Total overhaulin!

Talk about your project car here

Re: Total overhaulin!

Postby phattyduck » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:41 pm

loft wrote:Okay, question for you guys!

Now we have assembled the crankshaft, rods and pistons. All tightened with the right nM and all.
BUT, is the crankshaft suppose to be "hard" to turn around? Or should I be able to do it with to fingers?
There should actually be a torque spec for it, as in 'not more than xx ft.-lbs' ... But as others have said, you should be able to turn it with a fairly short ratchet with no troubles. Make sure it is smooth all the way around (constant drag).

-Charlie
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
'89 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GTE - SV25/ST205 hybrid
'99 4Runner SR5 4WD 5VZ-FE
Previous: '88 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GE BEAMS, '90 Camry 3S-GTE, '90 Camry DX
phattyduck
Established Member

Postby loft » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:25 pm

phattyduck wrote:
loft wrote:Okay, question for you guys!

Now we have assembled the crankshaft, rods and pistons. All tightened with the right nM and all.
BUT, is the crankshaft suppose to be "hard" to turn around? Or should I be able to do it with to fingers?
There should actually be a torque spec for it, as in 'not more than xx ft.-lbs' ... But as others have said, you should be able to turn it with a fairly short ratchet with no troubles. Make sure it is smooth all the way around (constant drag).

-Charlie

Jeah about that.. With all the pistons in place...When they meet at the center (the pistons) its harder to turn around. But only when they are at the same place.......bad?
loft

Postby loft » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Okay Im kinda lazy with the updates...The block and top is installed.. Doing the fuelrail and shit..dont understand shit of this aftermarket stuff from wolfkat..Just ordered a turbo from precision, handles up to 540bhp.
Decided to remake the whole electrical system..Make it sweeet to look at. We are both electricians so shouldnt be that hard.

NEXT I need to decide on witch clutch to buy.
And after that..Paint the engine bay->shuve the engine back in place
loft

Previous

Return to My Project