FWDLOL!

Talk about your project car here

Re: FWDLOL!

Postby athousandleaves » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:47 am

hmmm I like the sound of OTA, really wasn't digging CSCS this summer.

PM me what parts you want from my GTS and I'll begin putting them aside this week.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
1992 Red GT-FOUR RC 626•1800
1992 White turbo4WD
athousandleaves
Established Member

Postby Cuttyman9 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Seems much easier to just read this vs badgering you on IG lol
1992 Celica GT Hatch
1971 Cutlass
1967 Chevelle
1975 Trans Am
1966 C20 Long Bed
1999 F150
Cuttyman9
Club Member

Postby k.beaty » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:54 pm

I finally started to work on the car this past weekend. It will be going in to get repaired from the incident with a concrete wall at the end of the season this past year. I am going to have the car pulled, and have all of the other dents repaired while it's at the body shop. It'll then get a fresh coat of black paint. I started tearing the car apart and hope to get it sent to the body shop within the next couple of weeks. All that I really have left to do is pull the windshield, and find a few spare bumper covers to send for paint at the same time. It can never hurt to have a spare bumper or 2 kicking around. Should be nice to finally have the car looking like new, as the paint is original and definitely shows it's age.

That's about all that is new with the car. I will be ordering all of the stuff needed to re-do my rear suspension fairly soon, and will get to work on that. I've also landed a deal with BC Racing NA, and will be using their RAM type coilovers with custom rated Swift Springs this season. I'm very excited to be a part of their team and look forward to the upgrade over my 6 year old Megan Racing coilovers. The RAM type coilovers have an inverted shock tube which keeps the damper fluid away from the heat of the brakes, as well as the heavy part of the shock is mounted to the chassis, opposed to being mounted to the wheel like most other off the shelf coilovers. Also, the Swift Spring upgrade is a must! They are the best springs on the market, and BC Racing allows you to order any spring rate that you'd like and they'll valve the dampers to match whatever spring rates you choose. Definitely a nice feature... If anyone is in the market for any BC Racing products, let me know and I can put you into contact with someone who can help you out!

That's about all that's new for now, but I'll keep everyone updated on the progress leading into the 2014 season.
Follow me on Instagram @kbt666
k.beaty
Club Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:23 am

My favorite GT-S. I keep waiting for a picture of a Beams 3SGE on a crate. :D
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby k.beaty » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:28 pm

CSAlltrac wrote:My favorite GT-S. I keep waiting for a picture of a Beams 3SGE on a crate. :D

Haha! Thank you! Unfortunately, there will be no BEAMS this season. I've got to spend a good chunk of money on having the paint and bodywork done. I'm also going to be competing in 2 different series full time this year, which will about double my budget from last year.

Plus, it's kind of fun going out and spanking people with a Camry motor... :lol:
k.beaty
Club Member

Postby underscore » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:46 am

k.beaty wrote:Plus, it's kind of fun going out and spanking people with a Camry motor... :lol:

Do the Camry V6 swap and you'll be spanking even more people, and still on a Camry motor ;)
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
It's for sale! http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=52181
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God

Postby CMS-GT4 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:25 pm

I look forward to see how things go next season.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby klue » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:08 pm

underscore wrote:
k.beaty wrote:Plus, it's kind of fun going out and spanking people with a Camry motor... :lol:

Do the Camry V6 swap and you'll be spanking even more people, and still on a Camry motor ;)

I second this notion, 2gr FTW
facebook.com/xiiimotorsports
#xiiimotorsports ON instagram
klue
GTFour God

Postby k.beaty » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:12 pm

CMS-GT4 wrote:I look forward to see how things go next season.

Thank's I'm very excited as well.

I actually just received an email from Spec Clutch and they will be supporting my program for 2014. They will be supplying me with one of their lightweight aluminum flywheels, and a stage 3 clutch kit. Hopefully the lightened flywheel helps out the poor old 5SFE a little bit.

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated with my build progress building up to the racing season, as well as how things go throughout the season. If anyone is interested in more frequent updates, I keep my Instagram account fairly up to date. Feel free to follow along! @kbt666
k.beaty
Club Member

Postby New Guy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:36 am

That lightweight flywheel will help a ton. I've got a 5S in my Camry All-Trac and the Fidanza I installed made a world of difference.
Proud owner of an ESV220x.
New Guy
Club Member

Postby k.beaty » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:51 pm

New Guy wrote:That lightweight flywheel will help a ton. I've got a 5S in my Camry All-Trac and the Fidanza I installed made a world of difference.

That's good to hear! I'm hoping to notice a significant difference. I've got the 4.176 final drive in my car, so it should rev up very quickly.
k.beaty
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:01 pm

I was actually going to mention your final drive. Since you have a narrow box, you may consider looking for a rav4 final drive and finding out if you can fit that. That could make up for your lack of power especially if your not having to race over 100mph.
Coldiron
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby k.beaty » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:11 pm

CMS-GT4 wrote:I was actually going to mention your final drive. Since you have a narrow box, you may consider looking for a rav4 final drive and finding out if you can fit that. That could make up for your lack of power especially if your not having to race over 100mph.

Hmm,

That's interesting. What is the Rav4 FD? Does it bolt into an S series transmission?
k.beaty
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm

There are a few. I think there was a 4.6 in the 9x-00 box. I posted all the ratios in the final drive thread. I also recently posted an article on wide boxes vs narrow boxes. The gtfour boxes are wide and can't use rav4 parts but there is a good chance you can use rav4 bits. I would fist find the FD and then look into the math to see if the ratios are even compatible. If so, I imagine it would be like the alltrac final drive swaps. You just need the three parts from the box, and swap them. Worst case you might find a whole rav4 box at a yard with the ratio you want cheaper than all the work.
Coldiron
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby phattyduck » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:56 pm

CMS-GT4 wrote:There are a few. I think there was a 4.6 in the 9x-00 box. I posted all the ratios in the final drive thread. I also recently posted an article on wide boxes vs narrow boxes. The gtfour boxes are wide and can't use rav4 parts but there is a good chance you can use rav4 bits. I would fist find the FD and then look into the math to see if the ratios are even compatible. If so, I imagine it would be like the alltrac final drive swaps. You just need the three parts from the box, and swap them. Worst case you might find a whole rav4 box at a yard with the ratio you want cheaper than all the work.
My understanding is that the Rav4 (even FWD) used an E-series box - am I wrong there?

-Charlie
'89 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GTE - SV25/ST205 hybrid
'99 4Runner SR5 4WD 5VZ-FE
Previous: '88 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GE BEAMS, '90 Camry 3S-GTE, '90 Camry DX
phattyduck
Established Member

PreviousNext

Return to My Project