Twin Turbo V6 1993 Alltrac Project

Talk about your project car here

Re: Twin Turbo V6 1993 Alltrac Project

Postby fhalperformance » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:20 am

The deal on the 92 trac fell through. After offering more then asking price and seller dragging his feet/not responding regularly he tried to start a bidding war for even more then what i offered him with someone who came along later. Everything got kind of sketchy and with having to ship it I had to bail on the purchase which I wasnt happy about. Got a great deal on 205 parts locally so I feel a little better. Still looking for an affordable 92 trac project to v8 rwd swap let me know lol.

Calling to order a custom clutch this week fingers crossed, picking up a st205 transmission and rear st205 complete subframe assembly this weekend that will go in the 90 trac, and hoping to drop motor in car soon. I test fit a rav4 transfer case and it clears the block without modification or so it seems, and fit the 3vz timing belt engine mount bracket (slight trimming required). RC transmission internals, 205 case with some other parts, rav4 differential and transfer case may work out just nicely I think just have to find the special puller I bought and lost lol.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
'93 trac - V6TT project.
'92 trac - RHD conversion coming.
'91 trac - 564awhp.
'90 trac - fab car/snow build coming.
'91 mr2 - parting out.
'00 celica gts - custom wide body.
'01 mr2 - crazy build in progress.
'04 ducati 999
'04 tacoma TRD - for sale
fhalperformance
Club Member

Postby fhalperformance » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:04 am

Picked up some 275/35r18 Hoosier A7 slicks for this season at the track. Fit them to my XXR527s and they look great. Did a quick test fit on my car to see what I need to modify in order to run the tires. Front fenders need to be pulled, rear quarters need to be cut/flared to even bolt the rim and tire on. Looks Like I wont need any spacers in the front the rims fit perfect on several Toyota vehicles that I have tried them on with no rubbing at full lock. They look mean I cant wait to set the car on them for real!!

SSBC proportioning valve will be installed this saturday (hopefully) and its going in cabin for on the fly adjustment if necessary. Hoping to eliminate some more dead weight from the car we will have to see how it goes. Picked up some factory doors for when I start making molds for carbon fiber versions without moldings of course. Factory doors weight approximately 71 lbs without door skins with glass so Im not sure how much weight there is to loose there. Really hoping to use a factory alltrac hood to replace the sunroof skin but I dont know how it will end up looking... Gota visualize that some more.

'93 trac - V6TT project.
'91 trac - 564awhp.
'91 mr2 - parting out.
'04 ducati 999
fhalperformance
Club Member

Postby fhalperformance » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:06 am

-90 fab car engine bay

-weight on the tire fender hits.

-clearance in front. ss brake line fittings rotten after 1 year... awesome.
'93 trac - V6TT project.
'91 trac - 564awhp.
'91 mr2 - parting out.
'04 ducati 999
fhalperformance
Club Member

Postby fhalperformance » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:09 am

-modification planned for rear wheel. I need to make sure the back is cambered all the way after I installed the 205 arms I never changed anything. The camber bolts I used previously to make camber the same on both sides not max it out. Im hoping to get some serious numbers back there more so then the -1 they were. Time to bust out the unused new plasma cutter lol been super busy lately havent gotten anything done except buying a expensive extension cord.

'93 trac - V6TT project.
'91 trac - 564awhp.
'91 mr2 - parting out.
'04 ducati 999
fhalperformance
Club Member

Postby Terracar » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:20 pm

Looks like a cool project.

Edited: take the rest to PM
Thanks,
Mods
'92 'trac - Demon - currently in need of some reconstructive surgery.
Terracar
Established Member

Postby fhalperformance » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:29 am

Bought the transmission parts I need I should have them later this week. Motor is coming out of the mr2 so I can rob the custom flywheel and clutch for the project just havent decided if Im dropping my complete 2nd gen 3sgte into the mr2 or to leave it for the v8 swap i have been collecting parts for the last couple of months.

Havent finished the slick/18 inch rim installation yet got a steal on a spare st205 rear subframe complete with everything, spare st205 transmission to modify with my own personal touches, a 89 camry alltrac tank with sender and straps in great shape for a friend, got some done on the mk3 mr2 5x114 conversion for the front end, lots and lots of stuff. Hoping to get the mounts started for the steering rack conversion once I get the rest of the motor out of my st215 swapped fab chassis.

Ill post pictures when my phone finishes backing up.
'93 trac - V6TT project.
'91 trac - 564awhp.
'91 mr2 - parting out.
'04 ducati 999
fhalperformance
Club Member

Postby fhalperformance » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:44 am

Cant wait for parts tranny to get here so I can finish getting the v6 ready to drop in. Had slight difficulty bolting st185 rear brakes onto st205 rear hubs but that was solved with some washers for now. Hopefully in the next two weeks I can get my steering rack conversion mounted, the remainder of the st215 motor removed & possibly get the v6 installed.

