jdm 3sgte swap into my st184

Huaraches

whats up guys just picked up a 2nd gen year 91 jdm 3sgte of an mr2. I need help on how to do this swap. such as write ups and ill update asap on my progress.

Me: well im going into a nightmare project here since it will be my first swap.

my st84: well I have 90 GT lift back everything stock minus the clutch and fw, and springs.

things i need: well the main things i need is the turbo with cat and downpipe, i need an intercooler, afm, ecu throttle cable. then lil things like hoses and maybe few small things.

what it i have: the engine with stock manifold. intake manifold with an aftermarket inlet, 3rd gen camshafts with gears, also have the 2nd gen as extra, mr2 harness no fuse box with it tho.

parts i will try to use if possible off my 5sfe: my ac compressor, alternator, powersteering pump, clutch masters fw, spec 2 clutch kit.

parts i have doubts using: radiator, fuse boxes ignition components, Toyota thermostat,

phattyduck

Celicatech has lots of guys that have done similar swaps... and there should be a few write-ups on the different parts you need help on over there. Most of the guys here have the most knowledge to help AFTER your swap is done.

-Charlie