Project Bacardi!!!!!

Rpz123isme

once again sorry for the phone pics. after I put my motor in i stopped bringing my camera to work.

any-who i didn't want to weld the bov to my ic piping in case it dies. so i just welded some hose ends and crimped on an a/c line. Im still pissed that it broke. what is a good strong bov with good seals? the hks is ok but the flange is not very strong.

2012-06-28_074538.jpg

Rpz123isme

So out of board-um I turned my old a/c dryer into an oil catch can 8)
2012-07-13_154114.jpg

I used two ac fittings and a piston skirt for a baffle. I have more pics but they are not sending from my phone, so ill post them later

ZeroDrift

I've had great success with Synapse Engineering blow off valves. It replaced an older HKS unit (which I was less than happy with) and has lasted for years without trouble. Progress looks great!

Rpz123isme

While my car has sat life less for some unknow reason i have put together a 3.4l 5vzfe motor. I planned on putting it in my 4runner but at this point i think ill drop it in my alltrac with a diy ecu and dual ct20b turbos. Im not going to get big on details but i will put up pics as my work progresses.

Rpz123isme

Im still undecided about the 5v motor but if i have some time tomorrow im going to start pulling the motor and trans. I am going to take the car apart and do an entire make over.

88 noobie

I just read your thread from the beginning...f*cking intense.Pretty righteous you do all the internal work yourself and everything too.I'm going to go check out my dark blue st165 this Friday,and the more I'm reading about these cars I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy it.It just seems like something went every week with yours so.Sort of like if it ain't one thing it's the other type of deal..Are these typically like that?Or were you just having some rainy days?

Rpz123isme

88 noobie":1px4o8qd said:
I just read your thread from the beginning...f*cking intense.Pretty righteous you do all the internal work yourself and everything too.I'm going to go check out my dark blue st165 this Friday,and the more I'm reading about these cars I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy it.It just seems like something went every week with yours so.Sort of like if it ain't one thing it's the other type of deal..Are these typically like that?Or were you just having some rainy days?

When you are as picky as i am, and you have the tools that i do you dont let things slide. So if its not right i try to fix it. As of now i have the car for sale if you want a solid platform that needs a little bit of effort to get going again. Let me know.

Rpz123isme

Well she is road bound again, just need some cash for the "smog". I decided to go this route because i could not sell the car. So last night i said fuck it and put her back together.

you do know you make guys like me feel stupid with your insanely awsome fabbing techniques and off the wall ideas that work great, right?
my head hurts just trying to fathom how to pull off half of the work youve accomplished lol
i cant even get my trac running... :notworthy:
i envy your thought process and am deeply depressed at my lack of good ideas... :oops:
sorry just had to belittle myself a bit, im ok now for the time being :?
great build story man!!
now i think i should lay down now for a bit...

88gt4DE

I just went through the whole build again. somehow i missed the whole clutch disc breaking incident .. Makes me wonder about mine. Mine still works though ...

Rpz123isme

In the past i have used exedy with zero problem until then, further research i never got around to posting was the pressure plate was made with the wrong length fingers. and it allowed the bearing to hit the disk. quality control is not what it used to be.