Total overhaulin!

loft

Hi! This thread is about my Carlos sains #2072.
After a EU-check it didnt pass cuz of some rust and oilleak..Så my friend and I just decided to take it a part, fix the body and tune it up to about 400-450bhp
Parts thats gonna be switched for something better:
Pistons, rods, bearings, arp head studs, fuelsystem, turbo,clutch, FMT intercooler, breaks, suspension, new computer ofc.

So far we have taken the engine a part, drilled up the sylinders, bought forged pistons, forged rods, ARP bolts, all new gaskets for the entire engine, cometic headgasket, new bearings.
What I need now is fuelsystem and clutch, I really need some help finding this. If anybody have any direct links, please tell me :)

underscore

Where do you live and what kind of clutch are you looking to get? I know OS Giken and ORC make some really nice clutches for our cars.

loft

underscore":19ftgaey said:
Where do you live and what kind of clutch are you looking to get? I know OS Giken and ORC make some really nice clutches for our cars.
Live in Norway, but I buy everything outside my country (cuz its the most expensive country in the world).
Looking for a clutch, something between racing and street clutch. I want to be able to drive to the store, if you know what I mean.

loft

Anybody? fuelsystem? Rail,injectors and pump?

Been quite busy lately so haven`t got around to do anything on the car..
But soon! well, the block is ready for assembly. But would be nice to install the injectors and air at the same time as the top.

deecee

try http://www.gt4oc.net they are the UK based gt4 car forum and have a second hand parts category which may be of use to you.

fuel rail = wolfkatz or get one made.
fuel injectors = whatever fits the fuel rail eg SARD 800CC for side feed injectors
fuel pump = walbro is commonly used or other aftermarket brand
fuel pressure regulator = aftermarket eg SARD

Don't forget your brakes with a more powerful engine :)

4rsnduction

Fuel Rail - Twin Entry 14mm Top Feed
Fuel Injector - 1000cc 14mm Top Feed
Fuel Pump - Dual 250L (or) 400L+
Clutch If Money Is No Problem - OS Giken Twin Plate
Clutch If You Have A Budget - Exedy Sports Tuff Heavy Duty Cushion

loft

Thanks guys! :)
Yeah, the breaks will be upgraded. But is one of the last parts Im going to buy. Engine first!:)

loft

Just ordered some awesome parts from wolfcat..damn..expencive!!

Very very soon now, we are going to assembley (you understand right?) the block and top.
IMAG0260.jpg

20120416_161438.jpg

loft

Was looking around on the internet, wondering how we are going to style the car..And came over this two..Love the styling! Maybe not chrome rims but the styling, fits perfect!
img0312eb.jpg
img0311t.jpg

CMS-GT4

You might want to look around in the body kit thread. There are some better examples of work done of these cars, including a widebody from malaysia.

loft

CMS-GT4":35wpway0 said:
You might want to look around in the body kit thread. There are some better examples of work done of these cars, including a widebody from malaysia.

thanks!:)

loft

Okay, question for you guys!

Now we have assembled the crankshaft, rods and pistons. All tightened with the right nM and all.
BUT, is the crankshaft suppose to be "hard" to turn around? Or should I be able to do it with to fingers?

4rsnduction

Cant be turned with fingers but if you use a tool with just your hands it should spin easily.
I tried the same thing when my block was at the mechanics on the engine stand, i wanted to see the fresh pistons move up and down, tried with my hand, failed and then the mechanic came over with a wrench, made it spin.

loft

ah okey!:) Just as I thought.. It was just the same before we took it apart.. Just a Audigeek who said something else. Nothing to worrie about then :)

phattyduck

loft":sdyf7je7 said:

Now we have assembled the crankshaft, rods and pistons. All tightened with the right nM and all.
BUT, is the crankshaft suppose to be "hard" to turn around? Or should I be able to do it with to fingers?
There should actually be a torque spec for it, as in 'not more than xx ft.-lbs' ... But as others have said, you should be able to turn it with a fairly short ratchet with no troubles. Make sure it is smooth all the way around (constant drag).

-Charlie

loft

phattyduck":sa4yvx6w said:
loft":sa4yvx6w said:

There should actually be a torque spec for it, as in 'not more than xx ft.-lbs' ... But as others have said, you should be able to turn it with a fairly short ratchet with no troubles. Make sure it is smooth all the way around (constant drag).

-Charlie

Jeah about that.. With all the pistons in place...When they meet at the center (the pistons) its harder to turn around. But only when they are at the same place.......bad?

loft

Okay Im kinda lazy with the updates...The block and top is installed.. Doing the fuelrail and shit..dont understand shit of this aftermarket stuff from wolfkat..Just ordered a turbo from precision, handles up to 540bhp.
Decided to remake the whole electrical system..Make it sweeet to look at. We are both electricians so shouldnt be that hard.

NEXT I need to decide on witch clutch to buy.
And after that..Paint the engine bay->shuve the engine back in place