FC Zach's AllTrac

FC Zach

The rubber bushings in mine weren't completely shot but were getting there, regardless the feel of the shifts are positive now.

FC Zach

FC Zach":2ju0soxb said:
So far there are no leaks, still crossing fingers. . .

Shortly after this drive almost a week ago I saw a couple drips from the R/S axle shaft seal but told myself it was just residual oil from the disassembly and for the most part I believe that was but after that short drive I noticed there was and still is oil coming from the oil pump housing and seems to be worse than before!

I probably should have waited before adding the Amsoil. .. kinda defeats the purpose of buying one year oil if you have to keep refilling.

Anyways I guess I'll be taking the front of the motor back apart :bangshead: I am happy I don't have to pull the motor but I wish this would have not happened and was fixed the first time.

The one seal I didn't replace was the oil pump shaft seal, are these known to leak often? I will pull apart tomorrow to know for sure

FC Zach

Street_Chally73":1l75bk4k said:
Keep up with the progress & good luck with not having any leaks!

Ha Ha, I thought I had it fixed but apparently not. This is so frustrating

FC Zach

Leak found, the culprit was both cam seals. Seals that I replaced already, definitely not as easy to replace the second time after the engine is installed. . So far so good, again. . LOL

FC Zach

Here's a bright idea I had that I used to get the seals in place due to the lack of work space, I used a 1 7/16" socket with a large bolt through the center to pull the socket/seal into the head.
15954134040_06d99886d3_k.jpg

FC Zach

My car has been doing great since I fixed my timing belt issue stemming from the clutch change months ago. We've had some nasty weather the last couple days so I took the AllTrac out for a test drive on roads that to some were undrivable. This is the first time we've had weather server enough to really test it's capabilities and I must say I am very proud of this little car!

Here's a pic of my ice covered Celica
10999808_911614095526737_3923912271874353613_n.jpg

Redswan

FC Zach":snnshf3w said:
My car has been doing great since I fixed my timing belt issue stemming from the clutch change months ago. We've had some nasty weather the last couple days so I took the AllTrac out for a test drive on roads that to some were undrivable. This is the first time we've had weather server enough to really test it's capabilities and I must say I am very proud of this little car!

Here's a pic of my ice covered Celica
10999808_911614095526737_3923912271874353613_n.jpg

Thats reel purdy right there! :D

Awesome picture!
Wish my car was drivable, I want to test out its capabilities.
What is done to your drivetrain? Stock rear diff or are you running the 205 ?

FC Zach

I went to Deals Gap last weekend for a rotary rally that I have been attending for the last 8 years, the RX7 wasn't ready so I drove the Celica. The car handled surprisingly well. Here's a pic from the photographer Killboy.
DGRR '15.jpg

Here's a stopping point in Fontana that I always like to take a picture.
11146230_942695372418609_1626745708299627136_n.jpg

FC Zach

I got a chance to meet some of the Celica/Supra guys at the end of the gap where the gas station is, wasn't a big turnout it seemed but was nice to see another Celica.

psipwrd

Nice car, thread need more pics!

I'm about to trim and install my bumper cover. I'm hoping it looks this clean since i got the LEDs too :wink:

FC Zach

psipwrd":1db5grvc said:

I'm about to trim and install my bumper cover. I'm hoping it looks this clean since i got the LEDs too :wink:
Thanks! You'll love the lights, major improvement over stock!

Here's the latest shenanigans :D canoe trip with the Celica loaded down. Returning home I was reminded by every bump in the road that I really need my fenders rolled! This will be done soon!
11215723_10204385597944310_4510112227874715583_n.jpg

FC Zach

psipwrd":3stp3dgc said:
thread need more pics!

Fixing that now, again. . . The links would die even though the pics still exists :shrug: Seems like something that happened periodically. Fixing that issue with attachments where I can.

FC Zach

FC Zach":9tn3cxqv said:
Thanks! The next projects on the list are to repair/replace the passenger fender if I find a good paint match, if that happens I can then have the carbon CS style hood painted too. I would also like to get the leather seats either reupholstered or find good used seat covers from someone here on the forum, this will be a waiting game I guess since it seems everyone's seats are in similar condition to mine. Upholstery may be the way to go but is expensive!

Almost a year later all these are about to happen :D I bought some paint after having someone scan my paint with some gadget to acquire paint info, picked up the paint/clear that day. I worked on preparing my extra CS style hood to be ready for paint. I also have something under works for recovering all my leather seats :)

msanders2

FC Zach":c80z4ybl said:
psipwrd":c80z4ybl said:

Thanks! You'll love the lights, major improvement over stock!

Here's the latest shenanigans :D canoe trip with the Celica loaded down. Returning home I was reminded by every bump in the road that I really need my fenders rolled! This will be done soon!

Well, I'll have you know my fender roller just showed up on my door step today. I'm in West Georgia and have a shop with lifts. If you wanted to make a trip down we could roll your fenders.

CMS-GT4

I sure do miss the Dragon. If we ever get the car down that way maybe I see if you and the others want to do a mini meet.