Red 1988 ST165 rebuild and story

Talk about your project car here

Re: Red 1988 ST165 rebuild and story

Postby Xander_42 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:00 pm

zaluss wrote:
Xander_42 wrote:
zaluss wrote:Holy shit. Glad your ok!

...dibs on the gas tank. Too soon? :shrug:

Umm, do you really want that tank? I mean, it didn't rupture (thankfully), but it's probably not exactly straight.

Yeah probably not. If it looks mangled then probably not worth it. I didn't realize that you were local too. Let me know if you start parting it out or if you want to save it, I'll be more than happy to help!

I will take a closer look at the tank (also, I just read through the police report and they mentioned a trail of liquid leading to my car's resting spot, so maybe the tank did rupture?).

Also, I am currently planning to part it out, so I may need help with that. I will let you know. I don't think it is possible to save it, unless I had another shell (at which point, aren't I saving the other car?).
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
88 ST165, Black - recently acquired, not running yet
88 ST165, Red - destroyed by a drunk driver
72 510 2-door
Xander_42
Club Member

1988 Toyota Celica

Re: Red 1988 ST165 rebuild and story

Postby Xander_42 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:03 pm

buffalohunter7321 wrote:Would the engine be for sale? I sent you a PM but never got a reply. I need an 88/89 3sgte real bad. This would save another 88 from being modified. Thanks

Sorry, I didn't get your PM. Yes, the engine will be for sale. I have not had a chance to test it yet, but it should still be good (there is conflicting evidence about whether or not I was moving at the moment I got hit, if I was not, the likelihood that the engine is ok is better).

I should be able to test the engine this coming week. It is going to be a while until I can pull it (I still have some serious recovery to do).

I would love to get a buyer lined up for the engine, so let's start talking.
88 ST165, Black - recently acquired, not running yet
88 ST165, Red - destroyed by a drunk driver
72 510 2-door
Xander_42
Club Member

1988 Toyota Celica

Previous

Return to My Project