700AWHP or Bust

BADNEWS

GT4_DRED":n3l8kftf said:
BADNEW5":n3l8kftf said:
The dual rail got done yesterday.
Just curious as to why you're running a dual rail setup?

because I'm currently running 1700cc injectors. I am on pace to be at around 85% duty cycle at 40psi on 110 race gas. Now i want to run oxygenated race gas which takes 3-4% more fuel. So Q16 alone will raise my duty cycle.

Now I would also like to run E85 which takes about 30% more fuel over race gas. So my 1700cc's will be maxed out. I could raise my base pressure but with high pressure like that the flow of the pump drops a bit.

I was considering the ID2000's but when run with an oxygenated fuel the rubber valve in them swells and restricts flow. Tony1 on hondatech reported that once they swell after 10 minutes of running the fuel, they actually flow less than 1600cc injectors. My ultimate goal would be to run FTW Purple fuel at some point which is an oxygenated E85. So that is going to take quite a bit of fuel. Guessing like 40% more than regular race gas.

So overall. I thought with this setup I can run anything from 93 pump with a perfect A/F at idle to an oxygenated E85 and have enough fuel for that. Just seemed like a nice setup to have. Also I had the 2 sets of injectors already, so that was no extra cost. Running Precision 1000cc primaries, with Precision 1700cc secondaries. The bungs were $20 from Ross Machine Racing. The 2nd rail I bought used from Hux Racing for $75. I had to buy a 2nd set of injector connectors for about $20. My buddy is a welder for a living so he did the modification to the intake manifold for free. Plus shipping on all that stuff. So my main investment will be the AN fitting and lines to do it. I figure overall I'll have about $300 to $400 in it total to do it from where I was before when I had just the 1700cc's. That is cheaper than a new set of ID2000's anyway.

l0ch0w

You prefer q16 over c16? The oxygenated stuff scares me tbh, its so corrosive VP recommends you flush your fuel system after each use of it... Thought about using c23?

BADNEWS

If I get to the dyno this summer, my plan is to tune 93 pump to 25psi, 110 to as high as I can go with it, Q16, and VP Import. I want to see the difference in each gas. See where the higher octane doesn't make anymore power.

When I do run something like Q16, I'll be taking the gas out that day. That is not something I plan on running daily. It will be just for the dyno and going to the track.

My 2nd dyno session I want to tune e85 and FTW Purple. Not sure when this will all happen.

BADNEWS

Here is a pic of the inside before it was touched up but the injector is in there, so you can see how it looks. and the other photos are after the inside was touched up.
railinsidebefore_zps72c16831.jpg

railinsideafter1_zps36bc5956.jpg

railinsideafter2_zpsc8ba59ab.jpg

railinsideafter3_zps678832c9.jpg

BADNEWS

I have an Aeromotive Eliminator. It's being fed by two -8 lines Y'd together into one -10. Then I'll have a -10 feed all the way to both rails.

gearhead313

running e85 then??

Just a word of warning, I run one of those in a c6 vette we have and im on i believe my 3rd pump. For some reason, unknown to me, they start to get really noisy and just quit. The current one in there now has been ok, but it barely has 100mi on it.

BADNEWS

gearhead313":21wff0ra said:
running e85 then??

Just a word of warning, I run one of those in a c6 vette we have and im on i believe my 3rd pump. For some reason, unknown to me, they start to get really noisy and just quit. The current one in there now has been ok, but it barely has 100mi on it.

I only have 2,000 miles on mine so far. Time will tell if it'll last.

l0ch0w

Your setup should be capable of well over 700whp then... You should try to bust the 1000awhp barrier... 2700cc per cyl is enough to develop like 1200+ crank HP on e85... What can your turbo handle? You running l19 head studs?

CSAlltrac

l0ch0w":3m53wuib said:
Your setup should be capable of well over 700whp then... You should try to bust the 1000awhp barrier... 2700cc per cyl is enough to develop like 1200+ crank HP on e85... What can your turbo handle? You running l19 head studs?
I was thinking that same thing, I would say 700AWHP could be a reality with that setup on 91.

BADNEWS

My current turbo the GT4088R. The most I have seen on a AWD dynojet is 766 horsepower in SAE correction. Usually people post in STD on a dynojet cause your get about 3% more power. So 766 X 1.03=789 in STD. Most ever was 790 FWHP in a civic. It was Geoff at Full-Race's personal Civic. But the average for people who goto to 35+psi is 690-720.

Link to Civic:http://www.evans-tuning.com/dynos/2010/11/fr-geoff-civic-retune-792whp610tq-41psi/

And here is the 1997 Eclipse GSX
*Engine: 7-bolt, 2.3L Stroker with Eagle rods and Ross pistons, FFWD Butcher crank, BSE kit.
*Head: 1G unported, Crower single springs and retainers, stock size valves, stock lifters, HKS 272/272 cams, 2.5” IC pipes with a 1G stock throttle body.
*Turbo: Garrett GT4088R with T4 0.95 A/R divided flange
*Exhaust: 3.5”-to-3” Race Exhaust with muffler.
*Fuel Management: AEM EMS
*Fuel used in tuning: VP Racing Q16 – 117 Octane oxygenated race fuel:
tim_z_31_44psi.jpg

The biggest turbo I would put on my car would be the PTE 6766 which my guess would be a max of 900 AWHP on a dynojet in my car. Not that I would make that. But that is my guess of the absolute max it would EVER do in my car. I really like the PTE 6466 which I would think maxing that one out would be around 850 AWHP. I think the most I'll ever make with the GT4088R is 750 AWHP. The PTE 6466 would give me pretty similar spool to my current, but give me about 50+ additional horsepower.

