OutToWinPAHC's 1990 ST185 Build thread

OutToWinPAHC

Dropped off the manifold and down pipe today for ceramic coating. Do a bright silver, cost heh I got a deal I am repeat customer he is doing my skyline top mount manifold, downpipe, 3s manfild and down pipe, screamer pipe and then powdercoating my RB25 rocker covers in a 2 stage anodozed purple for 340 bucks.

OutToWinPAHC

Some crappy pics
553378_10151146815119682_671386248_n1_zpsf13b804e.jpg

285653_10151146816684682_2119153206_n1_zpsbdd7301d.jpg

550449_10151146815879682_442756728_n_zpsd3881ee8.jpg

66551_10151146817509682_88675570_n_zpsaffcbdfc.jpg

OutToWinPAHC

She is running, started first crank. waiting on a cold start sensor then were gonna set timing warm it up bleed it and set timing again. Also gotta finish the exhaust, putting on the new brakes and rear coil overs and then it's time for a quick cruise. Still needs a windshield, some fresh body panels (GT4 fenders, JDM bumper) and a front end and rocker panel respray.

88gt4DE

I like those wheel man ... Nice looking Skyline ya got there peeking out too :p Gonna hit one of our meets in the spring time ?

OutToWinPAHC

We'll I got an awesome Blitz I-Color EBC for it, a 3 gauge pllar pod, gonna order autometer ultralite oil pressure and water temp gauges, have the front painted, recover the front seats, replace the noisy wheel bearing, align it, and SELL IT.

As cool as it is, this car is too small and boring for me. I want it to be my weekend autocrosser initially but I dont want to ruin it with a cage which mean I'd had to modifiy the floor to mount a low seat and strip the interior for space. I rather finish it right, and sell her as a beautiful 1990 clean 2 owner car with 85K miles.

OutToWinPAHC

I just came back from the body shop. 5 Stars auto which has been taking care of me for years. They are going remove the new front end and get it on there perfectly straight and painted to match, And they are also going to be redoing the rocker panels with the color matched rock chop texture to match the JDM fenders. Also there is a bad front wheel bearing and they are going to both for me ( I dont have the press required to do it myself ). So I am going to wait on the alignment until thats done. In the meantime I am awaiting a quote to repair the front seats (just badly worn)

Will include the OEM wheels with the car, they need some good sanding, coating and tires as the tires on them are like 10 years old

brutekiller787

So you built this just to sell it again? Boy I wish I could throw that kind of money at something that probably depending on how much you paid you probably won't even get that much.

And alltracs being boring? I guess you just aren't an alltrac guy. Oh well, my alltrac is the most fun car I have ever driven and its only on 3 cylinders

OutToWinPAHC

Well I got a good deal on the car and did all the work on it, it will ne an even break for me. I just don't wanna gut it and cage it because of how clean the car is. This would be off in the hands of someone who truely wants it. The gear box power splits make it meh for me, my r32 gt4 was funner at about the same power.

OutToWinPAHC

Not sure what I want, steady working on it. Just did new inner/outer tie rods and boots as well as rear comber bolts. Next steo is to the rack and to the body shop.

I also go a clean passenger seat, took it apart and pulled all the leather off to transplant onto the drivers seat. I may have a shop do that.