FC Zach's AllTrac

FC Zach

lalojamesliz1":3otg1upt said:
Beautiful!
Punknoodle":3otg1upt said:
That... Looks freakin mint dude. Great choice.

Thanks guys!

msanders2":3otg1upt said:
They do offer them in 17x9 +40, curious if they would fit the wilwoods or not, maybe with a 5mm spacers bringing them to +35 like my RPF1s. I’m not sure on the spoke back curve of these wheels as I do not have them, and that’s the main reason the RPF1s don’t fit the brakes. I love my 255s front and rear on my car so I may have to give those a look.

Contact Enkei and send them the PDF of the caliper fitment.

FC Zach

Magroo":jnwn25gb said:
Zach look what I found!

Do you still need it?

No sir, I got the jet and check valve from alltrac801 a few weeks ago. The only thing I'm lacking is the grommet that the valve presses into but I'm sure I can find a universal one to work. Thank you for checking!

Magroo

Ok np. Funny thing is I found it when I wad searching for old turbo stuff cause I'm about to send a package to alltrac801 lol.

FC Zach

A lot has happened since July. . I have been planning a garage build since we moved and it is finally to the point that I can bring stuff in and use the shop. I actually moved all my tools/benches in last weekend :) The best part, I now have a lift! The days of jacks and stands, leaning down on hand/knees, and laying on a cold concrete floors are over! :notworthy:

A lot left to do but I'm very proud of where I'm at so far and it couldn't have come at a better time, my clutch pedal had been feeling soft and unfortunately I just found that it's a defective slave cylinder (this is the second one from O'Reilly, don't get the power torque brand they have), I'll be going with a Beck Arnley part this go-round.

49193293923_3826281cd3_z.jpg

FC Zach

I haven't had much to share lately but that's probably a good thing, means stuff ain't breaking. Until now LOL

Around a week ago I noticed the battery light was illuminated as I left work. I limped it home and checked power from battery and alternator with a meter. I was sure it was the battery since the alternator was putting out good voltage but that wasn't the case since the auto parts store said the battery was good, so at that point I just assumed I left a light on in the car. All was fine until yesterday morning.

The light came on again but this time I left the car running and checked the Batt/Alt as soon as I pulled in the garage, the alternator wasn't creating any voltage.

I immediately checked online to get a replacement on the way and the only option I found was a Remy reman. I really wanted a Denso but everywhere I searched was out of stock.

Beggars can't be choosers, so I ordered the Remy brand. . What option/s have y'all found? Hopefully you don't need to.

FC Zach

sefiroxx":33ui9grm said:
I purchased a lifetime warranty unit from oreillly a long time ago.. Have replaced it, 3 times so far.
O’Reilly was the second site I checked but sadly they didn't offer any option*. . hopefully that doesn't affect you in the future if you need another.

*Edit: There was a part listed (Part #: R110822B), it just wasn't in store. It also didn't list that as an available option to "Ship to Home".

alltrac801

I believe when i changed mine i went with the power select from rockauto and its not a reman. I havent had any issues yet but its only been about 6 months.

FC Zach

Magroo":3qtz1f29 said:
I'm at work so I cant check which one it is but its possible to rebuild it yourself. As long as the rotor and stator are still in good shape, it usually the rectifier board that goes bad.

https://store.alternatorparts.com/rectifiers-denso.aspx

I thought about that (I've done it to my other car) but because this is my daily, I want to get it finished with little delay. I think I will most likely keep my core and rebuild it to keep as a spare, thanks for the link.

Edit: Assuming that I'll be keeping my core, I checked their site for rectifier 27357-74120 but didn't find any that were listed as a replacement for that #. . . I did find one on Amazon though, for $24. I believe that alternatorparts site is where I got the rectifier for my other car and for very little. They do have the voltage regulator (27700-46030) for our cars, for $40. . rockauto wants $145 for the same part! With that said, RA is not always the cheapest.

FC Zach

alltrac801":1o8wjvtt said:
I believe when i changed mine i went with the power select from rockauto and its not a reman. I havent had any issues yet but its only been about 6 months.

Wow! That's not that long ago and that brand isn't even listed any longer. Of the three that are listed, all are remans and only one is available (Remy). I'm definitely leaning towards keeping my core to repair myself and save as a back-up.

alltrac801

I just checked yesterday and it said the Power Select was available but that's for my 91. I guess the 92-93 are different alternators because when I check the 92 it only shows the three remans!

FC Zach

This week I noticed that my car recently decided oil was optional and was leaking WAY more than normal. I checked the level and it was only barely touching the end of the stick, I had to put a little over a quart to get it back to the full line.

49734820672_a19cf41191_z.jpg

I started tearing everything down to find the source/s which was almost every seal that I replaced in 2014 when I had the engine out (cam seals and the oil pump o-ring). . . All had hardened and stopped doing their job :( I went with different brands this time, hopefully I'm not doing this again in 6 years.

Looking at the positive side, I can clean up the front end and hope to have a leak free 3S again. . Ah, who am I kidding :rofl:

Magroo

I just started tearing the timing belt and cams apart so I can change my valve springs and redo my valve lash, so I'm right there with you.

New valve stem seals, cam seals and just look over the oil pump and front main seal. I just changed those like 2 years ago so they should be fine.

I bought BC springs that were listed as being fine for stock retainers and keepers, but I find the retainers are a bit tight on the spring ID. I think it should be ok though.

FC Zach

Because I've had the front of the engine apart enough, this time I made a quick reference sheet with all torque specs involved with removing the timing belt and cam seals during the down time from waiting on replacement seals. The last time I did this I wrote on bolts/nuts with a fine point sharpie but all wasn't legible this time. I do this so I'm not going back and forth wasting time looking for specs and can quickly assemble the front end.

Just a helpful tip you may appreciate.