If I don't make over 700 awhp on the GT4088R I'll be upset. I'm expecting 700-750 awhp. And if I do 750+ awhp, I'll be ecstatic.

aus jd 2703

i gotta ask.... what do you plan to do with all this power?
its alotta money spent for a street car so are there anyplans to race?
its awesome but i always find it funny how people say "go bigger" or "push it harder" when its not their car (or maybe more importantly its not their money).
regardless awesome car regardless of 600 or 1200hp.

BADNEWS

It's a street car. I'll drive it like one day a week during the summer. Go on like a Sunday afternoon cruise or something. Take it to car shows. Maybe I'll go to the drag strip with it like once of twice a year. Right now the plan is to get it running, and enjoy just driving it around. I know I went overboard. If I could go back in time I would do a lot of things different. Mainly no cage and keep A/C. But when you're in your early to mid 20's, all you want (or at least I did) is a race car. If you talked to me when I was 23/24 and started the project of what it is now. I wanted the most horsepower possible and to go and get the fastest 1/4 mile time of anyone on this board. Now I don't care too much about even going to the drag strip at this moment. I love the dyno though. But I hope to gain some confidence that the car won't break as long as I'm nice to it. And then start trying the drag strip down the road.

BADNEWS

Got the Transfer Case all back together today. I just need to pull those two plugs and paint them so they look good and reinstall them. I'll be doing that tomorrow along with attaching it to the trans. It is sitting over night on the vise till the RTV dries.

550012_10151308834536669_361604451_n.jpg

l0ch0w

BADNEW5":2f5xafq8 said:
My current turbo the GT4088R. The most I have seen on a AWD dynojet is 766 horsepower in SAE correction. Usually people post in STD on a dynojet cause your get about 3% more power. So 766 X 1.03=789 in STD. Most ever was 790 FWHP in a civic. It was Geoff at Full-Race's personal Civic. But the average for people who goto to 35+psi is 690-720.

Link to Civic: IMDELETINGPICTURETOCUTSPACE

And here is the 1997 Eclipse GSX
*Engine: 7-bolt, 2.3L Stroker with Eagle rods and Ross pistons, FFWD Butcher crank, BSE kit.
*Head: 1G unported, Crower single springs and retainers, stock size valves, stock lifters, HKS 272/272 cams, 2.5” IC pipes with a 1G stock throttle body.
*Turbo: Garrett GT4088R with T4 0.95 A/R divided flange
*Exhaust: 3.5”-to-3” Race Exhaust with muffler.
*Fuel Management: AEM EMS
*Fuel used in tuning: VP Racing Q16 – 117 Octane oxygenated race fuel:
IMDELETINGPICTURETOCUTSPACE

The biggest turbo I would put on my car would be the PTE 6766 which my guess would be a max of 900 AWHP on a dynojet in my car. Not that I would make that. But that is my guess of the absolute max it would EVER do in my car. I really like the PTE 6466 which I would think maxing that one out would be around 850 AWHP. I think the most I'll ever make with the GT4088R is 750 AWHP. The PTE 6466 would give me pretty similar spool to my current, but give me about 50+ additional horsepower.

If I don't make over 700 awhp on the GT4088R I'll be upset. I'm expecting 700-750 awhp. And if I do 750+ awhp, I'll be ecstatic.

Ive ridden in a corn fed 6766PTE MR2 before. It developed 675 at only 23psi on the dynojet... I got to ride in it up to 40psi, which should have put it well into the 800s. Time wasn't recorded, but it walked a 10 second bottle fed trans am...

Both Pat (alltrac101) and Trevor (tjdouble07) have dynoed well into the 800s and 900s...

Pats 1/4 is 10.1 on street tires and 217mph texas mile... so if fastest 1/4 is part of your goal, then good luck...

BADNEWS

l0ch0w":3qmofms1 said:
Ive ridden in a corn fed 6766PTE MR2 before. It developed 675 at only 23psi on the dynojet... I got to ride in it up to 40psi, which should have put it well into the 800s. Time wasn't recorded, but it walked a 10 second bottle fed trans am...

Both Pat (alltrac101) and Trevor (tjdouble07) have dynoed well into the 800s and 900s...

Pats 1/4 is 10.1 on street tires and 217mph texas mile... so if fastest 1/4 is part of your goal, then good luck...

