Hi all, it's been a while since I last updated here. I've been making process, albeit fairly slow, but some interesting and cool stuff has been done since the last update.
Before I go on, you'll notice my old photos are all broken... You can blame stupid Photobucket for that! I've since started using Flickr but I haven't bothered to move over old photos and fix links...yet...
Anyway since the last update I installed the new Walbro 460L/hr pump in to the tank. I had to modify the bracket a little to make it fit, then get a little creative regarding how to support it in the tank but I think it works well.
The fuel lines at the rear of the car were swapped out with new Gates Barricade hose along with the low pressure ones at the front. For the high pressure lines up front I used Aeroflow 200 Series -6 Teflon braid. There is also a new Haltech flex fuel sensor in the mix as well as a fuel pressure sensor remote mounted via some -3 Teflon braid.
I'll be buying some new injectors to install immediately before it gets retuned on Ethanol, probably ID1050x's. Currently just have the old 740cc's in which will do until it goes on to E85.
When it came time to put the subframe back in with the new solid mounts, I decided I really didn't want to reuse my original toe arms with their horrible cam adjustment. Instead I designed some new arms and my friend Josh drew them up for me in CAD and organised to have them machined. I made the connection point on the subframe static by welding plates over the slots with just the round bolt hole in them.
The other components looked like this after being machined.
After welding the thread inserts to the existing tubes and giving them a bit of paint and a healthy dose of anti seize compound, they end up looking like this, complete with FK JMXL rod PTFE lined rod ends, installed.
There is enough adjustment on them to allow to be shorter than stock right up to longer than ST205 length. I bolted back the subframe and fitted new poly bushes to the inner LCAs and 4x new spherical bearings in the hubs for the arms. The trailing arms already had new poly bushes from last time I was working on the rear. Now every bush and mounting for the suspension in the car is new. The arms all bolted up beautifully, it's all really solid and the on car adjustment for the rear toe is really direct and simple, no more cam adjustment!
I've painted the floor and remounted the fire extinguisher so I can get to it whilst strapped in to my harness. I also tidied up my wiring in the passenger footwell and made a new bracket for the ECU, to make it more accessible. You can also see the new battery location. The wiring for the fuel pump is all new, direct from the battery via a new fused relay block.
The switches you can see are for, from left to right:
Electric Water Pump Manual
Thermo Fan Manual
Fuel Pump Manual
When the switches for the manual control are left off they just run automatically as per usual controlled by the ECU and EWP controller.
I have all the little random bits and pieces I need for the intercooler piping now, like weld on bosses for the temp sensor, weld on hose barb for idle air valve hose, couplings and clamps, new BOV with weld on V-Band fitting. I just need to get the aluminium pipework fabricated now.
I also snapped up a set of ST205 rear calipers. I'm not going to use them yet but they are good to have for later. I gave them a freshen up.
That's it for now