FC Zach's AllTrac

Talk about your project car here

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby FC Zach » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:41 am

psipwrd wrote:Nice car, thread need more pics!

I'm about to trim and install my bumper cover. I'm hoping it looks this clean since i got the LEDs too :wink:

Thanks! You'll love the lights, major improvement over stock!

Here's the latest shenanigans :D canoe trip with the Celica loaded down. Returning home I was reminded by every bump in the road that I really need my fenders rolled! This will be done soon!
11215723_10204385597944310_4510112227874715583_n.jpg
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Last edited by FC Zach on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
User avatar
FC Zach
Club Member
 
Posts: 818
Images: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 am
Location: Eagleville, TN

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby FC Zach » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:43 am

psipwrd wrote:thread need more pics!


Fixing that now, again. . . The links would die even though the pics still exists :shrug: Seems like something that happened periodically. Fixing that issue with attachments where I can.
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
User avatar
FC Zach
Club Member
 
Posts: 818
Images: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 am
Location: Eagleville, TN

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby FC Zach » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:06 am

FC Zach wrote:Thanks! The next projects on the list are to repair/replace the passenger fender if I find a good paint match, if that happens I can then have the carbon CS style hood painted too. I would also like to get the leather seats either reupholstered or find good used seat covers from someone here on the forum, this will be a waiting game I guess since it seems everyone's seats are in similar condition to mine. Upholstery may be the way to go but is expensive!


Almost a year later all these are about to happen :D I bought some paint after having someone scan my paint with some gadget to acquire paint info, picked up the paint/clear that day. I worked on preparing my extra CS style hood to be ready for paint. I also have something under works for recovering all my leather seats :)
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
User avatar
FC Zach
Club Member
 
Posts: 818
Images: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 am
Location: Eagleville, TN

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby msanders2 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:53 pm

FC Zach wrote:
psipwrd wrote:Nice car, thread need more pics!

I'm about to trim and install my bumper cover. I'm hoping it looks this clean since i got the LEDs too :wink:

Thanks! You'll love the lights, major improvement over stock!

Here's the latest shenanigans :D canoe trip with the Celica loaded down. Returning home I was reminded by every bump in the road that I really need my fenders rolled! This will be done soon!
11215723_10204385597944310_4510112227874715583_n.jpg



Well, I'll have you know my fender roller just showed up on my door step today. I'm in West Georgia and have a shop with lifts. If you wanted to make a trip down we could roll your fenders.
msanders2
Club Member
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:59 am
Location: Buchanan, Ga

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby CMS-GT4 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:27 am

I sure do miss the Dragon. If we ever get the car down that way maybe I see if you and the others want to do a mini meet.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
User avatar
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member
 
Posts: 10342
Images: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:12 pm
Location: St Louis Area (IL)

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby FC Zach » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:07 am

msanders2 wrote:Well, I'll have you know my fender roller just showed up on my door step today. I'm in West Georgia and have a shop with lifts. If you wanted to make a trip down we could roll your fenders.


I had planned on going to Mazmart for a rotary gathering in Chamblee, GA this coming weekend but that has changed since I haven't completed the tune on my RX7. I considered taking the Celica also but it's just not gonna happen, the offer is greatly appreciated though. . Thanks!

I have access to a roller but I'm afraid to use it in fear I will distort the panel and/or crack paint. I would much rather give it a go than continue to rub tires from every bump in the road. I've been told to apply "some" heat to the area with a heat gun to prevent paint damage.
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
User avatar
FC Zach
Club Member
 
Posts: 818
Images: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 am
Location: Eagleville, TN

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby FC Zach » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:10 am

CMS-GT4 wrote:I sure do miss the Dragon. If we ever get the car down that way maybe I see if you and the others want to do a mini meet.


That would be fun, I would enjoy that. Depending on the weekend (if I'm off from work) this could happen :)
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
User avatar
FC Zach
Club Member
 
Posts: 818
Images: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 am
Location: Eagleville, TN

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby FC Zach » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:21 am

Big thanks to Redswan for sharing info about which rotors to use in place of ST205 pieces for the 205 caliper install! More info on that here http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=50455&p=469181#p469181, I had searched many threads for information and no one ever shared that info. About two months ago I purchased a pair of crossdrilled/slotted IS300 rotors from RockAuto for a pretty good price to complete my Big brake kit. Previously I ordered a stainless brake line kit from Klue.
IMG_3752.jpg

IMG952923.jpg


In the mean time I have been waiting on a friend to drill the rotors, he finally got to them today. Starting this week hopefully, I plant to start this mounting these.
IMG_20150227_091436_529.jpg
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
User avatar
FC Zach
Club Member
 
Posts: 818
Images: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 am
Location: Eagleville, TN

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby msanders2 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:22 pm

FC Zach wrote:
msanders2 wrote:Well, I'll have you know my fender roller just showed up on my door step today. I'm in West Georgia and have a shop with lifts. If you wanted to make a trip down we could roll your fenders.


