Project "Get it Running st165"

Will01

Thread title is self explanatory.

I haven't posted on this site because of medical and money issues interfering with getting my Alltrac running then, but now I have more funds and time to work with. I am still a VERY amateur mechanic so any help anyone can give will be much appreciated, I really just want to get this car started again if possible.

The symptoms of the initial breakdown were:

• started as normal, drove to a location a few miles away with no problems
    sat for about a hour,started back up fine
    on a straight lane in about a block I lost all register on my boost gauge, engine continued running
    came to a stop at the end of the lane, put it in neutral and the engine died
    it continued to crank but would not start, it was pushed into my garage and has sat there since

I checked the ECU codes and didn't see any warnings. (will check again soon)

I know that the car was getting air and spark, both checked and were either good or were replaced.

The turbo has no shaft play, and seemed to be functioning fine.

I checked the timing after the initial breakdown and it seemed to be good. (will check again soon)

The only other thing I can think of is somehow fuel isn't getting into the engine is there any way I can test this without dropping the tank to inspect the pump? If this ends up being the problem is their a reliable place to pick up a fuel pump for this car?

Also In my efforts to check the timing I ending up removing the bracket which supports the tensioner pulley for the sypertine belt and stripped the head. Although I've managed to get it loose enough to turn, there is a slight amount of play in the screw, which means there is a slight amount of play in the pulley wheel. This concerns me a bit because when the car is running again, although unlikely the pulley could move side to side and possible come off or weaken the belt over time. Is there another car I can source this part form or is there anyone here who may have a space from a parts car?

download1i.jpg

download2gb.jpg

downloaden.jpg

Thats about it for now, Ill update this thread once things start moving on this car and maybe more going from there.

88gt4DE

Fuel pressure tests can be done at top of fuel filter .... I borrowed a tester that you take the top bolt out of filter and add the gauge and hose with extra bango in. The " tester " bolt is like a double bolt with 2 holes to support the tester .... best and only way really , even dropping the tank you can really check pressure looking at the fuel pump in the tank on the ground ....