4 July 2015
Have bothered to dedicate some time to Pearl while my fibrglass guards dry. I have a list of things to do and so time to tick them off and get Pearl back on the road.
Main mission is to fix up the exhaust system due to the issues previously mentioned, and while I was under the car, Nick worked on the front end. I got him to move the sugar cube around due to some clutch change issues. Here is the wear on the cube.
Nick also started drilling the various holes in the bumper for mounting.
I finally got the exhaust out.
As you can see, the previous owner removed the resonator and left a big mess.
And here is the aborted attempt at cutting through the pipe just after the muffler.
I was rounding the nuts-bolts which held the muffler sections together. They were well and truly rust solide. I had to take an angle grinder and cut sections out to get the nuts and bolts out.
Removed the rear brace under the diff yoke. Took a while and a lot of torque due the bolts being corroded. With the muffler out of the way, I managed to get some lube on to the bolt threads from the reverse and worked the bolts in and out to clear the rust debris between the threads. Cleaned up the bolts and the threads in the subframe once the bolts were out.
Time to fix the wiring over the head. Originally the wiring loom was just wrapped up in electrical tape. I removed the tape and cleaned up the wiring a bit using some wax and grease remover.
Then I positioned the wiring into the spare loom plastic I pulled from an NA at the scrap yard.
And now the wiring is neatly routed
During the day we did some minor checks for the warrent of fitness (WOF).