MR2Josh had his boost that high? I thought in his last build he kept having problems so I figure he never went that high. Why didn't he dyno it higher than 25psi than? With 675 @ 23psi, he was on pace for 980whp at 40psi. If 675 @23psi is correct. He was making 17.9 horsepower per psi. granted the efficiency of the turbo would go down slightly with higher boost. But 40psi on that size of a turbo is not over doing it. So I would think he shouldn't of fell more than 30 horsepower off the equation. Putting him at 950whp.

It was my goal when I was younger for a fast 1/4 mile. Not anymore. Now I just want a good street car. I do like power but my lag is getting up there for the street. That is why I really don't want a bigger turbo. I'm actually considering the PTE 6266 cause it would make the same power as my GT4088R but have faster spool for the street. Doing a 40mph roll I've raced an EVO and a V6 swapped MR-2. Both pulled a full car length on me during my lag in 2nd gear. Granted once 2nd gear was over I had made up that car length and more. But my point is that it takes awhile for it to hit in low gears like 1st and 2nd, unless I'm pretty high in the rpm band. 1st gear doesn't even have enough load for me to make more than 20psi max unless I start with the 2step. 2nd gear at 40mph in the ST185RC trans put me at 4400 rpm. I really needed 44mph or 4800 rpm for 2nd gear to not have horrible lag. With my friends V6 MR-2 at 45mph, he didn't get an inch on me. At 4800+rpm in 2nd gear the turbo responds like it should.

With the ST185RC trans my 1st gear ended at 48mph. So that had 2nd gear starting at 5200rpm. I only have like 300rpm more lag I can sacrifice in 2nd gear before it starts affecting my 1-2 shift. Sure my car is fine on the highway for racing from like 50+mph. But the low speed stuff is starting to get bad for the street.

Plus Marius (Sleeper) on the board has ran a 9.89 @143.5mph in the 1/4 mile. I'm pretty sure he is the fastest on the Alltrac board. Unless anyone else knows of someone faster? And he did it with a PTE 6262 @33psi on drag radials. He has yet to dyno his car. His buddy may have just purchased a dyno so hopefully he can tune it out better and give us some numbers.

Sleepers videos:
http://youtu.be/UaMHliEemas

http://youtu.be/UmJP99igr2o

l0ch0w

BADNEW5":qvty7gae said:
l0ch0w":qvty7gae said:

MR2Josh had his boost that high? I thought in his last build he kept having problems so I figure he never went that high. Why didn't he dyno it higher than 25psi than? With 675 @ 23psi, he was on pace for 980whp at 40psi. If 675 @23psi is correct. He was making 17.9 horsepower per psi. granted the efficiency of the turbo would go down slightly with higher boost. But 40psi on that size of a turbo is not over doing it. So I would think he shouldn't of fell more than 30 horsepower off the equation. Putting him at 950whp.

It was my goal when I was younger for a fast 1/4 mile. Not anymore. Now I just want a good street car. I do like power but my lag is getting up there for the street. That is why I really don't want a bigger turbo. I'm actually considering the PTE 6266 cause it would make the same power as my GT4088R but have faster spool for the street. Doing a 40mph roll I've raced an EVO and a V6 swapped MR-2. Both pulled a full car length on me during my lag in 2nd gear. Granted once 2nd gear was over I had made up that car length and more. But my point is that it takes awhile for it to hit in low gears like 1st and 2nd, unless I'm pretty high in the rpm band. 1st gear doesn't even have enough load for me to make more than 20psi max unless I start with the 2step. 2nd gear at 40mph in the ST185RC trans put me at 4400 rpm. I really needed 44mph or 4800 rpm for 2nd gear to not have horrible lag. With my friends V6 MR-2 at 45mph, he didn't get an inch on me. At 4800+rpm in 2nd gear the turbo responds like it should.

With the ST185RC trans my 1st gear ended at 48mph. So that had 2nd gear starting at 5200rpm. I only have like 300rpm more lag I can sacrifice in 2nd gear before it starts affecting my 1-2 shift. Sure my car is fine on the highway for racing from like 50+mph. But the low speed stuff is starting to get bad for the street.

Plus Marius (Sleeper) on the board has ran a 9.89 @143.5mph in the 1/4 mile. I'm pretty sure he is the fastest on the Alltrac board. Unless anyone else knows of someone faster? And he did it with a PTE 6262 @33psi on drag radials. He has yet to dyno his car. His buddy may have just purchased a dyno so hopefully he can tune it out better and give us some numbers.

Sleepers videos:
http://youtu.be/UaMHliEemas

http://youtu.be/UmJP99igr2o

I thought we were talking ST185s otherwise I would have mentioned Marius.

It was more like 36 psi and he was experiencing breakup issues due to his alternator not being able to power his coils so we definitely weren't in the 900whp range. At 9A per coil, it began to be a significant draw up into the 8000rpm range. His dyno run was only at 23 psi, but when we were finalizing his street tune, we saw boost up into the high 30's. He dialed it back for the dyno because of the breakup issues. Later on (I wasn't there) he did a 40psi pull and blew his HG. He was having substantial issues with his head studs backing off along with cracking his exhaust manifold. Hes moved on to v8's now I think.

What is your expected peak RPM?