1988 Alltrac st165 leaking coolant head gasket?

Anoo21

Thanks, it was on my to do list since I purchased the car in 2011. :lol: Now I can shift or downshift without hearing and feeling a huge clunk in the rear of my car.

Anoo21

I will let the pictures do the talking but did the clutch and some other things while the engine was out. Took about 15 hours total over a course of a few days ( had to work) Was not as bad as I thought. I did a lot of reading the past year to get ready for this haha.

Some parts and gaskets

Dropped the engine/trans

During

Out

Old clutch :/

Back on the road rolling with ted

Anoo21

Awesome-Trac":1ibgehxx said:
How long did it take you to do the whole thing?
3 days about 5 hours a day, total 15 hours. Could have gone faster but I wanted to do everything right so i took things at a steady pace.

Day 1 disconnect everything and drop the engine/trans out
Day 2 Disassemble the engine and trans and do the clutch and clean and gaskets
Day 3 Put the engine back and finalize everything

Anoo21

Awesome-Trac":zw7nau5f said:
Man as much as I want to attempt this kind of job again I know I'll end up taking months just to remove the trans
Honestly it took almost 2 years for me to finally do the job. The car was running just slipped under boost and after a while I really want to boost again.

Anoo21

Well sad day, found a major coolant leak coming from the timing belt side so i am guessing it is the water pump. On top of that, hearing a loud tick coming from the head by cyl. 1. :cry: Still haven't fixed the oil leak either which I am pretty sure is from the oil cooler and oil filter bracket now. Car is sitting and I am really contemplating a 3rd gen swap, what do you guys think?

88gt4DE

Didn't you just have motor out ? I'd investigate first ... water pump and front seals isn't a reason to give up quite yet ... Get that valve cover off and check out that tick. Run low on oil ?

Anoo21

88gt4DE":12ucrqy5 said:
Didn't you just have motor out ? I'd investigate first ... water pump and front seals isn't a reason to give up quite yet ... Get that valve cover off and check out that tick. Run low on oil ?
yeah I apologize for my previous post, I was just a bit angry. All-Tracs it is a love :oops: hate :shoots: relationship lol I am going to be ordering the water pump and fixing the oil leak. Hopefully for a while she will stop throwing her fits. gives me a headache :doh:

Anoo21

Great news put new seals on turbo oil return line, got a great condition rear security cover, new water pump and timing belt and jdm corner lights. Finally she is giving me some time to save up and not have anymore big fits. :D

20130714_170034_zpsaafd8df8.jpg
[/URL]

New security cover compared to my old torn up one
20130723_173339_zpsd9f5bf9d.jpg
[/URL]

Old water pump :doh:

Jdm corners and my All-Trac grill

Anoo21

Power steering hose was leaking like crazy so went ahead and got a replacement high pressure hose. Was not a bad job just time consuming but we all know about that with our All-Tracs. Another thing I started body work someone in front of my parents house hit the alltrac and run. :shoots: Stupid irresponsible people but I got a promotion into the body shop of the dealership i work at so I went ahead and fixed it and was going to paint the whole car this summer. Pics are below.

20140221_144102_zpsd749a1f6.jpg

20140221_121822_zps4c6114e1.jpg

20140212_074855_zpse545a7b9.jpg

20140308_121243_zpsf235b51f.jpg

20140308_134914_zpsdb0f3a7e.jpg

Anoo21

it was a big pain but it should not have happened in the first place. Hopefully i will get the whole car painted and body work soon.

Anoo21

keeping it blue but might go darker and more pearl. want to open up my hood and doors and still have the jams the same color or so.

Anoo21

88gt4DE":28zchj84 said:
801Alltrac":28zchj84 said:
:) awesome hope karma gets that person back

Always does ... ;)

I totally believe in karma so i really hope something will happen to the jacka$$. My All-Trac is my love, going to be keeping her for a long long long time. Been 3 years now that i purchased her and been through hell and back lol. Clutch job was the worse out of them all lol. thanks guys i really want to keep this car the tip top shape it can. Seems to be the only running clean All-Trac in Kansas

88gt4DE

It's even better when you can see the karma strike back ... but that's rare. My girl was lucky enough to SEE it this past week at a gas station. WISH I was there to see it too ...