grabbing a 2nd 205 engine or a 4th gen to build up at my leisure. I don't want to do so much that I have to go stand alone. I would say My 205 swap put me another few $k to get done since I had to track down some sensors, intercooler, etc... Plus having had bought a whole clip I would had known where all the wires and hoses were. I spent some time on the phone with people in the UK, and had to even go see a 205 myself to get all my notes together to hook it all up right. The 205 bgb isn't as good as the 185 one. Speaking of which, is there is a caldina bgb floating around online?

Prime MR2 sells maintenance info, its out there for free. Just have to search.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby Locker » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:59 am

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
90 ST185
Locker
Club Member

Postby GT4times2 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:44 am

CSAlltrac wrote:
Locker wrote:other than the obvious tune up parts. What additional parts did you have to buy to complete the swap.

Anyone doing the swap will need a Downpipe for the CT15 unless going 20B. A tach adapter is also needed, yes you can modify the stock cluster with a 5 cent resistor to make it work but the labor you save with a MSD box is worth it alone; Doug also leaves the three wires exposed making the install super easy. Really there isn't anything special needed once you have a converted harness.

Although going MSD is the way to go, any info on the resistor? I'm just curious.

CMS-GT4 wrote:Thanks for the info. I have kicked around the idea of grabbing a 2nd 205 engine or a 4th gen to build up at my leisure. I don't want to do so much that I have to go stand alone. I would say My 205 swap put me another few $k to get done since I had to track down some sensors, intercooler, etc... Plus having had bought a whole clip I would had known where all the wires and hoses were. I spent some time on the phone with people in the UK, and had to even go see a 205 myself to get all my notes together to hook it all up right. The 205 bgb isn't as good as the 185 one. Speaking of which, is there is a caldina bgb floating around online?

Prime MR2 sells maintenance info, its out there for free. Just have to search.

Although going MSD is the way to go, any info on the resistor? I'm just curious.

Here are links:

http://www.primemr2.com/store/c16/GEN4_ ... Parts.html

http://www.primemr2.com/store/p47/Elect ... 3SGTE.html
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE (The Daily Pacifier)
05 Toyota Avalon XLS
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member

PreviousNext

Return to My Project