Project: Force Fed GT4

scuba

klue":uzxy09ff said:
The manifold,downpipe, and screamer tube is custom built by a local fabricator, who's work is top notch. We will be producing our own manifolds this summer so should you be interested let me know.

This car is intended to take a whooping, thermal management is the primary cause of engine failure. Weather it be internal due to knock, external due to improper shielding, or electrical overloading it is always the primary concern of any race/street high performance vehicle. Those whom over look this usually end up on the curbside, ask me how I know :p

I am interested in a manifold, should your shop actually decide to make them. I am in the market for one, and would love to see your work! (will it accept 38+ wastegate sizes?)

Also, you asked me to ask you; how do you know? :D

Thanks for the quick response!

mixer72

photos of my header tank and swirl pot set up for you :)

30042011899.jpg

30042011897.jpg

the big build viewtopic.php?f=44&t=34183

klue

Very nice, so the little tank by the intake is the Swirl pot, the the bigger one where the PS usually is what?

mixer72

hi mate the big tank is the header tank, what you domis fit a T into the bottom hose of the rad and take the T off upto the bottom of the header thank and then the over flow off the rad goes to the top of the header tank but you have to take out the spring seal in the rad cap so the air in the rad can go to the top of the header tank, does that help? there are more photos in my build :)

klue

Yea I get the it for the most part, Seems like a lot of complexity. We wont be using one unless there are issues at the track which I doubt. I use a modified st165 header tank set up on my track can and have no issues with over heating, main thing is the tune which I do myslef to keep the engine cool under load.

CSAlltrac

Did you stay 2.0? Over bore at all? Im curious to see what you make since I have a 35R coming with a .63, my motor is a 2.2 though, thats why Im wondering what yours is.

klue

There has been lots of changes to this car. Havent had any time to keep these topics updated, But we finally got to tune a bit on the dyno. Ended up running out of fuel(in the tank) so we had to cut it short

Made great power, and its not even flexing yet. Winter is upon us, so we are going to make some upgrades and then hit it hard next season.

http://youtu.be/HE8jZg70sis