Lots of progress over the last few weeks.
Engine ready for flywheell/clutch:
Clutch installed, ready for mating with the trans:
It all fits!
Leaking power steering feed/return lines to be cleaned and replaced:
Rusty battery tray to be repaired:
So, I have to do the battery tray rust repair, replace some power steering lines before installing the motor. Then I'll finish up the oil filter relocation, welding the water temp switch bung to the BEAMS neck, clearance the front swaybar mount and a few other things...
I got the new axles ready (gotta get the core charge back...):
Started the process of replacing the leaking power steering hoses. Oddly, the pressure hose is still in great shape. The reservoir return and pump feed lines are leaking. The Toyota OEM feed line (only way to get it) arrives on Wednesday, the return line has been replaced with aftermarket:
And, got started on the oil filter relocation. I think I figured out the best way to do it. The filter will be in the fender well, right next to the washer bottle. I'll modify the fender liner a bit for clearance. I should be able to keep the cruise control actuator in the stock location AND be able to do a tool-free oil change once I get a Fumoto oil drain valve. I'm using -10AN lines this time (the 3s-gte Alltrac is using -12AN lines - I might even swap over to this style if things work out well on this one).
Rust converter on the battery tray:
Primed/Painted (still probably going to put a bit of undercoating as the battery tray surface):
I replaced the axle seal and the shifter boot on the transmission, then got to installing the engine. Lifting the engine in:
ECU mounted and plugged in:
There are lots of little things to do at this point. Every part has a bit of 'custom' work to do to get it to line up, etc. A good milestone has been reached though!
Last edited by phattyduck
on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.