I had planned on going to Mazmart for a rotary gathering in Chamblee, GA this coming weekend but that has changed since I haven't completed the tune on my RX7. I considered taking the Celica also but it's just not gonna happen, the offer is greatly appreciated though. . Thanks!

I have access to a roller but I'm afraid to use it in fear I will distort the panel and/or crack paint. I would much rather give it a go than continue to rub tires from every bump in the road. I've been told to apply "some" heat to the area with a heat gun to prevent paint damage.



I'm not going to lie to you, I'm actually pretty terrified to roll the fenders on my alltrac. My paint and body are in excellent condition so I really don't want to mess up the fenders, or have cracked paint. On the other hand, I don't want to pay someone to come over and slip up and mess up my car. I'm going to do it my self because I know I'll take my time and do it right. Hopefully lol I'm going to practice on some junk cars first lol
msanders2
Club Member
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:59 am
Location: Buchanan, Ga

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby FC Zach » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:24 pm

msanders2 wrote:On the other hand, I don't want to pay someone to come over and slip up and mess up my car. I'm going to do it my self because I know I'll take my time and do it right. Hopefully lol I'm going to practice on some junk cars first lol


My thoughts exactly! The only difference is that I don't have a junk car to practice on. . . I'll be borrowing this tool from a friend that owns a shop (Gage Performance) and has done this a couple times so I'll hopefully be under wise supervision. I'll share any dos/don'ts that I may run into if before you attempt yours.
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
User avatar
FC Zach
Club Member
 
Posts: 818
Images: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 am
Location: Eagleville, TN

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby FC Zach » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:55 pm

Hoping to start this soon! :D
10424982_983754401646039_7814991646342502300_n.jpg
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
User avatar
FC Zach
Club Member
 
Posts: 818
Images: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 am
Location: Eagleville, TN

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby msanders2 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:49 pm

FC Zach wrote:
msanders2 wrote:On the other hand, I don't want to pay someone to come over and slip up and mess up my car. I'm going to do it my self because I know I'll take my time and do it right. Hopefully lol I'm going to practice on some junk cars first lol


My thoughts exactly! The only difference is that I don't have a junk car to practice on. . . I'll be borrowing this tool from a friend that owns a shop (Gage Performance) and has done this a couple times so I'll hopefully be under wise supervision. I'll share any dos/don'ts that I may run into if before you attempt yours.


Awesome! I'll standby
msanders2
Club Member
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:59 am
Location: Buchanan, Ga

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby CTechBlueDragon » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:07 pm

Hey are you going to use the 205 rotors when your done? I could probably use them on the camry with the 205 front calipers I still have. I hear you have a little more ball joint clearance on the camry compared to the celica. Hopefully wont need a spacer behind the rotor. Can I buy those back from you? lol
CTechBlueDragon
Club Member
 
Posts: 204
Images: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:12 am

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby FC Zach » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:27 pm

CTechBlueDragon wrote:Can I buy those back from you? lol


Yes you can! I have them boxed and ready to ship already, I'll pull them out from storage this afternoon.
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
User avatar
FC Zach
Club Member
 
Posts: 818
Images: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 am
Location: Eagleville, TN

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: My First AllTrac

Postby CTechBlueDragon » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Great! I'll probably pay you at the end of the week.
Keep up the good work man. Let me know how the fender rolling goes it looks like I'll be having that adventure soon. It really would be a shame to mess up some 25 year old paint that still looks great other than all the dings and stuff, that don't bother me much, leaving the original paint keeps me from having a heart attack every-time someone door dings it at the store... They sure did a good job on some of these older cars. I guess buying a heat gun is probably a must? I know next to nothing about it so I hope I can learn something from you and the other guys experiences. :shrug:
CTechBlueDragon
Club Member
 
Posts: 204
Images: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:12 am

PreviousNext

Return to My Project

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest