Pipedreams ST205, 5S-GTE BEAMS

Pipedreams

Boost is ~2,35bar or 35,5psi.
The overheating was due to the head lifting caused by excessive timing. When the waterlevel gets low the exhaust side gets hot first because the engine is tilted. I believe I solved that with the new expansion tank that sits higher than the head with a vent/airbleed at the highest point on the head and some spare water to fill the engine if it would loose some water. But no water was lost on the dyno and the temp stayed below 90degrees celcius all day

Pipedreams

It may take a while. On my first testrun I think the block gave up. Water in cyl1 and cream in the oilpan. Maybe my friend got a vid from the passenger seat.
But f**k me it was fast! A bit blurred sight and tunnelvision in third gear, shift to forth and still pulls the same. I hope I won't have to back off on the power to make it last. Had to go abroad for work the same day so I haven't taken it apart yet.

bmt

Wow you're really going for broke!! Literally! Good luck!

How about the gearbox? Is it still a stock St205 box, E154? How long do think it will last under that kind of power? I got 300hp at the wheels and am kind of curious as to how much stress it puts on the box.

Pipedreams

Still on stock gearbox, rebuilt and in good condition but I'm looking into gearkit. So for next year I guess I'll be running sqs straightcut dogbox.
Too bad I'm away for work so much. Been out for allmost a month now. I really want to get home and tear the head off and have a look at what happened. I may order a 5s-fe engine so I'll have a block if needed.

carfunatic

boy this thing sure did turn out to be a monster. that spool is nasty! really glad you showed the with/without VVT active, 800rpm is huge. so are you planning for another 5s block? or thinking of another route? or maybe sleeved? either way heck of a build and look forward to seeing new updates.

Pipedreams

carfunatic":2xda98ta said:
boy this thing sure did turn out to be a monster. that spool is nasty! really glad you showed the with/without VVT active, 800rpm is huge. so are you planning for another 5s block? or thinking of another route? or maybe sleeved? either way heck of a build and look forward to seeing new updates.

I guess I will just put in another 5s block but depending on what I find I may back off a little bit on power.

Pipedreams

sleeper":1tp0nd1g said:
Hi.

Could you post a graph with a little more info on it? ( sidebar data )

That's all I have but I could probably ask them for more details. What do you want to know?
Or I could take it to a dyno you trust when it's back together :) I was thinking about taking it for a dyno tour just for comparison.

sleeper

Pipedreams":24emb18s said:
sleeper":24emb18s said:
Hi.

Could you post a graph with a little more info on it? ( sidebar data )

That's all I have but I could probably ask them for more details. What do you want to know?
Or I could take it to a dyno you trust when it's back together :) I was thinking about taking it for a dyno tour just for comparison.

There should be a bar on the right side with more details about the dyno run. ( search google on dynapack dyno charts and you will understand. )

If you want to take the trip to Norway, you could run it on my dyno. ( Rototest) :D :)

Pipedreams

Where in Norway are you located? I wouldn't mind putting it on your Dyno. If I find the time and get it back together I would like to go to Gatebil Rudskogen in september.

gunt

THE 96- 5S blocks are suppose to be the ones to go for , we have been gathering the up with this in mind , i know a few guys in the states running 1100-1200 on them

Pipedreams

I had a -00 block. 11-1200hp I would guess is on methanol and fully concrete filled block? So then it doesn't matter that much :)

gunt

no concrete , but this will be interesting to see what happened yours , i,ll chech in with a guy he has broken almost everything in the 3s-5s range when you have found out whats gone