Rebuilding an ST165, the fun way

killemalltrac

Rick89GTS":35m27kei said:
Do you mean he cut out the hood bulge where the CS vent will sit?!
Do you have a pic of that?

sadly yes. Even if he shipped me the whole hood I would have done it myself. I figure after the time and money going into my car that CS ST185, wherever it may be would be happy to donate. :)

187flatliner":35m27kei said:
im more interested in how you plan on your hood and how much it cost ya in the end.....

I will weld in the cutouts, smooth my welds, body work the shape and then mount the vents. I already have the paint for it so I am thinking it will cost me about 25 dollars and a day of labor.

killemalltrac

Ok so I fully realize I suck at updating a build thread... Either way here is a quick and to the point update.

The swap is done :)

It runs amazing and is a total blast to drive. I will try to add more details and some WIP photos later... but if I don't does anybody really even care?

Look pretty stuff!!!

vpw1ub.jpg

ne9pwm.jpg

4iybzr.jpg

5alzb4.jpg

14npcvs.jpg

2128ubb.jpg

28bt9w5.jpg

2agnm2g.jpg

33vdus7.jpg

2vwtn5c.jpg

wgoyag.jpg

GT4_DRED

Coming along really nice! I thought I remembered you saying you were going with 17" wheels? Have you sorted the suspension yet? Gotta be one of the cleanest 165 interiors I've seen!

killemalltrac

Thanks guys the interior was a huge selling point for me when I bought the car. I was surprised that his post in the for sale section didn't have any photos.. Good for me I guess :D It should be going into paint in the spring but until then I will just give it a good cut and buff and keep it nice for winter.

GT4_DRED":vxscb8te said:
Coming along really nice! I thought I remembered you saying you were going with 17" wheels? Have you sorted the suspension yet? Gotta be one of the cleanest 165 interiors I've seen!

No I went with the 15 so I could have a little more meat on the tires. My town is trying to win a pothole contest somewhere, I think. As for suspension I am still riding on a blown stock suspension....As of right now I am shooting for a tein SS setup for the ST185. I have the little washer set that was sold here a while back and fixes all the mounting points for 185 suspension on the 165.

killemalltrac

Ok so I think I am going to sell my dash or possibly trade an EXCELLENT condition black original dash. I bought an ST162 that has a spotless blue dash and I think I am going to wrap it in a new black and use it in my car. That being said if anyone is interested in my dash please PM me. This is a custom leather wrapped dash with red stitching. Has a few spots that could use some love but as you can see from my photos, it looks damn good.

88gt4DE

I'd love to have that dash but I cant justify it with my crap seats .... Dewd that car is insane :notworthy: I hope my looks half as good someday ...

CSAlltrac

Car looks great! For your dash, if you're wanting a nice clean black finish look into flocking. It's also an option that fits the rally heritage of the car.

killemalltrac

Not a huge fan of flocking. I have texture issues lol. Have you guys ever seen someone do hydro graphics on a dash? I wonder how well that would hold up...

BoNkErZz

If you ever go to sell call me first I'm here in Corvallis and looking for a new one.. By far one of the best st165s I have ever seen beside one in Japan now as for your mechanic problems I would recommend trackforge and or koracing in Portland john is awesome at trackforge and prices are far and Chris at koracing prob know more about the 3sgte then anyone else an the US but a little more spendy.. BTW here's my old car if you have a doubts http://www.koracing.net/gallery.php?folder=92

killemalltrac

BoNkErZz":20mli3av said:
If you ever go to sell call me first I'm here in Corvallis and looking for a new one.. By far one of the best st165s I have ever seen beside one in Japan now as for your mechanic problems I would recommend trackforge and or koracing in Portland john is awesome at trackforge and prices are far and Chris at koracing prob know more about the 3sgte then anyone else an the US but a little more spendy.. BTW here's my old car if you have a doubts http://www.koracing.net/gallery.php?folder=92
Thanks man! Yeah I have thought about bringing it up to KO for a while. Wait a second... Are you Corey?

801Alltrac":20mli3av said:
Holy smokes man so beautiful it's perfect can't wait to see more

Thanks! I just got the turbo back 3" exhaust done and am really liking it. Will post some photos when I get it on the lift next.

801Alltrac

Need to know what radiator that is or if mitsimotos will work?
Mine just took a crap, shut down the car before overheated thank god

killemalltrac

801Alltrac":wn4sqxu4 said:
Need to know what radiator that is or if mitsimotos will work?
Mine just took a crap, shut down the car before overheated thank god
I got it from the ebay seller "JRsCooling". It fits perfect and cools well. I have 2 12" FALs mounted to it as pushers.