ST185 Rally Build

Desifinado

Hey guys,

Pretty new to the forums, but thought I'd share a bit of the project.

A few friends and I are doing a ST185 build.

We picked up the car Saturday (in great condition), and as of today the interior is completely stripped (may be selling most all interior parts soon FYI)

I have a couple of shots of the car, but we work on it in an area where cameras aren't allowed, so I can't show too many
I'll update as much as I can

IMG_20130126_182350.jpg

_iRpbJayRSw

RallyX-GT4

Where are you located out of curiosity? And where are that no cameras are allowed? (is this a top-secret government-funded rally car build : P
Seriously, are those Compomotive wheels?
Sorry for all the questions, but it looks like a great platform to start with. Good luck and keep the updates coming!

Save the door cards. Cut off round tops and use them with sheet material (Plastic or aluminium) to close off doors so you dont hurt your hands on exposed sheet metal edges if you crash.

Desifinado

If I told you where we were I'd have to kill you... And the wheels are Team Dynamics Pro Rally Whites

So day 2, and we're down 350 lbs! Started at 3254, and after the interior was removed plus about half of the sound deadening, we're down to exactly 2900 lbs.

Engine is the next to go.

The body kit is kinda grafted on fiberglass, so I'm not quite sure if we'll sand it off or if we'll just get a new fr bumper cover

3s_woob

This was my friend's car(2 owners ago) and was in great condition. It's sad to see it dismantled and turned into a rally car when there's other cars in poor condition that would be more suitable as a rally car. On another note, good luck with the conversion.

aus jd 2703

you should check out Meurz thread on here.
he went through and cut all unnecessary brackets and wiring out of the car to help minimize weight.
you can also get fibreglass front fenders and a carbon fibre bonnet if that will help

You can also get plastic rear and side windows as well as fiberglass rear hatch. Also fiberglass hood light pod and corner pods are available. What is your rally class objective? Have you thought of gearbox options and objectives..

fussellbug

Did anyone notice on page 6 of the homologation papers that a 6-speed transmission is listed as an additional gearbox? What transmission did they have in mind?

Edit: After reading further, it's a dogbox made by Xtrac. According to Meurz, it was used on the TTE cars.

athousandleaves

Any updates on this?

Would be nice to know how the car drove with all the weight reduction ... Unless you just added it back with a roll cage. :shrug: