Switch to full style
Talk about your project car here
Post a reply

Re: FC Zach's AllTrac

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:30 am

Coincidentally, the plug I had laying around is a Toyota part. I searched the number (90950-01504) on the top of the plug and if I recall correctly, I believe it is from the crossmember but I'm not positive. After checking a few Toyota sites it looks like that is exactly what it is.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:14 pm

That certainly looks like the crossmember plug, nice fix!

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:09 am

underscore wrote:That certainly looks like the crossmember plug, nice fix!

Thank you! I just hope however long water had been getting past the tape and pooled in the panel, didn't cause too much damage. . On top of the rust converter (after that dried), I fogged the panel with Sta-Bil oil. Should be OK, crossing fingers.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:54 am

About four months ago I had a flat and unfortunately I neglected to test fit my stock 15" spare to see if it cleared the 205 brakes front and rear (never thought to do it). It did not so I had to leave the car till I could got a replacement tire the following morning. After all that was sorted I bought a 7th gen 16" wheel to use for my spare http://www.autorimshop.com/amfinder/?find=2000-toyota-celica-443977. I wasn't completely positive it would fit so when it arrived I tested it. In case you were wondering, *it will.

*However, I have spacers front and rear so results may vary. . .

With this said, I do still have the 15" wheel with a new tire (also comes w/ receipt for free balance from any Discount Tire) that I'd give away for a six-pack of IPA. . . If willing to pick up unfortunately.

Last edited by FC Zach on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:47 am

What 6th gem rim is that? The spokes look like the stockers off a 7th gen.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:57 am

Mr Alltrac wrote:What 6th gem rim is that? The spokes look like the stockers off a 7th gen.

Oops, you're correct. That's a typo.

Re: My First AllTrac

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:44 pm

FC Zach wrote:If anyone wants the radio above I'll let it go cheap ($10 :shrug: plus shipping). It came from a '90 GT

If you still have that radio, I'm interested. I've been looking for a stock one for ages, haha.

Re: My First AllTrac

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:06 pm

8BitBrody wrote:
FC Zach wrote:If anyone wants the radio above I'll let it go cheap ($10 :shrug: plus shipping). It came from a '90 GT

If you still have that radio, I'm interested. I've been looking for a stock one for ages, haha.

I just looked for this and if I have it I can not find it. I don't think it made it though the move, sorry.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:18 am

No worries, man! If it ever happens to pop up, shoot me a message. =]

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:19 am

My Ortiz Custom Pod arrived today! The quality is great, very happy with results.

Now to find some gray paint to match the original color. . checking with my painter friend to see what he can do.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:42 am

mx6er2587 wrote:I used the duplicolor charcoal grey interior/vinly paint on my lotek pod and then lightly sprayed it with a semi gloss clear. It's a pretty good match to my eye

I tried the above suggestion from another thread I started on pod recommendations http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51913

The Dupli-color gharcoal gray was a close match but slightly lighter, the matte clear darkened it up a bit. I'm pretty happy with the end result.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:58 am

Glad it worked for you. You definitely need the top coat or the color won't be quite right.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:22 pm

I've heard SEM makes a Color-coat grey that is a really close match.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:42 pm

msanders2 wrote:I've heard SEM makes a Color-coat grey that is a really close match.

I checked their site but was lost in all their products and unsure of where to start. Because of that and the expense that would come from trial and error, I felt experimenting with a cheaper and readily available paint was a wiser choice. I'd like to see results from SEM paint.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:23 pm

There is a paint supply store close to me that sells the SEM. I'll try to go in and find it. It's $13 a can
Post a reply