-fab chassis 205 rear subframe installation. Got it off my trailer so I can get the new 92 on it.

-st205 rear end.

-fully installed rear 205 subframe with st185 brakes and wheels so the thing can roll again.

-will have front 5x114 conversion for the mk3 mr2 done this week.
'93 trac - V6TT project.
'91 trac - 564awhp.
'91 mr2 - parting out.
'04 ducati 999
fhalperformance
Club Member

Postby AwdGte » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:09 am

Where did you find all of the st205 stuff? Awesome project, are you worried about the strength of the st185 trans or the Rav4 transfer case?
AwdGte
Club Member

Postby fhalperformance » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:17 am

I found it from someone with a 205 conversion that they had purchased & were looking to unload. Tried to buy the whole car with everything but the seller changed the deal after it was already worked out so I bailed. 6 months later he texts me and says the guy who bought the chassis never came back and paid for the parts that were suppose to go with it. I got a very good deal on a truck load of 205 parts it was a no brainer.

There is no reliability information for the hybrid transmission with big power Ill have to find out on my own. Im not worried about it the transfer cases are not expensive and I have some ideas about other replacement transfer cases I need to check out when I have a budget for research and development again.

Hoping to have an update on my custom spec brake pads tomorrow since I havent heard anything yet. I need to finalize my bare chassis loading setup, test my winch & get my diesel road worthy again before I can make any more progress on the build.
'93 trac - V6TT project.
'91 trac - 564awhp.
'91 mr2 - parting out.
'04 ducati 999
fhalperformance
Club Member

Postby AwdGte » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:10 pm

I'd be interested to see how strong the Rav4 transfer case is.

If you hear of another st205 rear can you let me know?

fhalperformance wrote:I found it from someone with a 205 conversion that they had purchased & were looking to unload. Tried to buy the whole car with everything but the seller changed the deal after it was already worked out so I bailed. 6 months later he texts me and says the guy who bought the chassis never came back and paid for the parts that were suppose to go with it. I got a very good deal on a truck load of 205 parts it was a no brainer.

There is no reliability information for the hybrid transmission with big power Ill have to find out on my own. Im not worried about it the transfer cases are not expensive and I have some ideas about other replacement transfer cases I need to check out when I have a budget for research and development again.

Hoping to have an update on my custom spec brake pads tomorrow since I havent heard anything yet. I need to finalize my bare chassis loading setup, test my winch & get my diesel road worthy again before I can make any more progress on the build.
AwdGte
Club Member

Postby fhalperformance » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:40 am

Yeah the 205 rears are just not popping up like they did before. I was lucky to find this one after looking for a while.

Going saturday to pickup the new 92 gota get the trailer ready for it test out my winch. It came missing a ramp so I just built a new one, I got a ball mount that has a receiver for the winch to bolt into coming next couple days, run some wires for the winch for power thats plug n play, gota get some brakes in my diesel, and some other stuff I cant remember.
'93 trac - V6TT project.
'91 trac - 564awhp.
'91 mr2 - parting out.
'04 ducati 999
fhalperformance
Club Member

Postby MWP » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:31 pm

What exactly are the differences between the 185 and 205 subframes?
Someone told me that the drive shafts on the 185 and 205 are the same length... but that doesn't make much sense to me since the track width is different.
My collection of GT4 documentation: http://gt4.mwp.id.au
Daily: Celica GT4 ST185 (~170kw/atw)
Project: Toyota RA28 '77 Celica (1UZ-FE powered)
Chairman of the SA Classic Celica Club.
MWP
Established Member

Postby flyingdutchman » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:41 pm

MWP wrote:What exactly are the differences between the 185 and 205 subframes?
Someone told me that the drive shafts on the 185 and 205 are the same length... but that doesn't make much sense to me since the track width is different.

Subframe is identical iirc, but the suspension arms and axles are different. Maybe hubs too?
1988 Camry Alltrac 5speed
flyingdutchman
Club Member

Postby fhalperformance » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:16 pm

Axles, and both subframe to hub arms are longer. If used with st185 rear struts it gives you more camber. Hubs have a slightly different center bore (larger by 1mm?) but thats about it. The rest is the same as far as I know.
'93 trac - V6TT project.
'91 trac - 564awhp.
'91 mr2 - parting out.
'04 ducati 999
fhalperformance
Club Member

Postby MWP » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:50 am

fhalperformance wrote:Axles, and both subframe to hub arms are longer. If used with st185 rear struts it gives you more camber. Hubs have a slightly different center bore (larger by 1mm?) but thats about it. The rest is the same as far as I know.

Thanks guys. Yeah, thats what i thought.
The guy i was talking to must have been on drugs :lol:
My collection of GT4 documentation: http://gt4.mwp.id.au
Daily: Celica GT4 ST185 (~170kw/atw)
Project: Toyota RA28 '77 Celica (1UZ-FE powered)
Chairman of the SA Classic Celica Club.
MWP
Established Member

PreviousNext

Return to My Project