ST185 Project 2013

Tecker185

If there is coolant in the oil do not drive it. you will risk spinnging a bearing and cause internal engine damage. If there is oil in the coolant it will be ok to drive just make sure the coolant is toped off.

As far as rust in concerned, rusty sway bar mounts and rear sub frame mounts are the worse. Body rot as long as you dont plan on winter driving it isnt a big deal. Most body shops can patch holes and make it look like it never happend.

If its leaking coolant by the head and its near the timing belt cover it could be a water pump. Its a farly common wear item will cause a leak that looks like its comming from the head.

cwalther1

Man, I really hope it's the water pump then. I could drive it and just have to monitor the temp, right?

Would anyone recommend me going under the car and taking a little oil out from the pan and inspecting it for coolant if I can't find any coolant in the oil via dipstick?

underscore

Tecker184":36hbxugw said:
As far as rust in concerned, rusty sway bar mounts and rear sub frame mounts are the worse.

Sway bar mounts aren't too terrible, as you can drive the car with the swaybar removed if you don't feel like having a replacement section fabbed up.