AE94 Rolla wagon, 4age swap?

Interwhat

Hey, y'all. So I've been doing some research here and there, between replacing pistons in Audi 2.0Ts all day. I have this wonderful little wagon, just under 100k that I want to scrape some power out of. I don't want another 1jz swap like I did in my supra, because well, it cost a ton of money, it's time to sell her, and no one will pay any money for it. Here's a link, if anyone's curious:) http://annapolis.craigslist.org/cto/4281383939.html

So back to my research: I've found that it's possible to put a 4age head on an afe block? That would be sweet, but what about belts, gaskets, management, etc? Bad idea? How bout a full 4 age swap? I've also read that that may bolt to my auto trans? No? I could go for a trans too, although I'm not familiar with the variations, and at that point, I would gladly go 5 speed, even if I couldn't keep it awd. Another question: what's the difference between red, black, silver top? Are they all 20v?

Lot's of questions, I know, but it seems this is the right place for the right information. Let's do this: I tell you guys what I want, you tell me what I need to know.

-I want a little more than 90hp. Like 150. Hell 120 would make a huge difference I'm sure.

-I want to keep this as simple as possible, like completed in a week or two. I like the idea of keeping it a daily.

-I hate my loopy wobbly prop shaft. I did finally have a joint replaced, but now it's imbalanced and vibrates at 35mph. It's three piece btw! Stupid. Haven't found anyone in the area willing to balance it. So I want to go single piece if power to the rear wheels is an option for me.

-looks like there are turbo kits out there for the 4age. That's neat :D

-finally, if I get enough info/recommendations, I'll need you guys to point me in the direction of write ups. Just for stuff like wiring. If I can find a motor set with ecu and harness, I'll need to know what goes where, integrating it into the car.

If I'm in the wrong place, let me know and I'll repost. Here's a couple pics.

image.jpg
image.jpg

phattyduck

You won't find many guys on here who know about the a-series motors. And you won't really find people elsewhere that know about anything Alltrac related. All I know is that there will probably be at least a bit of custom work (even if it is only figuring out the transfer case mounting with the new engine) beyond the wiring. Read up on engine options on club4ag or similar - then remember that you will need a FWD 4a-ge motor. Oh, and it is possible to put a 3s-gte in there with only 1 custom engine mount. Find the other thread in this section with that to see what it takes.

-Charlie