Pete's ST185, bone stock ( not for long) Update on page 2

Talk about your project car here

Re: Pete's ST185, bone stock ( not for long) Update on page

Postby peteleetzor » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:35 am

Yes everything on motor is stock. I have a DP and ct20B saved up, but planning to get exhaust and then do the tranny ( clutch, PP, sychcos and all the other stuff) in one go.

My speedo is broken so the car is stuck at 121k, I driven around 7k since I got her. so ~130k miles.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
peteleetzor
Club Member

1993 Toyota Celica

Postby r-town » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:38 am

Nice car! Jelly on that 1 of 81. There is a white and burgundy 1990 celica gt-s in Ecology autoparts in Fontana, CA. Mostly get my spare parts from those cars lol
r-town
Club Member

Postby BADNEWS » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:35 pm

Does it run strong? Does it have a new plugs, cap, rotor, and wires? If so would you be willing to take it to an AWD Dynojet dyno so we can see what. Bone stock ST185 does?

Where are you from? I'll look up the closest dyno center for you.
90 ST185 W/ HTZ4094R (6768), 2.2, Fully Built
865AWHP, 591 torque
Hope to have some 1/4 times this summer of 2016!!!
BADNEWS
Club Member

Postby peteleetzor » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:35 am

HELLO keep update, sorry been MIA because of a crazy school and work schedule

First off I redid the cluster lights to LED, I only replaced the backlights, Used 5 194 and 1 74 wedge type LED. The 74 isnt a direct plug and its kinda lose but meeh it worked out. for some reason the lights look alot whiter in picture, in person it still looks kinda green or maybe thats just my eyes.

second, took out the OEM airbox, but in some cheap autozone one since the K&N filter is too long for current set up. I have a straight pipe already but wanted to see how this works out first. (will try to get straight pipe next weekend?

THERE IS ALSO ONE DAM BOLT under the airbox that I cant remove, will take more detailed picture tmr, and I got pictures of how I messed up the AFM AHAHHA im stupid i know. Lesson learned.

peteleetzor
Club Member

1993 Toyota Celica

Postby peteleetzor » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:01 am

helllo guys, been awhile since I updated this thread.

But here goes.

I replaced the timing belt/water pump/seals since it snapped off and everywhere was wore. The car is in the shop again since they didnt replace the timing belt tensioner while they were there but no worries.
Also toyota dealer doesnt want to use aftermarket kit, so I have an extra timing belt kit ( will sell for 250 bucks)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BQMDBE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also replaced both my master and slave clutch cylinder with these parts.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CG8N5Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CGCOWO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is like a odd rubbing sound on the driver side whenever I come to a stop, I think my rotors or brake pads are not holding up. But I will fix later. The dent in the fender has been almost completely fixed. More picture to come.

Meanwhile, I got myself a weekend miata, and I must say it handles alot better, but the comfort and power just isnt the same. My plans for the alltrac, is save up for a 3 in cat back, then put in CT20B/berks DP/ cat back in one go.
peteleetzor
Club Member

1993 Toyota Celica

Postby peteleetzor » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:52 pm

small update:

My quarter is almost over so i'll have time to work on it for once.

I have all the parts ready to go in

ct20/berk/3inch-
wheel bearing, hubs, and axle on the driver side along with some Valvoline 75W-90 and 1 quart syncomesh

as for normal maintance, I bought pre cleaned injectors, new spark plugs. Need to clean IC and fix the slack on my throttle cable.
peteleetzor
Club Member

1993 Toyota Celica

Previous

Return to My Project