JDM GT-Four... Project rez wagon

Specialized7

hello everyone!
New member here,Used to own a 93 MR2 but got rid of it.
Was itching for another project so i Just picked up a 92 JDM GT4....
Car wouldnt start and has a broken rear quarter window.
Came with a box of goodies...New pistons/rings,waterpump,oilpump,everygasket etc!
Paid 1000 dollars for it from some indians on the reserve!

Car would crank and crank and crank but nothing. checked compression ...185 across the board!

Decided its not a project if i dont rip it apart!

Actually much easier to remove pistons in car then i thought(i cleaned those piston tops...lots of carbon build up)

New vs old...

Changed valve stem seals!! what a bitch!

Cylinders honed, new pistons/rings

Cell phone photography ahha

Specialized7

Not much for go fast goodies,Has a HKS hi power exhaust, Sard intake.
Doesnt look like it has seen a boost controller?
Anyways plans for it other then the rebuild/timing belt/headgasket extraveganza are BOV,Boost controller,Catch Can,Wheel spacers all around, New oils in everything.
planning on gettin a set of Studded winter tires for winter

UtahSleeper

underscore":1sj2astq said:
I may have missed something but why would you rip apart an engine that has great compression?

I was wondering that too, but it sounds like its more a case of he wanted to lol.

Specialized7

Ha. Not really planning big power right now. I'd like to get it going and nice and reliable for winter.
Once I decide to go big I wout have to worry about anything.
This is a project guys...

athousandleaves

Good score on the trac!

I've found that AFM'd cars when left to sit for any length of time will have the AFM seize up. Especially when stored outdoors or near standing water. When it does stick the car will crank all damn day and you might be able to keep it running if you kick the gas like a madman but ultimately once its warmed up you'll notice the intake piping flexing under vacuum.
Take off your hot air intake and give the door a poke, should swing freely, if not douse it with your favorite flavour of penetrating oil and carefully work it open. Sometimes taking a dremel with a wire wheel on it to clear off the swept area speeds things up a bit too.

Specialized7

Not much of an update. Ordered a new chra for the turbo and waiting for.other parts!
Made some cutting.board mud flaps!! Should be flush when I.put on the 1" wheel spacers